Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Sorta poll: by your age do you like or dislike the new Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 08:53 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Sorta poll: by your age do you like or dislike the new Vantage

I'm curious. It seems very young people I talk to like the new Vantage, not so much with older people. I'll start the poll:

I'm 66 years old - absolutely do NOT like the direction Aston Martin is going with the new Vantage. Keeping my V12S, unless the next generation (after this one) goes back to the traditional 'gentleman's sports car elegance'.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:16 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Does 6speed not have a poll option?

I'm 40 years old - Absolutely dislike the new gen cars, including db11. The Merc tech (with even lower output than Mercedes) dilutes the brand, design is missing the fisker touch (in case of the Vantage rather the Fisker WONDER).
The previous cars stunned everyone with first sight, the new gen forces everyone to say: maybe better in person. I'll keep my Vantage and as I call the most beautiful car ever build.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:05 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I like the new Vantage. I know I'm one of the few here LOL. I think the DB11 while a big car, is very good looking and beautiful. If you like elegance well good news you can buy a cheaper used aston. Not sure why so many here feel the need to hate on the new ones, they are pretty kick *** cars and will get better with more revisions like they always do. Yes times are changing, cars are getting bigger and faster with more electronic doodads, not a huge deal really to me

Old 11-01-2018, 10:39 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Since 2005 I wanted to buy an Aston Martin Vantage and I was able to afford one in 2015. I am 54 yrs old and I find the new Vantage a little too boy toy for me and don't consider it true Aston Martin anymore (Engine, trans, interior...) and if I wanted to buy an AMG I would just go to Mercedes dealership.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:40 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
It seems to be a challenge to get machine guns under the hood but the grill is large enough for tomahawk missiles...

mid 50's here... like the 2009 version I have now but 10 years from now will likely shop for a nice used version of the new body style

Old 11-01-2018, 10:54 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute

I’m 70 and don’t like the new Vantage. I do like the new DB11 enough that I bought one. I think that the past generation of the Vantage is one of the best looking cars of all time. I will be keeping my 08 Vantage until I’m too old to drive.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:57 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
I'm 27, I think the new vantage is much needed for the AM market, but I dislike the car in general

I love that its an AMG sourced engine, it will open up the aftermarket availability. I dislike how the performance especially for a redesign after a decade- still falls short of it's competitors. Why get the new vantage if you're a prospective new to the brand buyer, when your competitors are putting out faster cars? The interior lacks that Aston oomph in my opinion. I always describe Astons to people who ask why i chose the car - it's too sporty to be considered a a luxury car, it's too luxurious to be considered a sportscar. The new Vantage is clearly defined as a sportscar

I love the rear end design, very aggressive and modern. I absolutely dislike the front end - I see the Vulcan influence but it looks like both ends were designed by different designers. This is not going to be a timeless & iconic car like the current outgoing Vantage is going to be - I think AM truly missed a great opportunity with it

It is going to open up the demographic to new customers and broaden Aston's market appeal, right now Aston's only appealed to a certain subset of the exotic demographic- for the bottom line this is great. For brand dilution, not so much. We will deifnitely see a lot more women driving the cars as well, which I think overall is great. Right now, my Aston gets mistaken more often than not as a Maserati (what a shame, but shows how poorly Aston has been with modern marketing in the past decade)

I think Aston is going to realize they missed the mark on this new redesign and we will see a drastic front-end overhaul in the next 2 years. The DBS Superleggera on the other hand, I believe they executed properly 100%

Last edited by lilseevs; 11-01-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:09 PM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
33 and much prefer my Centenary 23 Vantage S to the New Vantage.

I agree that AM needs new blood but it needs to start with where the DBS SL is, not where the Vantage went. The cars in general have gotten much larger than the older ones, and while that is also needed- my conclusion that focus at AM is not only on building the best product possible.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:10 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I'm curious. It seems very young people I talk to like the new Vantage, not so much with older people. I'll start the poll:

I'm 66 years old - absolutely do NOT like the direction Aston Martin is going with the new Vantage. Keeping my V12S, unless the next generation (after this one) goes back to the traditional 'gentleman's sports car elegance'.
hey man if you want every iteration of the car to look the same just buy Porsches

Old 11-01-2018, 12:33 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sonies
hey man if you want every iteration of the car to look the same just buy Porsches
as a former and still Porsche guy... they all look alike...👍👎

Old 11-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
61 and its not for me, although there is a lot of it I like

happy to wait till the right V12 comes along then following that I think a Vanquish might do nicely

Graze

Old 11-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll say that I'm probably on the younger side...

While the performance upgrades are a well needed improvement to compete in the market, I hate everything about the design, including front, rear, side profile, and 50/50 on the interior.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:58 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
61 - puke..

Old 11-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by era2076
61 - puke..

i never understood why "ASTON MARTIN" had to be tacked on to the back...

I debadge all my cars...just have the wings... that would be take first thing to go...

Old 11-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Guess they want to make sure those who have no idea what car it is can read it in big block letters , Instead of mistaking the car for Austin Healey , Austin Marten , Aston Healey etc etc etc .
Mid fifties here , new Vantage is just ugly , way to exotic looking the front and rear views are just awful .
They have completely lost the classic Aston grill shape and now have a puking whale shark look to the front end .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sorta poll: by your age do you like or dislike the new Vantage