6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Wheel Alignment (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/427748-wheel-alignment.html)

lovingit 01-07-2019 08:55 PM

Wheel Alignment

Do you guys get alignment at AM dealer? Or any alignment shop? My dealer says they do four wheel alignment for $300. Wasn’t sure if AM require anything special that only dealers can do.

J doubleU 01-07-2019 09:50 PM

If your tire wear is good, and it drives straight I'll save you $300. If you want a detailed alignment GMG motorsports is who I'd recommend.

brightoncorgi 01-08-2019 06:01 AM

I had my local AM dealer do an alignment on the Evora and they could've done a better job. Some numbers were just on the edge of the range. For $350, I was expecting them to be all dead center of the range. I think they allow so much time to get it done and that's that.

09DBS 01-08-2019 07:30 AM

Got my DBS done with a partner shop I work with for $225.00. They utilized 4 wheel alignment Hunter kit and even gave me the printouts which validated some really bad tire wear issues I was encountering. The printout spec sheet is not only essential to know where I stood yet allow for some adjustability to my liking. I highly recommend this is definitely needed and do not skip on core maintenance items - after all, you are driving an Aston :).

MRCW 01-08-2019 08:52 AM

I had mine done at my local dealer. $200. They check alignment every time it's in ands then let me know if it needs it

brightoncorgi 01-08-2019 09:04 AM

I plan to do an alignment when I put the summer wheels back on in April. It drives straight to me, but I don't know if an alignment has ever been done on my car.

J doubleU 01-08-2019 09:52 AM

If you have your car aligned it's important to have the angle sensor for the steering calibrated, so a dealer trip may be in order if done somewhere else.

E5PR1T 01-08-2019 12:03 PM

The reason dealers quoted so high is because some adjustment bolts are very hard to get to & dealers usually may removed some components to get to it. I was quoted as high as $580 at a dealer.

I got my alignment done at a local shop for slightly more than alignment on regular cars. The bolts were hard to get to but not impossible. FYI the newer alignment machines have my V8 Vantage in the system along with all the OE specs & location of the adjusent bolts. (however I asked for a lot more camber in the front).

J doubleU 01-08-2019 12:29 PM

May I ask which place you used for alignment setup?

E5PR1T 01-08-2019 03:37 PM

Pit Garage in El Monte, CA. This is a race shop & they service all of my race cars.

J doubleU 01-08-2019 05:28 PM

Nice, when you said local I was thinking Eastvale.

E5PR1T 01-08-2019 07:54 PM

Are you from Inland Empire area?

J doubleU 01-08-2019 08:20 PM

Eastvale also.

blue2000s 01-08-2019 08:31 PM

I have a shop local to me that is just a block from the Aston dealer. They do my Lotus as well. There's always at least a couple of Porsches in the queue in addition to various exotics. You know you're at the right place when they ask you how much you weigh and what kind of driving you do. They're only a couple hundred dollars.

TR-Spider 01-09-2019 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by E5PR1T (Post 4759077)
The reason dealers quoted so high is because some adjustment bolts are very hard to get to & dealers usually may removed some components to get to it. I was quoted as high as $580 at a dealer.

I got my alignment done at a local shop for slightly more than alignment on regular cars. The bolts were hard to get to but not impossible. FYI the newer alignment machines have my V8 Vantage in the system along with all the OE specs & location of the adjusent bolts. (however I asked for a lot more camber in the front).

I always go to a small local shop.
The first time they removed the front center lower panel, but learned from that - since then the alignment is done without panel removement.
It's not rocket science - however the mecanic must be a real good one. I always bring the torque specs along, that helps.
And if I require some non-standard adjustments, I think about in advance what alignment I want.
Then I talk to the mechanic and discuss it briefly. Usually I stay during the alignment...

Thomas