6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Heavily modified V8 Vantage at full throttle. (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/428668-heavily-modified-v8-vantage-full-throttle.html)

DetomasoGTS74 02-08-2019 12:48 PM

Heavily modified V8 Vantage at full throttle.

Apologies in advance for the poor quality of the rear video. This car has many upgrades with the majority from Velocity AP over the years. The sound is absolutely epic at full throttle, and the speed is quite impressive for a little GT car now too!

Mods:
Velocity AP sport cats
Velocity AP headers
Velocity AP Lightweight flywheel
V12 Vantage dual plate clutch through Velocity AP
Custon tune from Velocity AP
Nitron Coilovers from Velocity AP
HRE P101’s
Aston Martin power pack (mostly irrelevant now with tuning)
Aston Martin handling pack (mostly irrelevant now with Nitron coilovers)
Quicksilver SuperSport Exhaust
Redpants air box deletes
K&N filters
N420 carbon fiber diffuser
RSC carbon fiber front splitter
Redpants lighting kit
11.5LB lithium ion battery

Coming:
Lightweing sport seats

Last to do:
Big brake two piece kit
GMR Supercharger?

With seats, the car will be over 200lbs lighter than factory and puts done more power at the rear wheels than it did at the fly stock. She breaks traction and second going going straight, and is incredible fun in the corners. She is like my fourth daughter...I look at the mods like the 529 funds for the other kids...

Noahcpa 02-08-2019 01:53 PM

I have about the same build. It’s much more fun to drive now.

era2076 02-08-2019 03:02 PM

If it were at all possible could you have Bamford build a NA engine as opposed to a blower. We run a factory blower on our Mustang. If I ever get the chance I am going to replace it with a coyote. For track work the blower adds weight up high and you have to get cooling under control. It just seems like complication. That said acceleration is outstanding :)

What is price difference between the two?

chr

FR500GT 02-08-2019 03:41 PM

Damn that is quite the mod list! What seats are you going to run? Any pictures of your car?

DetomasoGTS74 02-08-2019 04:20 PM

Stuart@VelocityAP 02-08-2019 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by era2076 (Post 4765264)
If it were at all possible could you have Bamford build a NA engine as opposed to a blower. We run a factory blower on our Mustang. If I ever get the chance I am going to replace it with a coyote. For track work the blower adds weight up high and you have to get cooling under control. It just seems like complication. That said acceleration is outstanding :)

What is price difference between the two?

chr

We have Irish007 (Chris) on staff here and would be happy to take on performance builds. Have a great head guy locally with a flowbench. The GT4 cars are running 12.3:1 compression for World Challenge, and we have all the cam profiles from someone who worked as a consultant at the company that did the original engine development work.

Who wants one!!! :)

blue2000s 02-08-2019 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP (Post 4765289)
We have Irish007 (Chris) on staff here and would be happy to take on performance builds. Have a great head guy locally with a flowbench. The GT4 cars are running 12.3:1 compression for World Challenge, and we have all the cam profiles from someone who worked as a consultant at the company that did the original engine development work.

Now that would be a heavily modified Vantage!

DetomasoGTS74 02-09-2019 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP (Post 4765289)

Stuart- Any estimates around gains for a performance build given my existing mods?

handyman2009 02-09-2019 03:22 PM

DetomasoGTS74, what tire size are you running on this beast...

blue2000s 02-09-2019 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Redpants (Post 4765428)
You already know I'm a fan :)
Technically the Power Pack is completely irrelevant now since you've removed the air boxes and gotten the car tuned, but the black intake manifold does look much better than the standard grey one hilarious

Wasn't there some work that was done to the intake plenum in the power pack? I thought I read that they did something to it in addition to painting it black.

J doubleU 02-09-2019 05:09 PM

Black paint job and a hole drilled for the vacuum port to open the flaps on those expensive airbox's.

blue2000s 02-09-2019 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by J doubleU (Post 4765435)
Black paint job and a hole drilled for the vacuum port to open the flaps on those expensive airbox's.

Even if that's it, it's still sexy!
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...2619978331.jpg

J doubleU 02-09-2019 06:14 PM

Yes it is. They change the colors on the intakes to designate HP changes. More noticeable on the V12 over the years.

Montana107 02-09-2019 07:03 PM

Beautiful Car and Excellent Build! Well Done DetomasoGTS74

spinecho 02-09-2019 09:16 PM

Sounds suitably nasty. Any run past clips from outside?