Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aftermarket clutch

Old 12-07-2018, 08:33 AM
CCossairt is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket clutch

Good morning 6speed, I have a quick question has anyone had any experience with an aftermarket clutch for a V8 Vantage possibly something less expensive than the over priced OEM unit? Or where I could possibly find one? Oh 2009 4.7 with a 6 speed manual trans. just about 20k miles. Thanks in advance

Last edited by CCossairt; 12-08-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:23 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
People that go non-OEM go twin plate with a lightweight flywheel and that costs more than just replacing the clutch with the standard single plate. You might be able to find an aftermarket standard clutch, but if you're going to do the job you might as well upgrade. People say it makes the motor rev easier and makes shifting better. There are several threads on clutches.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Here's a link to our VelocityAP Twin Plate Clutch system:

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-V8-V...plateorgv2.htm

There's a bunch of info on here, including install procedures and a complete analysis by myself and others. If you need any further info, don't hesitate to contact us.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-07-2018, 11:59 AM
CCossairt is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks man man that’s the plan eventually, but as of this moment I haven’t even pick the car up yet from the dealership and I’m already faced with putting a clutch in it as the original clutch is smoked and it’s cheaper to do it while the engine is out.

Originally Posted by Irish07@VelocityAP

There's a bunch of info on here, including install procedures and a complete analysis by myself and others. If you need any further info, don't hesitate to contact us.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CCossairt
Thanks man man that’s the plan eventually, but as of this moment I haven’t even pick the car up yet from the dealership and I’m already faced with putting a clutch in it as the original clutch is smoked and it’s cheaper to do it while the engine is out.

Well, if the garage is able to reuse the flywheel and pressure plate, and/or machine flat. We do sell an OE replacement friction disc.

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-V8-V...lutchplate.htm

This would definitely get you out of the jam, it may not get you as many miles covered by recycling the flywheel and pressure plate(thinking it might be hotspotted), but if the Twin plate is in the future plans, then no point in investing a chunk of cash in the OEM stock application.

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-07-2018, 12:23 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Not sure if this may work for you, but I pulled my clutch and replaced it with an upgraded clutch. I have a 2015, Vantage 4.7 VS*. My original clutch is fine, and is just sitting there. Simply got tired of waiting for it to go.

Let me know because we may be able to work something out.

Old 12-07-2018, 12:47 PM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Irish07@VelocityAP

I am curious as to owners who have actually installed this and can vouch for improved performance and longevity.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by lovingit

I am curious as to owners who have actually installed this and can vouch for improved performance and longevity.
The Twin plate?

Bunch of pages in this linked thread, happy reading .. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-upgrade.html

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-07-2018, 01:22 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
If it's sitting at the dealer now, I'd have them install the AMR clutch and you're done.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:23 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Yea, enjoy yourself! It's in mine and its one of the best things I've done to the car so far.
To be Frank, I should have done this years ago.
There are plenty of guys who have installed the twin plate clutch, which is actually and Aston part (comes from the V12). So you're not really putting a "strange" (meaning aftermarket part) in your car.

Enjoy the reading!!!

Old 12-07-2018, 07:25 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lovingit

I owned my vantage for 7 years with the original clutch. Even though I added every performance modification possible short of forced induction, the car still felt a touch sluggish. After I installed the VAP dual plate and LW flywheel the car has been transformed. More so than any other single mod.

Last edited by DetomasoGTS74; 12-07-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:27 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I still have this VAP dual plate billet flywheel with ~9000 miles on it they pulled out of the car to put back to stock trying to sort my stalling issue, which, it's back fairly regular again. Anyway I can't put it back in and have a newish stock clutch anyway, and when I have to replace it next time I think I'm going to try the HCF lightweight Kevlar setup.

Anyway, this one is half price if anybody wants it.

Old 12-08-2018, 02:32 AM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
I will check out the thread on VAP. I have also heard Bamford Rose makes a twin clutch. Anyone can comment on that one?

Old 12-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CCossairt
Good morning 6speed, I have a quick question has anyone had any experience with an aftermarket clutch for a V8 Vantage possibly something less expensive than the over priced OEM unit? Or where I could possibly find one? Oh 2009 4.7 with a 6 speed manual trans. Thanks in advance

How many miles on your car?

Old 12-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jagtech

Just shy of 20k
Thanks. I have an 09 Vantage 6 spd manual with16k on it. It is apparently difficult to estimate how many miles one will get with a clutch but I am of the belief that manual clutches usually last longer than 20k. I hope the new one lasts longer. FWIW, I do hear good things about the twin plate upgrade.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket clutch