Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Indy shop in DFW with AMDS or WDS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 07:10 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Indy shop in DFW with AMDS or WDS?

I have an SRS light that I can't make go away Diagnostic with a Foxwell scanner points to the OCS system not being calibrated - previous answers here indicate that this needs to be put into calibration mode by AMDS, or WDS. Are there any indy shops that have these tools in the DFW area, or am I stuck going to the dealer?

Vehicle is 2007 V8 Vantage
Thanks,

matt

Old 03-19-2019, 08:04 AM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
No Indy shops I'm aware of. Mine wouldn't clear so paid $1200 to have the module replaced at the dealer in town. That was prior to finding out SRS repair module shops can reset if not a hard failure. Maybe pull the module located in the console and send to one of the repair centers. If you have to replace with a different module, dealer will have to config new module.

There's another thread with more details

Dave

Last edited by boxercupdave; 03-19-2019 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:11 AM
09DBS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by hsm precision
I have an SRS light that I can't make go away Diagnostic with a Foxwell scanner points to the OCS system not being calibrated - previous answers here indicate that this needs to be put into calibration mode by AMDS, or WDS. Are there any indy shops that have these tools in the DFW area, or am I stuck going to the dealer?

Vehicle is 2007 V8 Vantage
Thanks,

matt
Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF): Go to the dealer for this.

I just did a clutch upgrade on a 2007 AM V8 Vantage for a bud on here and ran through the AMDS dealer only (software) system as part of the hard parts install. I am so glad we did as there are often continual lifecycle data updates that not only need to be made as part of general maintenance but a must as (important) servicing. When it comes to AMDS, you get into dedicated Aston Martin Intellectual Property (IP) data and software rights which means you will have to go through the dealer network is my best assessment.

If you need specific guidance on how to work with your local AM dealer beyond this send me an message.