Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Opinions please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 03:08 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Opinions please

I'm going to space out my vantage std 19 inch wheels 11mm front and 23mm rear, will be getting this done next week, I want to repaint the standard silver wheels in black my car is meteorite silver (dolphin grey)
i was thinking high gloss black but am unsure if I should do it satin black.
I want to bad boy my vantage a bit as I think it's a bit naf, having enjoyed it for years in it's standard form and covered some 30000km

can you guys who are on top top of your styling please give me your comments?feel free to rubbish my idea if you feel so, I won't take it to heart I'm trying to do this once because of costs.
whatever I do will be reversible and the spacers we are making will simply slip off as well.

all comments welcome

Old 02-10-2019, 05:30 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by captain Greg
I'm going to space out my vantage std 19 inch wheels 11mm front and 23mm rear, will be getting this done next week, I want to repaint the standard silver wheels in black my car is meteorite silver (dolphin grey)
i was thinking high gloss black but am unsure if I should do it satin black.
I want to bad boy my vantage a bit as I think it's a bit naf, having enjoyed it for years in it's standard form and covered some 30000km

can you guys who are on top top of your styling please give me your comments?feel free to rubbish my idea if you feel so, I won't take it to heart I'm trying to do this once because of costs.
whatever I do will be reversible and the spacers we are making will simply slip off as well.

all comments welcome
I would buy BC Forged set of wheels just like Redpants has on his. Black Gloss. Overall not cost alot more, and once done the car will look WAY more aggressive.

2. I would likely do S TEK Satin, or Matte Paint Protection Film on your roof (the square part) and buy or have vinyled your chrome trim window surrounds.

3. Lower it on VAP springs

4. Then smoke out your lights to get the darker look, not blacken them though.

I am sure there are several ideas people will throw at you, but the above with a louder exhaust and tune also would transform your car, to where its so different you will think its a new car.

Just my opinion

Old 02-10-2019, 05:36 AM
99_Carrera is on a distinguished road
Perfect candidate for black chrome. I suggest you do some image searches, etc.

Personally, I’d keep the stock wheels and buy a set on eBay to modify, and have them shipped to a reputable facility for the process, I was able to negotiate with a seller on eBay for $500 for his perfect set that matched my current set. The ability to turn it back to stock was worth it in my personal scenario. Something to consider, anyway.

Nevertheless, I would strongly consider a black chrome route with your current exterior color. Imho, it would look stunning.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:59 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I have the same color car as yours, mine is a 2009... I too wanted to change a few things as I don't find the chrome/polished bits look as nice on a Meteorite Silver as they do on Black so I decided last year to get all that stuff blacked out, the side strakes/grills, front grill, exhaust tips, hood grills all got powder coated satin black. the window surround got wrapped gloss black, and now I am having my HRE P101 painted satin black as I wasn't 100% sure and didn't want to do powder coating right away on them. Over the past 3 yrs of owning this beast I also added a front carbon lip, rear carbon diffuser, carbon fiber mirror caps and V12 side sills for the looks and VelocityAP 200 Cells Cats and a their awesome tuning. My car is in storage until sometime in April 2019 but as soon as it is out and the wheels are mounted I will share pictures.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:55 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some shots of mine blacked out...i like the red tail lights.... blacked out roof, CF mirror covers, 20" wide satin black rims... dark tint windows also. .meteorite silver...

kept the stainless exhaust tips... like the glimmer of stainless. Good luck

Old 02-10-2019, 07:04 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
This car looks great!
its not an option to purchase wheels at this stage the USD price is not the issue it's the cost to get them here then add 15% adverlorim duties then add another 10% for some custom duty then add 15% vat onto the entire load puts a set in at nearly 100000.00 yes 100K for a car that is only worth say 800K is not wise considering its age.

in SA we get ripped off with duties remember we have a recorded 68 million people with less than 4 million Tax payers so the Government needs every angle to get cash, we can't get around it.

add that white people ( I'm not saying I'm white,are not allowed to work) it's discouraged to employ white males so we have a hard time here guys

so I will do what I can with limited resources, I will do the black accents as described and shown I really like it.

thanks guys any more pics will be appreciated

Old 02-10-2019, 08:53 PM
hawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura abouthawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura abouthawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura about

Similar upgrades as the other cars featured with the addition of red accents.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:40 AM
Denny 6.53 is an unknown quantity at this point
The car really looks nice. I didn't know that 200 cell cats were available for the 4.7L.

Dennis

Old 02-11-2019, 08:45 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Just picked up my HRE P101 in Satin Black.... :-)

Old 02-11-2019, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Just picked up my HRE P101 in Satin Black.... :-)

Party time

Old 02-11-2019, 02:34 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
@captain Greg Not many people are aware of fashion PPF film that are now available. You could do your roof in clear PPF carbon fiber which would make it look like it is original CF done in your body color. Same for the mirrors. I will be posting a thread sometime this month explaining it and showing results. We will see but there are options. PPF is now available in Matte black, gloss black, CF clear, and black and regular clear. All protect like a PPF should. Not like the vinyl thin films.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:41 AM
Denny 6.53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this something that I could put over a couple of errors on my front splitter (V8V S)?

Old 02-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Have a look here

PPF Carbon Fiber

Old 02-12-2019, 11:18 AM
Junior94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MRCW
Here are some shots of mine blacked out...i like the red tail lights.... blacked out roof, CF mirror covers, 20" wide satin black rims... dark tint windows also. .meteorite silver...

kept the stainless exhaust tips... like the glimmer of stainless. Good luck

looks great ! What are your rims specs ? Along with the offsets?

Old 02-12-2019, 12:47 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
What are you guys using to black out the chrome window trim?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions please