Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone having DRC issues? Proposed Class Action

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:20 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Anyone having DRC issues? Proposed Class Action

All,

If you're having DRC problems (RS6 and RS4 owners), have a look at the RS6.com and Audiworld.com forums. An attorney is considering a class action suit against Audi. You might wish to look into it.

CW

Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Brian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really niceBrian@Performance Outfitters is just really nice
Like this:

#3 failure for this particular client of mine.

Brian

Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM
YSITSMN is on a distinguished road
Two years and not a single DRC problem. My sub frame bolts came loose and they charged me labor. And I have gone through on tranny.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:37 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
I received an email from the attorney/RS6 owner who is spearheading this effort. While he didn't disclose what's happening, Audi is in discussion with him. So, if you've had DRC problems and haven't contacted him, you should.

CW

Old 01-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Reach him here...

attyrobertiacovelli@yahoo.com

Also, here's the original post with the link to the Audiworld posting...

http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17330

CW

Old 01-20-2009, 06:27 PM
There is some new information and possible progress. I urge anyone who owns a DRC-equipped vehicle (even if the DRC hasn't yet failed) to contact Rob and get it directly from him.

EDIT: Here's the link to the news...http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/44439.phtml

VERY interesting!

CW

Last edited by CornersWell; 01-20-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 PM
The latest...

"For everyone who has corresponded with me I thank you. This weekend I am completing the database and forwarding it to Audi of America. As of this writing, I have nearly 75 individuals who have had failures/multiple failures or in desparate need for repair work. For those of you who have been hesitant to contact me, this is your opportunity to have a newly-designed system installed on Audi's dime.

If you would like to take advantage of the proposal, please forward me your name, VIN#, mileage on your car, and a phone number for either Audi or someone from my office to contact you.

Okay. Now how will this happen?? Audi is putting pressure on its manufacturer to make available complete systems for each car in this country. I hate to speculate...but since there were many more RS6 cars sold in Europe, those cars are likely being serviced with new DRC parts. I learned from a forum member that Audi has CPO'ed the cars overseas. If true, this would make sense why Audi does not have the availability of parts here to implement a recall. Again....this is my guess and NOT something my contact at Audi has informed me of.

So where are we left?? I want to post what I know weekly so all can be informed. My guess is that Audi will start scheduling repairs when lots of newly-designed systems arrive here. That's why I would like everyone interested to contact me so I can give Audi a gauge of how many systems are needed now.

* For those who spent $$$ on aftermarket systems this is NOT a dead issue. It is being further discussed next week if owners will be reimbursed. Similarly, I would like those who have done these installs to forward me your receipts.

* For those of you who had either DRC replaced or an aftermarket system installed and had bushings replaced AT THE SAME TIME...I informed AUDI that a failed system may have caused premature wear. This is another point that Audi is discussing how to handle next week.

Thats the latest folks....spoke with my contact an hour ago. Lets take advantage of this."

CW

Old 01-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Reach is a splendid one to beholdReach is a splendid one to beholdReach is a splendid one to beholdReach is a splendid one to beholdReach is a splendid one to beholdReach is a splendid one to behold
I'd spread this to audizine RS forum, I haven't seen this suit discussed there, although a UK contingent from that forum has had success in getting audi UK to extend the DRC warranty. Not a total victory, but a good victory anyway.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Reach,

Please feel free to spread the word to Audizine. This has been posted on RS6.com and Audiworld.com in the RS6 forum. But, the new RS4 also has DRC, so it's appropriate for both RS4 and RS6 owners.

CW

Old 01-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
OzzDDS is on a distinguished road
How would i know if i am having this issue? My service advisor is not to helpful or knowledgable about this issue as i wasnted to have it checked out on my 07 rs4.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by OzzDDS
How would i know if i am having this issue? My service advisor is not to helpful or knowledgable about this issue as i wasnted to have it checked out on my 07 rs4.
Where are you in MD? If you're near NoVA, I'd recommend taking the car to HBL and ask Matt Frick to have it checked at your next service interval. Matt has dealt with RS6s for a while, and the RS6 tech, Sean, knows his stuff well.

If you're not near DC, just take it to the nearest dealer and tell them you think the DRC is out. Specifically, have them put it up on a lift and look at it. Do it with them. It would likely be evident immediately. The shocks will show it clearly as the hydraulic fluid that has leaked out will leave a stain on the shock. So, a visual inspection should be enough, but they can also test the DRC's pressure level. I wouldn't recommend that, though. Dealers can't re-pressurize the system to the level it comes from the factory with, as I understand it. I could be wrong on that, though. Regardless, checking the pressure might affect the pressure level. So, I'd leave that for last. The tell-tale sign of a failed DRC system, though, is a "clunking" sound and a "hopping" and "bouncing" sensation on the road. A road test by the tech who's familiar with DRC failure should give a good indication of whether there's a problem.

CW

Old 01-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Dr. Ferdinand is on a distinguished road
Add me to the list. Second DRC failure on my RS4 (after both fronts failed), this one coming sooner than a gas re-fill (literally 200 miles after both fronts were replaced). About to have my dealer replace the leaking one with the 'updated' part number (same part number for the shock but with a 'b' at the end). AofA refused to replace the other front (as it is not yet leaking, but just a matter of time), so if indeed these represents a 'new and improved part' as AfA claims, I will be riding on diff suspension components on the same axle...

Anyone know for sure what the Audi service bulletin specifies about the exact DRC replacement procedures? For example, do the valves need to be replaced? My dealer didn't replace them the first time around, and I am wondering if that is the cause for my current failure occuring within days of the replacement...

Old 01-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Anyone know for sure what the Audi service bulletin specifies about the exact DRC replacement procedures? For example, do the valves need to be replaced? My dealer didn't replace them the first time around, and I am wondering if that is the cause for my current failure occuring within days of the replacement...
Here's a link for you. It's about the RS6, though...

http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17266

CW

Old 01-26-2009, 04:42 PM
From a very reputable source in Germany...

"Dear Friends,

all US spec RS6 (~1.200 Units) will be DRC fixed. This will include new upgraded Shocks (connecting rod etc.). The special tools needed are already ordered, as well as the parts. Techs are (again) trained on how to successfully fulfil this procedure.

Everything will start off ~march/april. All known owners will be contacted.

A extended warranty on this procedure is also included."

CW

Old 01-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Spaceman has a spectacular aura aboutSpaceman has a spectacular aura aboutSpaceman has a spectacular aura about
I will have to check mine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone having DRC issues? Proposed Class Action