Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AC System Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 05:02 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
AC System Issue

So, took the 2009 V8V out for a drive this afternoon... Here in Florida, weather was nice and drove with no AC and the windows down while on the back roads...Got on the highway, rolled up windows and no AC... all the lights functioned, display was normal, could adjust Temp and fan speed on display, but no air flow, no AC clutch engagement, etc.

I figured with the British quirks, perhaps a restart would do the trick and pulled over and restarted car,.. everything worked normally...

Was this just a quirk or a sign of a module or component failure? Anyone experience this?

Old 11-05-2018, 10:38 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
I had this in my 2006 a few years ago.... The actual cabin blower fan motor was the culprit. It started as occasionally intermittent, or would come on after a few minutes... Ultimately it needed to be replaced. Luckily that's a bit cheaper than the actual control module in the dash.. which is what I had thought may have been it. This should give you a good place to start. Good luck with the fix.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:50 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
I had this in my 2006 a few years ago.... The actual cabin blower fan motor was the culprit. It started as occasionally intermittent, or would come on after a few minutes... Ultimately it needed to be replaced. Luckily that's a bit cheaper than the actual control module in the dash.. which is what I had thought may have been it. This should give you a good place to start. Good luck with the fix.
great thanks for help