Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 11:24 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
V8 Vantage Exhaust

Hello guys. I've been toying with the idea of putting an aftermarket exhaust on my V8 Vantage to get better sound. I have the remote fob mod that allows the flaps to open and close and while them open it sounds pretty decent, I think I would enjoy it more if I could have a deeper, louder sound at all times. What sort of exhaust systems should I look at? Where to purchase one from?

Alternatively if there are the mods that can be done to the stock system then I am open to suggestions in that regards as well. I know in typical cars doing just the downpipes gave cars nice crackles etc not sure if that's something that can be done on V8 Vantage's as well? Essentially with the flaps open the car randomly pops and crackles and I absolutely love that...I wish I could sort of control that myself or make that happen myself instead of it being random. That being said, an aftermarket mods or exhausts that accentuate that feature would be awesome. This is for a 08 Vantage so the 4.3L V8 engine. Thank you in advance.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:45 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I have straight pipes, no muffler on my 2009 4.7 V8 and the sound is glorious

Old 06-24-2019, 06:33 PM
E5PR1T will become famous soon enough
There's a lot of different combinations you can do.

A lot of people go with high flow cats. There's Larini (My vote), KH, Fabspeed and Velocity AP. If you do only the cats, you can use the remote because the stock systems have the valves.

For exhaust upgrades, there's tons of brands out there. I have a Capristo, there's also Quicksilver, Tubi, Larini, Velocity AP, RSC...etc. On the ones without valves you'll be in "LOUD" mode at all times. My Capristo exhaust has valves, so I can use the remote.

You can also replace the mid section with x-pipe ones, typically it'll smooth out the tone & make it sound a little higher pitch. Velocity AP & Fabspeed offer them.

It is really your preference and budget. There's a ton of Youtube videos, just search "V8 Vantage Exhaust" and see which one you like.

Last edited by E5PR1T; 06-24-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:30 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MRCW
I have straight pipes, no muffler on my 2009 4.7 V8 and the sound is glorious
Would you have any sound clips at all? So I am guessing you had to cut and weld your stock exhaust to make that happen?

Originally Posted by E5PR1T
There's a lot of different combinations you can do.

A lot of people go with high flow cats. There's Larini (My vote), KH, Fabspeed and Velocity AP. If you do only the cats, you can use the remote because the stock systems have the valves.

For exhaust upgrades, there's tons of brands out there. I have a Capristo, there's also Quicksilver, Tubi, Larini, Velocity AP, RSC...etc. On the ones without valves you'll be in "LOUD" mode at all times. My Capristo exhaust has valves, so I can use the remote.

You can also replace the mid section with x-pipe ones, typically it'll smooth out the tone & make it sound a little higher pitch. Velocity AP & Fabspeed offer them.

It is really your preference and budget. There's a ton of Youtube videos, just search "V8 Vantage Exhaust" and see which one you like.
Thanks for the suggestions. I had no idea there were so many brands. In my research I only came across a couple that cost an arm and a leg which got me thinking there has to be more cost effective ways to do it. I will check out youtube for some clips and base my research on that.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:01 AM
superuser is on a distinguished road
I have Fabseed 200cell cats, they use HJS cores, this is combined with a Velocity AP muffler. The sounds are amazing and something I will miss dearly when I sell my v8v.

FYI, I have a set of Velocity AP headers that I have not installed that are in the classifieds.

Cheers,
Daryl

Old 06-27-2019, 10:58 AM
Ozzir is on a distinguished road
I am having a set of cat deletes made right now for my 2010 and will try the stock exhaust with the remote to switch the stock exhaust from open to closed. I have heard some sounds clips and it sounds pretty good but still gives you the option to keep it a little quieter for when my wife drives the car or comes with me. LOL. I find the stock exhaust, even with fuse 22 pulled, to be WAY too quiet. But I like it very loud. .