Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New vs old(er)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
New vs old(er)

After seeing the new Vantage in the flesh today I have to say I love it. Here are some comparisons with mine.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:26 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Sea of black plastic under the bonnet...ugh! Clamshells really suck.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:07 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Yes there is a sea of plastic on the DB11 also. Hate cleaning those engines and then trying to apply a protectant to all that plastic. There is a CF dress up kit for all the new AMs but at a stiff price.

I think the new one is pretty darn good. I prefer the OLD Vantage front end by far. The new one may only look better once they start adding in the future hood vents, possibly up to 4-6 of them. The cutouts are already there and I believe the GT4 race car already uses them.

I hate the dark wheels with polished faces. Some like them but all but 1 certain one from AM I can't stand. Seems kinda cheap IMHO. But certain colors on the Vantage make it look really great. I think because it hides the pointy safety tabs on the rear.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:53 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Older wins, hands down better looking car .
Nice licence plate

Old 12-09-2018, 06:22 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I also prefer the older model vs the newer one but haven't seen one in person yet. The front is by far better on the older Vantage for sure

Old 12-09-2018, 06:46 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I am digging that Evora as well! I am fan of the new Vantage, but don't like the chicken feet wheel pattern on the base model. Who thought that would be good design?

Old 12-09-2018, 06:49 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I think the older design is classic and one of the most beautiful cars ever built.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:21 AM
gaussianmist is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Gene G
I think the older design is classic and one of the most beautiful cars ever built.

Better than the DB11?

Old 12-09-2018, 09:52 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gaussianmist
Better than the DB11?
Yes better than the DB11. The DB11 is nice but I think that the design of the older Vantage is beautiful.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
It’s funny, a few people at the car event preferred the older vantage. That said, I really was impressed with the new Vantage in the flesh.

Old 12-09-2018, 12:16 PM
Yorick is on a distinguished road
That hideous front end on the new Vantage makes it the least attractive car Aston Martin Lagonda has ever produced.

Old 12-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Prefer the older vantage 110% - Except the wheels.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Mike Gray will become famous soon enough
I want to love the new Vantage. I really do. However, it looks like it was designed by the same folks who produce the Transformers movies. With an assist from whoever draws the latest offerings from Lexus. Also, if I wanted an AMG motor in my car, I'd buy a Mercedes-Benz GT.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:49 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
The new one's nose and tail look too ricer to me. I love the elegant lines of the older style, but gotta love some of the newer tech.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:28 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Yorick
That hideous front end on the new Vantage makes it the least attractive car Aston Martin Lagonda has ever produced.
I'm no fan of the new Vantage but I don't agree with you there

Last edited by blue2000s; 12-09-2018 at 06:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New vs old(er)