Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AGM or non AGM battery

Old 01-23-2019, 02:12 PM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
AGM or non AGM battery

Dealer is selling an Interstate non AGM battery for v8v for $275. I found an Autocraft AGM battery for $190. Dealer says for our cars, AGM does not really matter. I've always thought AGM batteries last longer. Thoughts?

Old 01-23-2019, 03:55 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
If it doesn’t matter then why pay the stealer an extra $80 ?

Old 01-23-2019, 04:50 PM
englishmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
AGM holds the charge better when not used often. So, if you don't use your car often and do not have a trickle charger...AGM will last longer before needing a charge. I have AGM in all my bikes that do not get ridden but once or twice a qtr.

Also, AGM doesn't need to vent.

I just replaced the battery in my car with a Duracell Extreme AGM.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:11 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by englishmatt
AGM holds the charge better when not used often. So, if you don't use your car often and do not have a trickle charger...AGM will last longer before needing a charge. I have AGM in all my bikes that do not get ridden but once or twice a qtr.

what's the part # you use for duracell? how much you paid ?

Old 01-23-2019, 05:38 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 007JB

I got the same one a week ago-----AGM Duracell was $212 including tax

AGM battery is what our cars are made for, has the small vent tube on the left side.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:08 PM
Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM BCI Group 94R Car and Truck Battery

SLI94RAGM

Got it from batteries plus for $199. It’s a perfect fit. AGM batteries do not have a vent tube.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:26 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about

SLI94RAGM

Got it from batteries plus for $199. It’s a perfect fit. AGM batteries do not have a vent tube.
thanks. I called my vendor, they're gonna do special price for me $145, because it's my car. how many month warranty they gave you on that?

Old 01-23-2019, 07:35 PM
thanks. I called my vendor, they're gonna do special price for me $145, because it's my car. how many month warranty they gave you on that?
I believe it’s 48m, but I could be wrong. It will last forever though, my car lives on a CTEK charger.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:11 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all

SLI94RAGM

I have the same battery. There is a plug on the right side, and a vent tube plugs into the left side and then drops out the bottom of the vehicle. MAYBE this is not a vent tube and just some tube for something. But I have the same battery as you.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:17 PM
I believe they are all USA made. I'm gonna order one for my 2013 Vantage. It's time. thanks for info.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:49 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Group buy?

Old 01-24-2019, 10:48 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Check the date code!

I inadvertently bought a Duracell (as above) but it had been sitting too long on the shelf and 'should' have been returned to the mfg had anyone noticed...

I wound up with a dead/faulty battery 2 months later and had to do another (never enjoyable) battery swapout. They acknowledged it was the reseller's fault. But a lot of time wasted on my end.

2nd one has been fine.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:15 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
The Bosch AGM I put in most definitely has a vent tube.

I mentioned this in one of your other threads, but 2013+ (maybe 2012.5+?) cars use a different size than prior cars so make sure you are getting the correct size.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:25 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough

Many AGM batteries have vent ports. All AGM batteries CAN vent hydrogen if charged at a excessive voltage levels, even the unvented ones.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I have the same battery. There is a plug on the right side, and a vent tube plugs into the left side and then drops out the bottom of the vehicle. MAYBE this is not a vent tube and just some tube for something. But I have the same battery as you.
OK...not sure we have the same battery. I literally just went back out to car, took all the packing and carpet out to double check i'm not losing my mind and there is not a vent tube.

MY Duracell battery, absolutely does NOT have a vent tube anywhere at all. While i'm not debating if AGM batteries have vents or not....11 bikes in my garage, my RAM 3500 truck (which has 2 batteries) and now my Aston all have AGM batteries and NONE of them have vent tubes.

Not sure what all that means, but at least that's a data point.

Cheers,

Matt.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AGM or non AGM battery