Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Next Bond car reported to be electric... The end is near.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 10:43 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Next Bond car reported to be electric... The end is near.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/james-bond-is-going-electric-will-drive-battery-powered-aston-martin-in-next-film

Let me know who spots the locust or raining frogs next.

Just a matter of time before they collect the Walther and issue a taser.

At least I can count on John Wick....

Old 03-14-2019, 11:58 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Overreact much?

I got no issues with an electric car. My problem is its a Rapide. An electric version of the new DBS would be the right way to do it.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:29 PM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
Electric is on it's way and the introductions will only accelerate. I think the transition to electric will have a big impact on the values of used Aston's in the coming years.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:04 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by davidm17
Overreact much?

I got no issues with an electric car. My problem is its a Rapide. An electric version of the new DBS would be the right way to do it.

Agree, why the Rapide? I don't think I am ready for the electric car though. I am okay with it as an assist. I suppose in time, but there is such a thrill from the exhaust note.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:53 AM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough

At least I can count on John Wick....[/QUOTE]

+1
Or to sum up..... "tactical"

Old 03-15-2019, 07:54 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boxercupdave
Electric is on it's way and the introductions will only accelerate. I think the transition to electric will have a big impact on the values of used Aston's in the coming years.
hopefully they will go up...

until energy storage is solved for electric batteries, the energy stored in a gallon of gas is hard to beat...

Old 03-15-2019, 02:15 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearsonhaus
Agree, why the Rapide?
That's AML's first electric production car and the one film producers knew would be available at filming. This has been in the works for years. Maybe they needed a Rapide for the scene? He could be driving with three beautiful girls and DBS would be too small? Perhaps there's a nuclear device in the car and he needed the rear seats to fold down?

Old 03-18-2019, 12:43 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I never did like Daniel Craig is that role and this just confirms that.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:57 PM
Yorick is on a distinguished road
When there are nothing but electric cars on the roads, shudder at the thought, will 6speedonline have to change its name?

Old 03-21-2019, 11:49 AM
porkchopious is on a distinguished road
The exhaust sound is a big part of the appeal of a performance vehicle, at least for me. It'll be a cold day in hell before I buy an electric vehicle.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:50 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
The new DBS GT Zagato would be great for Bond.

Last edited by cuddapah; 03-25-2019 at 05:53 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:06 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yorick
When there are nothing but electric cars on the roads, shudder at the thought, will 6speedonline have to change its name?
1speedonline?