Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Shipping my Aston Norcal to Socal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 05:23 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Shipping my Aston Norcal to Socal

I am looking for recommendations for shipping my DB9 Volante from Northern California to Southern California.

I sold my house which is about a half hour north of Monterey and will be relocating down to the Dana Point area of Orange County. I found a furnished rental with a garage that we will be moving into while we continue to house hunt.

I will drive a vehicle, haul my Benz S550, but will need to ship the Aston.

Any local carriers or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. When I bought the car, I used Intercity Lines to bring it up from Beverly Hills and they were fine but it depends on if and when they have a truck in the area. A lot of these trucking outfits will take your car on a tour of the western states. I'd prefer someone who works the LA-SF corridor so the delivery time is shorter..

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Mark

Old 03-27-2019, 06:07 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Just something to think about... if I were in your shoes, I'd drive the Aston down there first (PCH IN AN ASTON MARTIN!) and then fly home to bring the rest of my crap.

Edit: I literally couldn't imagine having my car on a truck instead of driving the PCH. Maybe that's because I don't live near it, but still... you have one of the most scenic driving roads in North America, and literally a great reason to drive a large chunk of it.

Last edited by Mathman85; 03-28-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:13 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
I was happy with Reliable (covered) but scheduling can be an issue......with 1-way on Southwest as cheap as it is, driving down would also be my choice if possible.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:14 PM
V12Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point
I've used the UShip website for the other direction and it worked out very well. It's a reverse auction website and you can pick any bidder. You can also specify the delivery time.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Just something to think about... if I were in your shoes, I'd drive the Aston down there first (PCH IN AN ASTON MARTIN!) and then fly home to bring the rest of my crap.

Edit: I literally couldn't imaging having my car on a truck instead of driving the PCH. Maybe that's because I don't live near it, but still... you have one of the most scenic driving roads in North America, and literally a great reason to drive a large chunk of it.
Maybe if we can squeeze it in we’ll drive. The problem is finding the time. Fast house sale, Short Escrow period, cleaning out 14 years of accumulations, trip to Chicago to check on aging parents. The other problem is that I have driven PCH so many times to see my daughter and grandkids, Hearst Castle, Cambria, Pismo Beach, and my doctor is at UCSF so I drive it North a couple times a year, we run down to Monterey to shop, go to dinner, and I walk my dog a couple of times a day along the cliff overlooking Monterey Bay.

To to make matters worse, my wife no longer drives, she lost 75% of her vision, and gets easily car sick so we would skip the stretch between Monterey and San Luis Obispo and take 101.

The worst part part of the trip would be Thousand Oaks to Dana Point. The 405 can really be a problem depending on what time of day you hit it.

Overall its a 400 mile trip. It's more fun if your in town visiting from the lands of ice and snow.

Bottomline is we are considering it.

Thanks.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:58 AM
Premium Sponsor
intercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mjanis
I am looking for recommendations for shipping my DB9 Volante from Northern California to Southern California.

I sold my house which is about a half hour north of Monterey and will be relocating down to the Dana Point area of Orange County. I found a furnished rental with a garage that we will be moving into while we continue to house hunt.

Any local carriers or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. When I bought the car, I used Intercity Lines to bring it up from Beverly Hills and they were fine but it depends on if and when they have a truck in the area. A lot of these trucking outfits will take your car on a tour of the western states. I'd prefer someone who works the LA-SF corridor so the delivery time is shorter..

Mark
Mark,

Please let us know when you are looking to move your Aston? We have a truck heading that direction early next week? Please let us know when you have a moment.

Thanks,
Jim

1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com
Old 03-28-2019, 11:12 AM
astonChap will become famous soon enough
Interesting. I'm making plans on moving from NY to FL this fall, had been going through a bunch of research on transportation services, covered vs non covered and price estimates ranged from $800 to $3000.

I figured why not just drive? I like nothing better than driving anyway and this could be a nice trip in a car built for long distant drives. Miles be damned and all that.

Granted, driving from NY to FL doesn't sound anywhere near as exciting as the PCH drive. Would be great to hear what you learn @mjanis either way

Congratulations on the move as well.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:39 AM
09DBS will become famous soon enough
Hey Mjanis, was that your DB9 I saw yesterday on PCH in Newport Coast heading down Southbound? I saw a similar car combo and also convert heading down yesterday while doing my beach run cardio worxout...looked just like the car in your avatar.

Anyhow, I sent ya a PM on helping you out if need be.

Mark

Old 04-01-2019, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by 09DBS
Hey Mjanis, was that your DB9 I saw yesterday on PCH in Newport Coast heading down Southbound? I saw a similar car combo and also convert heading down yesterday while doing my beach run cardio worxout...looked just like the car in your avatar.

Anyhow, I sent ya a PM on helping you out if need be.
sorry to disappoint you but you didn’t see my car. Must be someone else with exquisite taste.lol

There is a house we are interested in, and we made an offer on it tonight. Very busy here. So, if the offer gets accepted, I told my wife we will drive the Aston down for the house inspection and then fly back to finish our packing and move out.
For those who are interested, Got two bids for enclosed shipping, both around $750 plus or minus $20

Old 04-02-2019, 07:42 AM
09DBS will become famous soon enough
Right mjanis, totally your doppleganger; next time I will have to capture the moment on camera for posterity. The great experience I've had down here with Aston is that I have often received the..."don't see too many of those" and "nice to see a great rare car" comments. Well wishes in all your relocation endeavors and look out for a few local members gathering in the O.C. area soon.

sorry to disappoint you but you didn’t see my car. Must be someone else with exquisite taste.lol

There is a house we are interested in, and we made an offer on it tonight. Very busy here. So, if the offer gets accepted, I told my wife we will drive the Aston down for the house inspection and then fly back to finish our packing and move out.
For those who are interested, Got two bids for enclosed shipping, both around $750 plus or minus $20

Old 04-03-2019, 11:08 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
My dealer in NorCal used Plycar to deliver mine to SoCal and it was very good

Old 04-04-2019, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Redpants
Having done this the wrong way, I'd go with a good carrier. Don't cut corners. Don't mess around. Just one-and-done do it the right way. Intercity posted above, they're one of the quality carriers out there.

Don't be this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvU50lhjNws

Oh wait.... that was my car.
I have used Intercity in the past with great results. The question is if they will have a truck in my area when it’s time to ship. Need to wait and see at this point. One problem I run into is Tesla shipping cars from Fremont factory down to metro LA. They are using a lot of trucks in order to increase their delivery capacity. Lots of Model 3’s are sucking up all the available air. Going the opposite direction is less of a problem.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by rohnin
My dealer in NorCal used Plycar to deliver mine to SoCal and it was very good
Plycar just gave me the most expensive quote of the bunch.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:06 AM
Big shout out to Jim at Intercity Lines! Once again they came through for me. I have used them in the past and hoped I could use them again. Fortunately they will have a truck in the Bay Area around April 20th heading down to the LA area.

Great news, competitive pricing, exceptional service. I highly recommend Intercity Lines as an excellent transporter.

Will keep you updated.
Thanks
Mark

Old 04-12-2019, 07:16 AM
Premium Sponsor
intercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud ofintercity has much to be proud of
Big shout out to Jim at Intercity Lines! Once again they came through for me. I have used them in the past and hoped I could use them again. Fortunately they will have a truck in the Bay Area around April 20th heading down to the LA area.

Great news, competitive pricing, exceptional service. I highly recommend Intercity Lines as an excellent transporter.

Will keep you updated.
Thanks
Mark
Mark,

Thank you for the kind words and as always thank you for your business. We will be in touch to arrange timing on your move as the driver gets closer. Thank you again for the recommendation, much appreciated!

1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com