Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Daylight savings time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Daylight savings time

i always hate when it is time to reset the clocks. I have six cars and each one has a different procedure to reset the time. What a pleasant surprise when I went to reset the time in the DB11. It was already done. It automatically resets for the time change. How cool is that. Just one more thing I like about the DB11.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:30 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
DB9 also sets itself :-)

Old 11-04-2018, 07:05 PM
GA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud of
Oh... not all of them do. Had to change mine today.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:29 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
The 08 Vantage was easy just used a ballpoint pen. The hardest was the 05 SL55, a complicated series of buttons to push. Maybe in the future they will all change themselves. Or maybe our law makers will do away with the time changes.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:49 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gene G
i always hate when it is time to reset the clocks. I have six cars and each one has a different procedure to reset the time. What a pleasant surprise when I went to reset the time in the DB11. It was already done. It automatically resets for the time change. How cool is that. Just one more thing I like about the DB11.
no wonder I've been early everywhere I've been the past two days...

Old 11-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
The what appears to be an analog clock in my 2014 V8 Vantage has always updated automatically for time changes. And I always forget to watch the clock in real time to catch it happen.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:11 AM
AWV12 is an unknown quantity at this point
In all of my German cars from the last 10(!) years it goes/went automatically (using a radio clock), but in older Astons (<2012?) you indeed have to do it yourself.
In the post 2008 cars it is not so difficult (using the menu) in older cars you must use a pen or so.

The 08 Vantage was easy just used a ballpoint pen. The hardest was the 05 SL55, a complicated series of buttons to push. Maybe in the future they will all change themselves. Or maybe our law makers will do away with the time changes.
Guess what: overhere in EU they seriously consider to go back to one time again (either ST or DST, they will probably fight about what to choose for the coming 10 years).

Old 11-05-2018, 11:53 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
How do you change it in a 2016 Vantage? My infotainment clock and dash clock aren’t in sync

Old 11-06-2018, 09:29 AM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
On AMiIII cars, the clock is calibrated automatically via the GPS.
If the time is incorrect, confirm the correct Daylight Savings Time option is selected in Settings and leave the car outside for 5-10 minutes.
The clock should now calibrate.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:04 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed the Rapide set itself for the correct time. Thought that was pretty nifty and unexpected.

Old 11-07-2018, 12:25 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
The time change was literally developed for making sure daylight or dawn was happening during Bus Stops for school children. So they weren't in the dark to keep them safe. This is not likely to ever change. IMHO

My clock in my DB9 is a ball point pen type to correct. Hell its off 8 hours and some change right now. I never pay it attention. Let alone bring a pen with me to change it. 2-300 miles max a month, why bother. I like the noise instead. (PS my cd changer is broken, but works with my Denison module, so haven't fixed that either)

Old 11-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
The time change was literally developed for making sure daylight or dawn was happening during Bus Stops for school children. So they weren't in the dark to keep them safe. This is not likely to ever change. IMHO

My clock in my DB9 is a ball point pen type to correct. Hell its off 8 hours and some change right now. I never pay it attention. Let alone bring a pen with me to change it. 2-300 miles max a month, why bother. I like the noise instead. (PS my cd changer is broken, but works with my Denison module, so haven't fixed that either)
Actually, believe it was for the German's to conserve on cost of heating with coal. Which is why most places have either not adopted the use of DST or have been voting to remove it from there system entirely.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Btw, if you guys have Garmin Nav, the time will self update via sat. If you have the older volvo nav, you'll need to update the time through the radio.

FYI, if you have Garmin and the time is off by a few minutes even after time sync. You'll need to remove your battery ground cable for 15 mins, place back and then drive car outside..time will sync and correct.