Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

VelocityAP 2019 Vantage Exhaust, Downpipes & ECU Tuning Development

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 02:10 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ncamv8
Hi stewart, any update on this? Very interested in the exhaust and tips. I have a vantage with the dual, not the quad tips. So this would be a huge improvement. Will you also offer the back panels as the dual only has a hole for one exhaust tip.

Thanks
I'd like to know as well because a friend of mine asked to buy my stock quad tips once I upgrade to the VAP tips. I wasn't sure if his stock dual tip exhaust needs to be upgraded or if he just needs the quad tips (and bumper mesh).

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2019, 06:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ncamv8
Hi stewart, any update on this? Very interested in the exhaust and tips. I have a vantage with the dual, not the quad tips. So this would be a huge improvement. Will you also offer the back panels as the dual only has a hole for one exhaust tip.

Thanks
Hi Guys,

Yes, we will be offering single to dual tip conversion kits using our tips & exhaust paired with the OEM valances, for those who want to upgrade.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-06-2019, 06:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Subscribed. Owner of a new 19 vantage and looking to up the boost of the engine. There is a lot more in that engine.
Yes there certainly is. I'll have all the initial dyno data for you pretty soon, Chis is just collating. I believe our initial setup is something like 580BHP and 700ft/lbs. We were mainly focused on torque and road manners (ie driveability & integration) for this setup.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-06-2019, 06:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by programmatore
I'd like to know as well because a friend of mine asked to buy my stock quad tips once I upgrade to the VAP tips. I wasn't sure if his stock dual tip exhaust needs to be upgraded or if he just needs the quad tips (and bumper mesh).

Thanks!
The stock quad tips wouldn't fit onto the exhaust he has now, but if you were to purchase our exhaust along with our upgraded tips, then your whole OEM back box/tips setup would transfer over to his car, if we supplied the dual tip valances.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-06-2019, 10:07 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
The stock quad tips wouldn't fit onto the exhaust he has now, but if you were to purchase our exhaust along with our upgraded tips, then your whole OEM back box/tips setup would transfer over to his car, if we supplied the dual tip valances.
Thanks, Stuart. I don't plan on changing out the stock sports exhaust because I like being able to open and close the valves/adjust loudness so I'll just get the bigger tips. I may also get your secondary downpipes (should make the exhaust note a little louder?) and ECU tune.

I'll tell my friend he can get the dual- to quad-tips conversion or get the VelocityAP exhaust and larger quad-tips if he rally wants to do it right.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:07 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Yes there certainly is. I'll have all the initial dyno data for you pretty soon, Chis is just collating. I believe our initial setup is something like 580BHP and 700ft/lbs. We were mainly focused on torque and road manners (ie driveability & integration) for this setup.
im drooling...... can’t wait. Thanks for reply.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Hello All,

Very pleased to announce that we have 2 of the products for the new platform ready for launch (secondary deletes and ECU Tuning) and are working on some minor alterations to Beta versions of the rest (exhaust, tips, primary deletes/downpipes.) Test fitting & software verification all went well and we'll have some cool video for you soon. The changes to the Beta products are pretty minor, just confirming some slight changes to flange angles etc, to get the fitment perfect before we go into production. Those products + lowering springs should be out of Beta and in production in 4 weeks.

Available for immediate order:

ECU Tuning:
This is a lovely platform to work with. Shares a lot in common with the AMG GTS (but different turbos to the E63S) so we are able to tip that boost in much earlier and create a 700ft/lbs wall of torque. Our initial focus was on creating a solid, safe tune that will stand up to all sorts of abuse and maintain OEM driveability. 580BHP & 700 ft/lbs. We can either bench flash or OBDII tune ECUs at our location in Canada, or Bench and OBDII at select VelocityAP dealers who have the correct equipment (like LG Motorsports in Dallas.)

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart...mv82019ecu.htm

Secondary Cat Deletes:
These will be a super popular first port of call. Zero CEL's, no tune required, bolt straight in and turn up the volume. $795, we are in production already:

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart...82019decat.htm

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-14-2019, 05:44 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Nice!! Please advise closest "select" dealer to me for the tune. I live in NJ.

Thanks.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:06 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Nice!! Please advise closest "select" dealer to me for the tune. I live in NJ.

Thanks.
The closest one to NJ would be Rombotis Tuning in Montreal, Quebec.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-14-2019, 02:54 PM
The closest one to NJ would be Rombotis Tuning in Montreal, Quebec.
So I can't just flash the ECU like I did with my 2008 V8 Roadster and the VelocityAP programmer? Are there any dealers in the Washington DC Metro area / Mid-Atlantic region in the USA?

A roadtrip to Montreal won't be too bad (I've done it before). It is actually quite lovely in the fall and seeing the fall colors in upstate New York/Canada border.

Last edited by programmatore; 03-14-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
So I can't just flash the ECU like I did with my 2008 V8 Roadster and the VelocityAP programmer? Are there any dealers in the Washington DC Metro area / Mid-Atlantic region in the USA?

A roadtrip to Montreal won't be too bad (I've done it before). It is actually quite lovely in the fall and seeing the fall colors in upstate New York/Canada border.
No, the Visteon ECU Aston V8's are a completely different ECU, completely different protocol. There is not currently any hand-held end user tool available which will support them.

We have a couple dealers in DC & Virginia however none of them own the tuning equipment Slave/Shop tools, so your best bet would be to send the ECU to us for bench flashing. We can facilitate the shipping for you.

We can also sell the slave tools to customers who wish to purchase their own, these cost us $3500.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-15-2019, 04:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
I'm just speaking to a company we have done some business with in the past and they are interested in being set up with this equipment. If we can arrange this in Brooklyn would that work for you guys?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-15-2019, 07:23 PM
Yes Brooklyn works. Not too far. Thanks.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:29 PM
Stuart, I'd be more inclined to FedEx you my ECU than drive in to Brooklyn. That borough has so many potholes it will be like driving on the moon!

I have a question: with the older VelocityAP tune I got for my 2008 Vantage Roadster, it was recommended that I reload the stock ECU tune before I took the car in for service (which was easy using the handheld programmer). For the New Vantage, would I have to send you the ECU for bench flashing before and after I send the car in for service?

Thanks!

-Gary

Last edited by programmatore; 03-16-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:17 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Stuart, I'd be more inclined to FedEx you my ECU than drive in to Brooklyn. That borough has so many potholes it will be like driving on the moon!

I have a question: with the older VelocityAP tune I got for my 2008 Vantage Roadster, it was recommended that I reload the stock ECU tune before I took the car in for service (which was easy using the handheld programmer). For the New Vantage, would I have to send you the ECU for bench flashing before and after I send the car in for service?

Thanks!

-Gary
Sorry-

I don't agree with you. I drive into New York/Brooklyn quite often with my Vantage, and I don't find driving there any worse than driving in New Jersey (where I, in fact, live). If you want, after the store in Brooklyn is revealed, I can give you a route via which you can have a minimally bump free ingress/egress to the vendor.

TAC

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VelocityAP 2019 Vantage Exhaust, Downpipes & ECU Tuning Development