Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Std Audio vs. Premium Audio - How can you tell from a pic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 05:35 PM
englishmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Std Audio vs. Premium Audio - How can you tell from a pic?

Hello Forum Family,

Can you tell from a photo of the interior if a car has the Premium Audio package (700W system)? I get the B&O is easily distinguishable but I'm more talking about the AM factory upgrade option.

Still searching for the "right" car and I'm questioning a couple of cars that on the ad show the 160W Audio, then speaking with the owner/dealer they claim it has the Premium Audio?

Any way I can tell from a picture? Certain head unit model number? Additional speaker(s) I can ask for a pic of?

As always, any help is appreciated and thanks in advance for the advice.

Cheers.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:41 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
The entertainment systems states that it's premium when it is turned on. They should be able to catch a picture of the radio when it starts up.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:57 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The subwoofer is a kidney puncher with the premium stereo; right behind the driver's seat (LHD) on the Vantage.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:54 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
The standard stereo also has a sub behind the driver's seat.

The stereo startup sequence will show "Premium" on startup. Otherwise, there's no visible difference without removing speaker grilles (cars with the standard stereo still have grilles where the extra speakers would be).

Old 11-24-2018, 01:58 PM
englishmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
thank you all for the responses; exactly what I needed!