Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 Igintion coil after market ones

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 07:44 PM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
DB9 Igintion coil after market ones

Hi

I found this on eBay it is quite cheap any one familiar with this brand ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12x-NEW-4G4...L/392277890132

Old 07-19-2020, 02:06 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
i've had Baixinde coilpacks , maf sensors, and 02 sensors on my 07 V8V, for three years now,company was fairly new then
no problems at all

Old 07-28-2020, 12:04 AM
Deanoroger is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW!! That is cheap, roughly a 1/4 of the OEM price

Old 09-10-2020, 11:11 PM
Velik Bellemin is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,
I order the one from ebay (BAXINDE) comparing with OEM. Actually not comparing the exact same thing as
the model on ebay is actually the 4G43-12A366-AA that was superseded by 8G43-12A366-AA that i got from Astonmartinbits.
It seems there were a slight change in design near the pin plug as you can see.
However my concern is the spring used in the ebay version, seems shorter...
construction is better on OEM with small details, but ebay one seems good. I will show them to my mechanic guy to have his opinion.

Old 09-11-2020, 04:59 AM
V12Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm curious whether one could retrofit a Coil-Near-Plug type coil (like LS engines have) with a short HT lead, regular plug boot and a grommet to seal the cam cover. This would open up a world of high quality aftermarket options

Old 09-13-2020, 02:09 PM
Jano4 has a spectacular aura aboutJano4 has a spectacular aura aboutJano4 has a spectacular aura about
I also purchased the Baixinde ones off eBay to inspect and maybe try for the V8 Vantage (Screw location is different on the v12 coils). The internal spring is shorter on the Baixinde but looks like it will still seat the spark plug when fully inserted. The OEM style spring will actually compress to seat on the plug which I like better because it puts some tension on it. The problem I also noticed is the V8 Vantage version has a little spacer that goes onto the screw during installation. If I were to put that on the aftermarket coil then I do not believe the coil will seat on the plug properly, so the screw spacer might have to be removed. Again this applies to the V8 Vantage coils which I'll have a write up for in the future.

Old 09-13-2020, 02:54 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jano4
I also purchased the Baixinde ones off eBay to inspect and maybe try for the V8 Vantage (Screw location is different on the v12 coils). The internal spring is shorter on the Baixinde but looks like it will still seat the spark plug when fully inserted. The OEM style spring will actually compress to seat on the plug which I like better because it puts some tension on it. The problem I also noticed is the V8 Vantage version has a little spacer that goes onto the screw during installation. If I were to put that on the aftermarket coil then I do not believe the coil will seat on the plug properly, so the screw spacer might have to be removed. Again this applies to the V8 Vantage coils which I'll have a write up for in the future.

just bought these as well for my V8V... not having any trouble with them yet, no misfires, but thought I would stock up... interested to see how you make out... looks like the springs may be elongated on the OEM pulling them off the head of the plug... the number of windings on the spring seems similar

Old 08-14-2021, 08:09 AM
Velik Bellemin is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally, I replaced my ignition coil with the OEM as I decided it is not really the place I wanted to save money by taking any kind of risk.
I had a serious misfire, the car was shaking when gear were engaged at stop or low speed.
In the maintenance book, there were no mention of coil or spark plug changed however we notice that at least 5 ignition coil were different (reference number) and it happens that most of them were doing misfire. And there was bump on the surface where the reference number is written. Now the car is working very smoothly.

Misfire ignition coils

Old 08-15-2021, 06:24 PM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
just an update since it's been a few years now.
after installing the Baixinde coilpacks,maf and 02 sensors, i've installed hi flow headers, 200c cats ,and Velocity AP Tune
car runs amazing. still no issue with the Baixinde parts. haven't had the cel light on or any codes since the mods.
kinda looking forward to the clutch burning out,lol so i can do the dual clutch upgrade for the final mod.