6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Daylight savings time (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/425932-daylight-savings-time.html)

Gene G 11-04-2018 02:49 PM

Daylight savings time

i always hate when it is time to reset the clocks. I have six cars and each one has a different procedure to reset the time. What a pleasant surprise when I went to reset the time in the DB11. It was already done. It automatically resets for the time change. How cool is that. Just one more thing I like about the DB11.

cuddapah 11-04-2018 04:30 PM

DB9 also sets itself :-)

GA_DB9 11-04-2018 07:05 PM

Oh... not all of them do. Had to change mine today.

Gene G 11-05-2018 07:29 AM

The 08 Vantage was easy just used a ballpoint pen. The hardest was the 05 SL55, a complicated series of buttons to push. Maybe in the future they will all change themselves. Or maybe our law makers will do away with the time changes.

MRCW 11-05-2018 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Gene G (Post 4748297)
i always hate when it is time to reset the clocks. I have six cars and each one has a different procedure to reset the time. What a pleasant surprise when I went to reset the time in the DB11. It was already done. It automatically resets for the time change. How cool is that. Just one more thing I like about the DB11.

no wonder I've been early everywhere I've been the past two days...

Hedged 11-05-2018 09:05 AM

The what appears to be an analog clock in my 2014 V8 Vantage has always updated automatically for time changes. And I always forget to watch the clock in real time to catch it happen.

AWV12 11-05-2018 09:11 AM

In all of my German cars from the last 10(!) years it goes/went automatically (using a radio clock), but in older Astons (<2012?) you indeed have to do it yourself.
In the post 2008 cars it is not so difficult (using the menu) in older cars you must use a pen or so.

Originally Posted by Gene G (Post 4748376)
The 08 Vantage was easy just used a ballpoint pen. The hardest was the 05 SL55, a complicated series of buttons to push. Maybe in the future they will all change themselves. Or maybe our law makers will do away with the time changes.

Guess what: overhere in EU they seriously consider to go back to one time again (either ST or DST, they will probably fight about what to choose for the coming 10 years).

rohnin 11-05-2018 11:53 PM

How do you change it in a 2016 Vantage? My infotainment clock and dash clock aren’t in sync

norbert6speed 11-06-2018 09:29 AM

On AMiIII cars, the clock is calibrated automatically via the GPS.
If the time is incorrect, confirm the correct Daylight Savings Time option is selected in Settings and leave the car outside for 5-10 minutes.
The clock should now calibrate.

brightoncorgi 11-06-2018 02:04 PM

I noticed the Rapide set itself for the correct time. Thought that was pretty nifty and unexpected.

SheriffDep 11-07-2018 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Gene G (Post 4748376)

The time change was literally developed for making sure daylight or dawn was happening during Bus Stops for school children. So they weren't in the dark to keep them safe. This is not likely to ever change. IMHO

My clock in my DB9 is a ball point pen type to correct. Hell its off 8 hours and some change right now. I never pay it attention. Let alone bring a pen with me to change it. 2-300 miles max a month, why bother. I like the noise instead. (PS my cd changer is broken, but works with my Denison module, so haven't fixed that either)

Irish07@VelocityAP 11-07-2018 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by SheriffDep (Post 4748729)
The time change was literally developed for making sure daylight or dawn was happening during Bus Stops for school children. So they weren't in the dark to keep them safe. This is not likely to ever change. IMHO

My clock in my DB9 is a ball point pen type to correct. Hell its off 8 hours and some change right now. I never pay it attention. Let alone bring a pen with me to change it. 2-300 miles max a month, why bother. I like the noise instead. (PS my cd changer is broken, but works with my Denison module, so haven't fixed that either)

Actually, believe it was for the German's to conserve on cost of heating with coal. Which is why most places have either not adopted the use of DST or have been voting to remove it from there system entirely.

Irish07@VelocityAP 11-07-2018 06:19 PM

Btw, if you guys have Garmin Nav, the time will self update via sat. If you have the older volvo nav, you'll need to update the time through the radio.

FYI, if you have Garmin and the time is off by a few minutes even after time sync. You'll need to remove your battery ground cable for 15 mins, place back and then drive car outside..time will sync and correct.