Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Niche Essen

Old 02-12-2019, 02:19 AM
Junior94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Will they fit ?? Niche Essen (Need opinions)

Hi am I looking at purchasing Niche Essen for my 2007 Vantage. Will 20x 9 with a +35 or +40 offset front and 20x10 with a +35 or +40 work? I don’t understand the whole offset concept. Those are the two given options for me to pick when I plug in my year. Also any tire recommendations for those sizes? Thanks !

Last edited by Junior94; 02-12-2019 at 12:04 PM. Reason: More detail
Old 02-12-2019, 06:56 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
40 is good for the front, but not enough at the rear, IMO. You'd be better off with 50 mm in the rear, this would move the face about 20 mm outwards as compared to stock.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:27 AM
It only gives me the two options would you suggest still order a +40 and maybe put some spacers on the rear to flush it with the fenders?

Old 02-12-2019, 07:45 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
I run 20x9 +35 in the front and 20x11 +45 in the rear and is maximum flush without any scraping.

20x9 +35 and 20x11 +45 HRE wheels

Given my dimensions, your posted setup will fit with 295 tires in the rear.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Zettinger
I run 20x9 +35 in the front and 20x11 +45 in the rear and is maximum flush without any scraping.

20x9 +35 and 20x11 +45 HRE wheels

Given my dimensions, your posted setup will fit with 295 tires in the rear.

Appreciate you looking into this for me. So if I do decide to order you suggest to do a 20x9 with a +35 upfront instead of doing a +40? That’s a very nice set up you got there. Now for the rears it only gives me a 40 offset unlike the 45 you have. Basing it off the picture you sent me the +40 offset will work once it’s a 295? The car will also be slightly lowered.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:03 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Junior94

Appreciate you looking into this for me. So if I do decide to order you suggest to do a 20x9 with a +35 upfront instead of doing a +40? That’s a very nice set up you got there. Now for the rears it only gives me a 40 offset unlike the 45 you have. Basing it off the picture you sent me the +40 offset will work once it’s a 295? The car will also be slightly lowered.

you can play around here.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Just keep in mind that my setup is maximum fit without impact on dynamics. I still can corner hard without scraping.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:06 AM
you can play around here.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Just keep in mind that my setup is maximum fit without impact on dynamics. I still can corner hard without scraping.

I was trying that, but still wasn’t making sense to me.. do you think it’s possible if I went with a +40 offset on both front and rear ? Also if I do decide to get them what front tire size would you recommend?

Old 02-12-2019, 08:46 AM

I was trying that, but still wasn’t making sense to me.. do you think it’s possible if I went with a +40 offset on both front and rear ? Also if I do decide to get them what front tire size would you recommend?
I can't make the decision for you.

It depends how agressive your want your wheel setup.
My tires are Michelin PS4S XL 245/35 and 295/30R20.
I would absolutely recommend going with Michelin PS4s since they improved the driving experience a lot, even the comfort became better with going from 19 to 20".

keep in mind, the lower the offset number, the further the wheel will be on the outside.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:50 AM
I can't make the decision for you.

It depends how agressive your want your wheel setup.
My tires are Michelin PS4S XL 245/35 and 295/30R20.
I would absolutely recommend going with Michelin PS4s since they improved the driving experience a lot, even the comfort became better with going from 19 to 20".

keep in mind, the lower the offset number, the further the wheel will be on the outside.

Thats a beautiful setup that you got there... I am think by looking at yours I am inclined to go with The 20x 9 with a +35, since that’s what you went with on yours. Then for my rear since it’s the only thing available to go with the 20x10 with +40. I want it to have an aggressive live so I am hoping those numbers will work.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:46 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
It only gives me the two options would you suggest still order a +40 and maybe put some spacers on the rear to flush it with the fenders?

Why dont you contact BC Forged and talk with them about what fitment you may want and see if any of thier wheels would work for you. Having an expert who sizes wheels to a vehicle is paramount if you dont know or understand what is going on. Just clicking boxes on a website and having wheels shipped is not the best route to go unless you know what your are doing.

I also am not totally up on what wheels are the best, but to me Niche and others like it are like DUBs. Kinda ghetto. Just my opinion. Forgestar, BC Forged, HRE are some of the best.

There are also PLENTY of threads on here discussing wheel sizes, offsets etc........ Not hard to find and learn

Old 02-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Why dont you contact BC Forged and talk with them about what fitment you may want and see if any of thier wheels would work for you. Having an expert who sizes wheels to a vehicle is paramount if you dont know or understand what is going on. Just clicking boxes on a website and having wheels shipped is not the best route to go unless you know what your are doing.

I also am not totally up on what wheels are the best, but to me Niche and others like it are like DUBs. Kinda ghetto. Just my opinion. Forgestar, BC Forged, HRE are some of the best.

There are also PLENTY of threads on here discussing wheel sizes, offsets etc........ Not hard to find and learn
Fair enough, I guess there is no massive hurry. I will take my time and find the right wheels.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:48 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough, I guess there is no massive hurry. I will take my time and find the right wheels.
I wouldn't worry about wheel snobs... get what you want/afford... After all the older vantages are a bargain and not so 'expensive' you have to spend $800 to $2,500 per wheel to get a nice ride. Better to spend your dollars on really good tires... that is what connects you to the road

I do agree to get someone to help you out. They are experts. Good luck

Old 02-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by MRCW
I wouldn't worry about wheel snobs... get what you want/afford... After all the older vantages are a bargain and not so 'expensive' you have to spend $800 to $2,500 per wheel to get a nice ride. Better to spend your dollars on really good tires... that is what connects you to the road

I do agree to get someone to help you out. They are experts. Good luck
Yeah and that’s what I was thinking , I really did like the Niche and didn’t want to spend $2,000 per rim. If it was a Ferrari then okay. I appreciate your response. I am going to private message you with a few questions if you don’t mind !

Old 02-12-2019, 07:45 PM
englishmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's my 2013 with the Essen wheels. 20 x 9 +35 in front and 20x10 +40 on the rear. I really like it. The tire tread is flush with the arches, but, the wheel itself is about 5mm outside the arch.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by englishmatt
Here's my 2013 with the Essen wheels. 20 x 9 +35 in front and 20x10 +40 on the rear. I really like it. The tire tread is flush with the arches, but, the wheel itself is about 5mm outside the arch.

Beautiful !! That’s the look I am going for. What are your tire specs ?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.