Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How does your Audi compare to...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:57 PM
xxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these parts
How does your Audi compare to...

I was looking for some input from an Audi owner. How has your ownership experience been? How do you compare it in terms of performance, reliability, driving enjoyment and overall cost of ownership/rewarding to drive ratio to other cars you have owned? Please state what it is you are comparing it to and how it stacks up. Think of:

MB
BMW
Lexus
Toyota
Nissan
Honda
Subaru
Volvo
Mitsubishi
Chevrolet etc.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Well... In order.

My Audi is definitely my favorite car, and I want to hold it above all else. The dealership is one that I've purchased several cars from and I've not debated going anywhere else. Their service department has been more than accomodating the three times that it has been in, and A.O.A. (Audi Of America) has sent me some cool stuff to boot.

Two Mercedes before that. More spendy to maintain and not as much fun to drive. Definitely the most comfortable cars that I have ever owned, but that's why I bought them in the first place. MBUSA is also really easy to deal with. Both were bought brand new and both had warranty issues that required stays at the dealer. I was well taken car of with a comparable loaner and they made everything work around my schedule.

Acura... Screw 'em. I had a dealership treat me badly on a service issue and I won't touch their cars as a result of it. (Which is a shame because I really like the NSX.)

Honda. The most affordable car I ever owned. A moddified (just engine work, not in any way "Fast And Furious") '00 Prelude Type S, and the thing still needed nothing but regular oil changes. The dealership experience was nothing like Audi or Merc (and Thank God, not like Acura), but I did most of the service myself. I think I went to them twice in the 3 years I had the car. Once was for wiper blades when NAPA was out of them... I miss the car, but I wouldn't give up what I have now for it.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:48 PM
ubiquitus is on a distinguished road
Mine is holding up great. 113k miles on the clock and 426AWHP. Maintenance is a pain, but worth it when she's back on the road. Much better quality build than the American and Japanese built cars.