Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Hello Vanquish, Goodbye V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 07:41 PM
dpath is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello Vanquish, Goodbye V8 Vantage

Thanks in part to the enthusiasm and expertise of the members of this forum, I’ve become a committed Aston Martin fan. I purchased a 2012 V8 Vantage S a couple of years ago and have enjoyed it immensely. This car whet my appetite for a V12 Aston and I finally decided to go for a 2015 Vanquish. As many have noted, Gen 2 Vanquishs are fast, comfortable and beautifully designed. Unfortunately, my garage space is limited so my V8 Vantage S must go. If anyone is looking for a low mileage (14K miles), Cobalt Blue SSII V8 Vantage S in pristine condition, it’s currently listed on Bring a Trailer. It has several upgrades including a Velocity tune and secondary cat deletes. I’ll post pictures of my Vanquish soon.

Old 12-17-2020, 06:07 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dpath
Thanks in part to the enthusiasm and expertise of the members of this forum, I’ve become a committed Aston Martin fan. I purchased a 2012 V8 Vantage S a couple of years ago and have enjoyed it immensely. This car whet my appetite for a V12 Aston and I finally decided to go for a 2015 Vanquish. As many have noted, Gen 2 Vanquishs are fast, comfortable and beautifully designed. Unfortunately, my garage space is limited so my V8 Vantage S must go. If anyone is looking for a low mileage (14K miles), Cobalt Blue SSII V8 Vantage S in pristine condition, it’s currently listed on Bring a Trailer. It has several upgrades including a Velocity tune and secondary cat deletes. I’ll post pictures of my Vanquish soon.
saw your car on BAT yesterday. nice looking ride. best wishes with new Vanquish!

Old 12-18-2020, 07:36 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
So, some more details on Vanquish compared the V8V!

Old 12-18-2020, 08:27 AM
My initial impressions are that the V8 Vantage S is an involving sports car that wants to be driven aggressively, particularly using its paddle (or manual) shifter. Although the Vanquish is quicker to 60 and has a higher top speed, it’s much more of a GT cruiser. It’s also more spacious (with ridiculously small back seats) and more comfortable (at least for me). Both cars are fun to drive and great in their own ways. I only wish I could keep both.

Old 12-19-2020, 02:36 AM
Kalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to allKalepsis is a name known to all
Congrats! I plan on doing the same and stepping up to a 2014+ Vanquish in the next couple years, as well. I've wanted one for a long time. Please keep us posted on your driving impressions, satisfaction with the upgrade, value for money, etc.

Old 12-20-2020, 08:45 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dpath
nice upgrade! Any pictures?

Old 12-20-2020, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the positive comments. I hope to get time to shoot some photos next week.

Old 12-25-2020, 08:26 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kalepsis
Congrats! I plan on doing the same and stepping up to a 2014+ Vanquish in the next couple years, as well. I've wanted one for a long time. Please keep us posted on your driving impressions, satisfaction with the upgrade, value for money, etc.
I am thinking the same with a DB9 GT, Vanquish, or V12VS. Wouldn't mind saving a couple of feet in the garage over the Rapide.

Old 12-25-2020, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Kalepsis
I am thinking the same with a DB9 GT, Vanquish, or V12VS. Wouldn't mind saving a couple of feet in the garage over the Rapide.

Old 01-10-2021, 02:36 PM
I finally had some time today to take some photos of my 2015 Carbon Black Edition Vanquish. As you can see, it’s another sunny day in Southern California.