6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Strange USB Audio behaviour (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/426001-strange-usb-audio-behaviour.html)

Sirius79 11-06-2018 11:05 AM

Strange USB Audio behaviour

Hi All,

My USB Audio is being a bit weird. Basically on start up it only works sometimes, when it works it is perfect, track listings, playback etc all fine. Other times it says 'USB Unreadable' and occasionally it just sits there saying 'Loading' and then does nothing.

Any thoughts? I'm not sure about a physical fault as I would have thought a dodgy connection would manifest itself at lots of different times.

hkg1997 11-06-2018 12:29 PM

Same thing here...Most of time unplug and plug it back a few times will solve it.

Zettinger 11-06-2018 12:41 PM

I had the same thing and complained at Aston Martin.
The dealer replaced the whole unit under warranty but that didn't help and the problem came back.

When that happens, unplug and plug the usb back in.

Since I bought the Bovee, I don't use the USB slot at all and this problem doesn't bother me anymore.

Sirius79 11-06-2018 05:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. I have also found that by plugging and unplugging eventually it will work but that is quite tedious. Need to look into the Bovee device.

SheriffDep 11-06-2018 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sirius79 (Post 4748697)
Thanks for the replies. I have also found that by plugging and unplugging eventually it will work but that is quite tedious. Need to look into the Bovee device.

Get it from Redpants.lol or get it off Amazon. Bovee or Tune2Air are the same devices. You plug it into your iPhone plug whether its the lightning or the 30 pin one (different modules for those) and then its powered by that cable and its bluetooth. Simple enough and somewhere around 80$ or so. Last I looked anyway.

No need to look into it, just get one and be done. You should have this resolved by Fri or Sat at most. Dont be lazy, just order and be happy.

MRCW 11-07-2018 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by SheriffDep (Post 4748727)
Get it from Redpants.lol or get it off Amazon. Bovee or Tune2Air are the same devices. You plug it into your iPhone plug whether its the lightning or the 30 pin one (different modules for those) and then its powered by that cable and its bluetooth. Simple enough and somewhere around 80$ or so. Last I looked anyway.

No need to look into it, just get one and be done. You should have this resolved by Fri or Sat at most. Dont be lazy, just order and be happy.

Also, if you don't have your iPod cable (mine was missing from the car) make sure you get the cable for land rover ands jaguar... don't get the 30 pin connector for MB, VW or Audi MMI

Zettinger 11-07-2018 09:28 AM

Bovee and Tune2air are the same brand but not the same devices.
I own both types.

Bovee: for iPod connector, no power required. Aston will get the BT connection and sound with option ipod.
Tune2Air: USB and auxiliary connection, depending on car, you can hear the BT connection and music with USB or aux option in radio.

SheriffDep 11-07-2018 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Zettinger (Post 4748759)
Bovee and Tune2air are the same brand but not the same devices.
I own both types.

Bovee: for iPod connector, no power required. Aston will get the BT connection and sound with option ipod.
Tune2Air: USB and auxiliary connection, depending on car, you can hear the BT connection and music with USB or aux option in radio.

OK, did not know this. I originally bought a Tune2Air for my 2007 AMG which had the 30 pin. I have used that for all my vehicles. When i got the one for my 2011 RRS, on Amazon it pulled up the same but named Bovee, but was still the 30 pin for what I got.

Irish07@VelocityAP 11-07-2018 05:42 PM

Not sure if your aware, Aston does have an accessory upgrade kit that enables bluetooth streaming.

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/access...etooth-upgrade

Sirius79 11-08-2018 04:07 PM

Sorry - what I meant was I'd like to understand how the thing works, I have a cable in my car that plugs into a port in the centre console cubby and has a 30-pin iPhone connector on the end. I think I am right in thinking that the Bovee plugs into that and there is no wired connection between the phone and the Bovee device and that is done via bluetooth.

I am not sure if that will impact on the existing bluetooth connection between the car and the phone for the telephone? I use my phone as both satnav via waze and the phone so need those features to remain as I often use the car for work.

brightoncorgi 11-09-2018 05:56 AM

My iPhone won't play via USB and dealer determined it was the iOS version. If your phone is current; it won't play. We tested several iPhones with different version iOS and only the outdated ones would work (on my '12 Rapide).

AWV12 11-09-2018 06:52 AM

If your device is USB powered, and the USB cable is too long, this might cause the problems. CHoose the shortest USB cable you can find, and try again. Also look at the required amperage needed for your USB device, maybe it is highger than the built in USB port supplies?