6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Any AMOC Members in New England? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/428066-any-amoc-members-new-england.html)

brightoncorgi 01-17-2019 12:08 PM

Any AMOC Members in New England?

Debating whether to join or not and curious to hear what they have going on throughout the year in New England.

XJRS Owner 01-17-2019 05:17 PM

Contact area rep Malcolm Burwell at: ne-representative@amocna.org

brightoncorgi 01-19-2019 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Redpants (Post 4761410)
That's a pretty active area. I see that group every summer at Lime Rock and it's a fantastic time.

Lime Rock is kind of far for me and that did look like a great event from the pictures you posted a while back. No response from the area contact.

A friend is a member of the Ferrari Club of America and they have all sorts of great events in my area.

XJRS Owner 01-19-2019 09:15 PM

Lots of events in the greater Boston area; several in the last few months. Malcolm should have contacted you by now unless your email went to spam.

mto 01-20-2019 08:17 AM

Should join both FCA-NE and AMOC both have terrific events. Many are no charge to members.

Try Malcolm again. And www.fca-newengland.org and look at their past events. No Ferrari is required to be a member.

brightoncorgi 01-20-2019 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by mto (Post 4761587)
Should join both FCA-NE and AMOC both have terrific events. Many are no charge to members.

Try Malcolm again. And www.fca-newengland.org and look at their past events. No Ferrari is required to be a member.

Would feel odd joining a car club I don't or haven't owned car from. My hesitation of just joining AMOC is from previous experiences in joining both Alfa and Jaguar clubs. In both instances they were super cliquey and wouldn't even acknowledge my presence. Especially the Jaguar club; the members of JANE couldn't do more to be unfriendly. The local Lotus group are a fun bunch. I sent an email out again. I tried an inquiry on the AMOC East site, but when you click "submit" nothing happens (in 2 different browsers).

I saw some events on the AMOC calendar it looks like a monthly dinner at pub not far from my house and dealership. That and an event at Lime Rock were basically all I saw. I hope there is more than just that?

XJRS Owner 01-21-2019 07:28 AM

Way more. The AMOCNA event calendar is pretty lame, so don't go by that.

brightoncorgi 01-21-2019 09:04 AM

Going by the pub night this Wednesday. Thanks for the responses!

mto 01-21-2019 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by brightoncorgi (Post 4761719)
Going by the pub night this Wednesday. Thanks for the responses!

it’s really a great group of guys with AMOC East. I’m sure they won’t push you to join. Smart to kick the tires or pub first.

Enjoy.