Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Considering selling the my sti dd and buying an s4..need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 09:39 AM
PHIL2 is on a distinguished road
Considering selling the my sti dd and buying an s4..need advice

I am looking to get an 06+ s4 vert auto for a dd and just wondering what issues I may run into. I want something that is awd and vert so I can drive in winter an wife can drive in summer months and this seems to be the perfect fit

Last edited by PHIL2; 11-27-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:44 AM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
It's a beautiful car and NY has some awesome summer time weather. I have always loved the S4 and think it would be a good fit for your wife as well. Women seem to love the A4's, especially the convertibles. The S4 should be no different. But, the V8's fuel economy is something to keep in mind, especially as a DD. Combined it is getting around 17 or so, according to Audi. 14 city, 21 highway.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by mcdbrendan
it's a beautiful car and ny has some awesome summer time weather. I have always loved the s4 and think it would be a good fit for your wife as well. Women seem to love the a4's, especially the convertibles. The s4 should be no different. But, the v8's fuel economy is something to keep in mind, especially as a dd. Combined it is getting around 17 or so, according to audi. 14 city, 21 highway.
same mpg as the sti

Old 11-27-2008, 09:50 AM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PHIL2
same mpg as the sti
Thought your STi was an '08, not an '04. Time to start reading signatures, haha.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Brendan

Old 11-27-2008, 09:54 AM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Definately would be a good trade. Although, the maintenance on the Audi over the Subie would be much more substantial.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by GSlider
Definately would be a good trade. Although, the maintenance on the Audi over the Subie would be much more substantial.
cpo 100k warranty for sure so how bad can it be?

Old 11-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Definately would be a good trade.
I agree.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:46 PM
aside from front bumper...what the difference between 05 and 07??

Old 12-03-2008, 04:03 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PHIL2
cpo 100k warranty for sure so how bad can it be?
In that case I think it would be a nice change.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:53 PM
syonara is on a distinguished road
In that case I think it would be a nice change.

I agree....going moreso from a full on kids/racer to a much more "useable) car so to say....A car thats nicer to drive around in daily, won't have every Honda revving at you, etc

Old 12-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Mikey_C is on a distinguished road
i had an 04 sti(which I sold a few years ago) and have significant time with an 06 S(but decided on the a4 2.0t instead) and the only things they have in common are awd and plenty of power(and I guess mpg) IMO. For a daily driver I have always valued handling over raw power b.c in my area most of my spririted driving is in the twisties. The sti had enough power for straight line driving and the handling was a great balance for a tight crip feel while being compliant enough for a dd. Reliabiluty was never an issue with the suby.

When I was in the market for a more refined awd 6sp dd my first instinct was the S4 but was thoroughly disapointed. The power was there but the car just felt like pig, too heavy and too soft. All that power goes to waste if the only time I can use it was a straight line. The sti is a great economical dd sports car. The s4 is just a high performance engine jammed in low performance chassis.

fund to drive--suby
performance per $--suby
cost of ownership--suby
appeal to a typical woman--audi

Old 12-06-2008, 08:22 PM
imolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the rough
The S4 is a great daily driver and you will not miss anything going from the STI to the S4. Yes, the S isn't as great on the track as an STI handling-wise, but who cares? You're not assaulted by a poor interior in an Audi like you are every time you get in a Subaru. The fit and finish is no comparison!

Definitely get the CPO. The only difference between the B6 and B7 models are the body styling.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Banned
Patrick - PES is an unknown quantity at this point
S4!!! we will have a supercharger coming out for the S4 verry soon and if you still have that lotus we make a supercharger for that as well.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:56 PM
BLK 3V is on a distinguished road
The S4's are a very nice ride...and having a vert is even better!
I had a chance to drive a new S5 as well...and now see they ar bringing a S5 vert to the states next year! THAT will be an awesome ride!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:23 AM
taydam is on a distinguished road
lots of good info here .... if you want some more info you can always check out audizine . com cause they will be able to answer any questions you can think of over there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Considering selling the my sti dd and buying an s4..need advice