Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

15 Vantage GT - how can I fix the A Pillars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 05:11 PM
SUFitness is on a distinguished road
15 Vantage GT - how can I fix the A Pillars?

Hey guys - I just bought a black 15 Vantage GT coupe (being shipped and arriving next week)

So, I don’t mind the grey lipstick... but I REALLY would love to make the grey A-pillars Black.

(Would probably be the first thing I do to it)

But I’m not sure how to go about this:

1- Wrap just those areas (not sure how it would match up with rest of car though)

2- Have them painted (anyone know of a good shop that can do this?

PS - my actual car is in transit, so this is a stock image of what it looks like.

You guys have any ideas? Appreciate your input, thanks!

Old 04-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I would wrap it first and see how you like it. To paint it, is a windshield out job.
i think it looks nice, breaks up all the black.
Ron

Old 04-06-2019, 06:36 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Yep,it’s a wrap.

congratulations and well to the club

Last edited by Dalecannavan; 04-06-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:30 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You don't really notice it when driving, I'd leave it and see if it grows on you. I personally dislike the GT logo and stripe more. Old Porsche guy told me it reminds him of a 928?

Old 04-07-2019, 03:35 PM
Matt Lane is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good to me - I would remove the GT sticker, and probably adapt mighty nicely to the rest

Cheers

Matt

Old 04-07-2019, 04:14 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
I would wrap it first and see how you like it.
100%. Do not bastardize the car for just an A pillar. Paint is a big deal. Wrapping the A pillar is no big deal, you could also change the lipstick and get a different GT graphic without any paintwork. I'd hate to see that car getting painted for something so small.