Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2014 DB9 B&O sound system not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 10:33 AM
erwinrafar is an unknown quantity at this point
2014 DB9 B&O sound system not working

B&O Sound system stopped working. I had an iPod plugged in the cubby and it blew the 20A cubby fuse. Replaced the fuse but the radio will not operate. When I press On/Off, I can click Mode and see the optional inputs (CD/AUX/USB etc...) but the tweeters do not rise and audio system does not turn on. No bluetooth; and still no power in cubby (USB or any input). Any ideas? Is there a 2nd infotainment fuse box to check? Thanks in advance.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:51 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a bad Sirius module. When it fails, it takes the rest of the audio system with it.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:31 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
If your referencing the 20amp fuse for the power port, it is not a related circuit to the infotainment system. If you did replace the correct fuse it has failed again, or there is more going on. No sound, no tweeters the network has been compromised. Component fault as XJRS has mentioned or additional power/ground interrupt. Year and model would help. Have you had other issues and what is the state of the battery?

Old 11-04-2018, 08:01 AM
XJRS - Thank you for your comment. Pardon my ignorance, is the Sirius module the satellite radio? Or is it a different device? Do you know if there is a separate fuse for Sirius? Or is there a fuse box under passenger side as I saw referenced in DB9 workshop manuals?

Old 11-04-2018, 08:09 AM
J Double U - thank you for your comment too. The 20A fuse did not fail after I replaced it. I did notice the charging cable connected to USB port in cubby have burn marks. So I suspect my iPhone charging was what caused the short-circuit. And you are correct, the Beosound inputs are on a different circuit than power. I tested the cig lighter on back side of cubby and it works. I checked all fuses in trunk and they are all fine. Navigation system, climate controls, all other electrical systems work fine. No battery issues past or present. This is for a 2014 DB9.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:06 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Can't help you, other than to tell you that when my audio system failed to work (same symptoms as you describe), the culprit was a failed Sirius module which was located behind the right rear wheel liner on my Vanquish. Lots of trouble shooting on the dealer's part to narrow it down to that particular module. All the modules talk to each other in a fiber optic data loop and apparently when any module fails, the whole loop is taken down.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:30 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Can't help you, other than to tell you that when my audio system failed to work (same symptoms as you describe), the culprit was a failed Sirius module which was located behind the right rear wheel liner on my Vanquish. Lots of trouble shooting on the dealer's part to narrow it down to that particular module. All the modules talk to each other in a fiber optic data loop and apparently when any module fails, the whole loop is taken down.
I had something similar happen to me with another brand, I was able to isolate the problem by taking each item on the MOST fiber loop out and in my case it was a bad CD changer...

You may be able to try this is you are handy

Old 11-04-2018, 01:39 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You should check fuses in the passenger footwell compartment, they do not show those in the owners book. I believe there is a USB circuit fuse that may relate to your fault. Passengers footing, peel back the carpet from the top and there is 7 Torx 30 headed screws to remove the aluminum panel. For access to the fuses. If you do not have a reference to them, carefully check each fuse 1 by 1. Hopefully you have removed the iPhone cable and discarded it.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the tip on passenger fuse box. I will check it out. I have discarded bad iPhone cable :-)...

Old 11-05-2018, 09:04 AM
MRCW - would greatly appreciate any tips on where to begin with troubleshooting individual components connected to the MOST fiber loop. How do I test each unit to determine if it is faulty? Note, I checked all fuses under passenger footwell and all are good.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:27 PM
Cross your fingers it's not the B&O amplifier. They have been known to cause trouble in other makes.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by erwinrafar
MRCW - would greatly appreciate any tips on where to begin with troubleshooting individual components connected to the MOST fiber loop. How do I test each unit to determine if it is faulty? Note, I checked all fuses under passenger footwell and all are good.
Unplug the connector and see if you have that pretty light in the line, no light = No MOST. I usually look for the MOST connector that still has signal then replace the module with a MOST loop or MOST tester and loop the feed, the loop/tester acts like the module and your able to see if other systems come to life. So lets say your SAT was pullling down the most. If you replaced the SAT with your loop tester, the radio will come back to life but the SAT will still not work, plug back the SAT and everything cuts out..aka you would need a SAT module.

Also if you need the B&O fuses, there in the rear boot, there's a F18 30amp and F5 30amp and SAT+Nav is F11 10amp. If all fuses are good and have 12v, pull the battery ground off and do a hard reset, if all still fails, get it to the dealer and have it scanned for faults. Very possibly the B&O module just needs to be updated and at worst a module needs to be replaced.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Thank you for the guidance. Had tried a few troubleshooting tasks to no avail and decided to have Aston Martin service troubleshoot and repair. Audio module failed. Awaiting replacement. Thank you to all contributions.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:08 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Let us know how much it ends up costing!

Old 11-10-2018, 12:28 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I had the same thing happen to my Aston recently also: failed am/fm module took down the entire system!

I resolved it temporarily (and verified that the am/fm module was the culprit) by placing a MOST fiber optic loop on the connector.

My system is working again: navigation, iPod, CD player all functioning again with only the am/fm not working.

I ordered a used replacement part and will install it to fully resolve.

This was such a pain to diagnose. The quickest way to get likely suspects is to use the AMDS (Aston Martin computer system) to show which module isn't communicating first. Fortunately my indy mechanic had one and it narrowed down which modules were suspected of failure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 DB9 B&O sound system not working