Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

new 19 vantage owner from 16 gts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 10:25 PM
diononiz will become famous soon enough
Beautiful cars!! Does anyone know how to permanently disengage the auto stop-start?

Thanks

Old 03-26-2019, 05:02 AM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations to you guys....nicely specced.
OT, but I lived in Brentwood for awhile and really enjoyed LA, and what a town for exotic cars! Not missing the traffic on Sunset heading towards the Getty however.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:20 AM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Your car looks "clean" without the bumperettes, but I am just afraid that the car then will basically have no bumpers, and around town here, people hit your car while parking all the time anyway, so without bumpers, it could be that much worse.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:59 PM
oldfool is on a distinguished road
Love the color combo. Have fun with your new car.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:26 PM
popspin is on a distinguished road
I’d keep those bumperettes on

Originally Posted by programmatore
I love seeing other New Vantage owners post pictures of their cars!

@Golfpunks and @terrence you should have the black bumperettes removed. I just had mine removed along with the Aston Martin script/text and the rear of the car looks much cleaner now.

Happy motoring! Enjoy!
The rear sure does look cleaner on your car! No question.
I was just rear ended recently in my new Vantage. I can tell you from experience that those bumperettes perform an important protective function protecting contact with the rear of your car. Although my car is on the edge of being totaled (the F150 was not kind to the internals) I would still opt to keep the bumperettes, although I might consider painting the body color.
Another option that helps clean up the rear is a newer one on the options list: smoked rear taillights. Try playing with the configurater and see if you don’t feel the hatch and rear end blend better with a magnetic silver color. I would also think the smoke effect could be added by a tint shop.
Anyways, nice job on the appearance of your beautiful new Vantage.
BTW, I did not have the same noise you noted st 70mph.
popspin

Last edited by popspin; 03-27-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:51 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by popspin

The rear sure does look cleaner on your car! No question.
I was just rear ended recently in my new Vantage. I can tell you from experience that those bumperettes perform an important protective function protecting contact with the rear of your car. Although my car is on the edge of being totaled (the F150 was not kind to the internals) I would still opt to keep the bumperettes, although I might consider painting the body color.
Another option that helps clean up the rear is a newer one on the options list: smoked rear taillights. Try playing with the configurater and see if you don’t feel the hatch and rear end blend better with a magnetic silver color. I would also think the smoke effect could be added by a tint shop.
Anyways, nice job on the appearance of your beautiful new Vantage.
BTW, I did not have the same noise you noted st 70mph.
popspin
How much damage was done? It's alarming that a moderate rear end collision can total a $160k+ car. I've had rear end accidents with cars worth 1/10 of that that crumpled up the trunk and bumper but didn't warrant totaling the car.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:24 AM
popspin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blue2000s
How much damage was done? It's alarming that a moderate rear end collision can total a $160k+ car. I've had rear end accidents with cars worth 1/10 of that that crumpled up the trunk and bumper but didn't warrant totaling the car.
Hi:
Yes, it’s amazing what damage can be done from a seemingly minor incident.
I will be happy to explain once my claim is finished settling. I hope that happens next week.
popspin