Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEWSFLASH >GOODBYE Ford, BONJOUR Louis Vuitton

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:57 PM
TTM0TION is on a distinguished road
I also hope they do not destroy my dream car but then again I thought Ford was going to do that and they gave me the vanquish so I can't complain.

P.S. Does anyone know what vintage Aston is in the picture that impulse posted??

Old 02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
JayM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TTM0TION

P.S. Does anyone know what vintage Aston is in the picture that impulse posted??
That's a DB4 GT Zagato. Maybe this one.

Last edited by JayM; 02-07-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:17 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Im sure the matching luggage option will now be more popular

Old 02-07-2007, 03:37 PM
caitov1 is on a distinguished road
Maybe it's not a done deal just yet -
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/06/l...is-pure-rumor/

Old 02-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by caitov1
Maybe it's not a done deal just yet -
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/06/l...is-pure-rumor/
Yeah i just saw that,very interesting. Maybe the VW could be the secret buyer, i know that BMW hasn't really shown interest in AM (they/BMW could be good for Aston on a performance level but am sure styling),so maybe Toyota (Toyota has a very Fat pocket and good rep and if Ford can do Toyota can do it better),we all know M-Benz does its self before any other automaker,they don't do brand shopping/buying game. I really think VW could be a good family for AM but then again VW already had Bentley.

Anyhow, if LVMH were to buy Aston Martin they can figure out ways execute all the operational aspects of this potential deal, it could be a very timely and lucrative addition to their existing High End portfolio. An Automaker thats well establised and weathly(very important, no companies that are making more losses the profit lol,cough cough Ford,GM) would be the best bet for A.M . When is this Poker game going to end first it was BMW that was rumoured to be buying A.M then the declined,Now its LVMH and there also sayin something else.
I think some of these companies who claim that are not interested are actualy very interested.

Last edited by Blazing; 02-07-2007 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:25 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
I don't think this will be a bad thing for AM...it looks like LV has ownership in many companies and I think AM will still have the same guys designing the cars and managing the company.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a special edition Louis Vuitton DB9 or Vanquish which will appeal to rappers and women who love all the other LV shiit...

Old 02-08-2007, 04:38 PM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
I read the same thing too but on the Fifth Gear website:

"A spokesman for Louis Vuitton has denied reports that the luxury goods maker acquired Aston Martin at auction. The comments were in response to a story published in German magazine Autobild last week.
Speaking to Autocar, the spokesman said the rumours were 'completely erroneous', but acknowledged that the fashion brand had initially been interested in acquiring the British sports car maker. Louis Vuitton apparently pulled out of the bidding when the price surpassed £400 million. Aston boss Ulrich Bez has also always maintained that any new owner should have at least some automotive industry experience"

Chris

Old 02-08-2007, 07:01 PM
trybaljedi is on a distinguished road
Would be a perfect buyer for AM. LVMH is great about letting successful companies continue to run themselves. For those that enjoy the status quo, then youll be happy with this acquisition.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ///M_Chap
I don't think this will be a bad thing for AM...it looks like LV has ownership in many companies and I think AM will still have the same guys designing the cars and managing the company.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a special edition Louis Vuitton DB9 or Vanquish which will appeal to rappers and women who love all the other LV shiit...

Speaking of LV edition cars, i've seen alot of SL's with the LV /designer custom treatment. Hears one by West Coast Custom. Its for sale on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 02-09-2007, 11:22 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
anything to get AM away from Ford is a good thing. i hope they dont fire Ulrich Bez

Old 02-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Would be interesting to see VW buy AM since Porsche is now holding a large % of VW - doubt Porsche wants the competition with the 911 - and AM is at any price. Other rumors are Porsche would squash a VW/AM deal. MY2cents ...