Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

[PICS]: jchoice's new ASTON Vantage -> "Morning Frost" White/Iron Ore interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:30 AM
ELIM is just really niceELIM is just really niceELIM is just really niceELIM is just really nice
Arrow [PICS]: jchoice's new ASTON Vantage -> "Morning Frost" White/Iron Ore interior

Here's jchoice's beautiful new ride and daily driver...I'm sure he'll chime in with more details, driving experiences, etc.

ENJOY!

Old 05-06-2007, 03:15 AM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
Thanks , very nice pic.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:42 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
That looks awesome - I wish AM would get rid of that 1980s aerial though...

Great color choice inside and out!!

Old 05-06-2007, 08:50 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Looks great! White really compliments the lines on the Vantage. I might have went with the gunmetal colored rims though. Enjoy that exhaust note!!

Old 05-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Knox is on a distinguished road
White....yummy! I've been looking for one like this. Good find.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:51 PM
CJA
CJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the rough
VERY nice! I love it in white. I'm interested in your impressions of the car so far. Any issues with getting into 2nd gear when it's cold? Not a day goes by without someone giving me the "thumbs up" or saying "beautiful car". Enjoy it!

Old 05-06-2007, 04:01 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
congrats, thats one hell of a daily driver

Old 05-06-2007, 04:38 PM
jchoice is on a distinguished road
Actually, it's become a 40% daily driver. I can't get myself to drive it all the time. The Civic Hybrid you see on the street in the first shot is the 60% daily driver.

I figure between the Civic, Ferrari, and the Aston, I average out (if you use CAFE standards ) 29 MPG. So my carbon footprint isn't too bad. Not that that had anything to do with why I have a hybrid.

Anyhow, the car itself is a joy to drive. It's a comfortable, sporty, and stylish way to get around. As a sports car, it doesn't compare to something more dedicated like the 360. The 360 is razor sharp and is always "on". The Aston can be driven so that it's quiet, smooth, and relaxing.

The sound system is good by my standards though the subwoofer can be "boomy". I really enjoy putting in a good CD, turning up the stereo, and taking a comfortable drive somewhere.

Visually, the car has so many nice little touches. I never get tired of looking at the beautiful gauge cluster. The car is just fun to look at it.

It's quick enough to be enjoyable when I get on it though I haven't driven it really hard yet. The exhaust sound is good but I do prefer the higher pitched noise of the 360+Tubi+hi flo cats.

The Vantage really fits what I was looking for: a car that's special, beautiful, comfortable, sporty, has a good sound system.

As for complaints, here are a few things that I wish the car had:

Better front visibility - it's hard to tell where the car ends. Perhaps I just have to get used to it. The dash is high and the roof is low so the front window is on the narrow side.

The seats are hard to get comfortable in. It might has something to do with Aston changing the seats in 07 to accomodate larger people (so I've heard anyway). I never really feel like I sink in into the seat at all.

The radio and other buttons don't have a good tactile feel to them. Everything else feels like a high quality item except for the buttons.

I enjoy the stereo and I'm a compulsive track/station changer. Having steering wheel controls would be nice.

Just about every damn warning the car can give you has already come up for me. Traction control, tire pressure monitor, time for service, don't run with scissors...etc. So far, it hasn't affected anything.

The rubbing lining around the hood gets tweaked all by itself. Lifting and closing the hood resets it but then it eventually gets tweaked again.

The car came with belt noise.

I'm sure all of these things will be addressed in the first service and I excepted to have little issues like the ones I listed. So far, it hasn't affected anything.

Overall, I love the car and really enjoy driving it. It seems the professional guys I run into really love the Aston Martin. I've heard "that's my favorite car" from a few guys now. The ladies still like the Ferrari better.

The Aston is the beautiful wife, the Ferrari is the hot sexy mistress, and the Civic is my maid.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:21 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Oh my that is gorgeoussssss!! Right up there with my fav color combo, next to the metallic grey on saddle. Congrats

Old 05-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
To fix your seat issue, make sure the lumbar support is all the way reduced. I felt the same way in my 997S until I reduced the lumbar support - now I sink right in.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:06 PM
rezf is on a distinguished road
JChoice,
Is your interior bitter chocolate??
Also, are the stitching coarse or fine?? Which color is it siver or white?
Congrats it is a beautiful color cmbo

PS Can I ask for a shot of the steering wheel and instrument cluster?

thanks
RezF

Old 05-08-2007, 02:11 PM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jchoice
The Aston is the beautiful wife, the Ferrari is the hot sexy mistress, and the Civic is my maid.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:40 PM
whatever is on a distinguished road
white is a great color for the AM!!

Old 06-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Excellent feed back ... I am about to pull the trigger on a new 07 AM 8 ... what would be a "good deal" for price ? Any real changes for 08 ?

Old 06-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
That's a beautiful combo, congrats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [PICS]: jchoice's new ASTON Vantage -> "Morning Frost" White/Iron Ore interior