Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

new buyer/owner question - Option A, B or C?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 07:38 PM
englishmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Irish07@VelocityAP
See response in bold above..
Thank you, very helpful.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:52 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Very strange that there are a few white Vantage / Mans trans options are for sale at the moment.
I was hunting 1.5 years for my baby.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:11 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deckman
There are few Vantage S cars with manual transmissions. There's likely a premium being asked for that one. You get some shiny things with the S.
When I was looking for a Vantage, I never ran into an S with a manual trans. Did not have "the book" at the time so I thought maybe there was just no such thing as a manual S

Old 11-29-2018, 09:26 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Danno62
Best and only way to answer...drive them and see which one you can stop looking at, smiling about driving.
This what I would say, It is all about color. options, condition and price. Every one knows what is most important for themselves with a purchase this big.
Ron

Old 12-20-2018, 03:26 PM
UPDATE: Deal Done, Fly 'n' Drive set for December 29th.

Purchased a 2013 V8VS in White, Manual Trans, Stratus White, Premium Audio, 15K miles.....blah, blah, blah. I pick it up in Houston, TX on the 29th and I'll drive it back to Atlanta! Already got the satin black Niche Essen 20"s on order with a +40 offset on the rear and +35 on front. I saw with this setup/stance in my searching and just loved it.

Very excited, never thought I'd ever own an Aston Martin, let alone a relatively new(ish) one.

This forum has been incredible so far and I'm looking forward to giving back to it.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:21 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by englishmatt

Purchased a 2013 V8VS in White, Manual Trans, Stratus White, Premium Audio, 15K miles.....blah, blah, blah. I pick it up in Houston, TX on the 29th and I'll drive it back to Atlanta! Already got the satin black Niche Essen 20"s on order with a +40 offset on the rear and +35 on front. I saw with this setup/stance in my searching and just loved it.

Very excited, never thought I'd ever own an Aston Martin, let alone a relatively new(ish) one.

This forum has been incredible so far and I'm looking forward to giving back to it.

Congrats! You will enjoy it. I have satin black 20's on mine (meteorite silver) and it fits the wheel well great... a little over the width and i added mud flaps on the front

Last edited by MRCW; 12-20-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:24 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Congrats to you!!

Old 12-21-2018, 08:30 AM
Mike Gray will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Big congratulations! I completely understand your excitement over this car. Great to see another stratus white V8V, 6 speed car in Georgia. Let Jason Pannell check it over for you. Enjoy the ride!!

Old 12-21-2018, 09:01 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by englishmatt

Congratulations!!! She sounds awesome!
Share some pictures!!!!

Texas seems to be a good source for white Aston purchases since I bought my Stratus white, mans trans, premium audio and 6k miles Vantage in Dallas back in 2016.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:20 PM
Vettel-ish is an unknown quantity at this point
#1 White with blue would be a cool combo. I like stuff thats a little diff.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Vettel-ish
#1 White with blue would be a cool combo. I like stuff thats a little diff.
Yeah, that car was beautiful. Only reason i didn't buy it was because the 2013 V8VS was the same price as the 2010...(2013 has Premium Audio, more HP and all the model updates you get with a 2012+ car as compared to a 2010).

That said, I plan to buy the same wheels and body blackouts to make my car look like that 2010. it was very cool, and the blue leather was very nice too.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:10 AM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Irish07@VelocityAP
See response in bold above..
I'm with Irish on this- if Centenary 23 wasn't the *only* manual made... I would have opt'd for a SSII.

It's a great tranny. Congrats on the purchase!

Old 12-27-2018, 01:22 AM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your purchase! You will enjoy the car. It’s a real beauty. I find myself spending more time in the garage lately.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:37 PM
superuser is on a distinguished road
Congratulations, hope to see you and your car around town.

Daryl