Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Another RS4 In For Our Carbon Cleaning This One Is From West Virginia!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 11:05 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
These cars desperately need port side injectors to keep the carbon buildup at bay like the Toyota direct-injection engines. Audi will never be able to make this dramatic of a fix for the RS4 (and the V8 R8, actually) so you'd have to install an aftermarket water/methanol injection kit or use a spray type port valve cleaner obsessively. Neither option sound appealing.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by brainpa
Holy crap. This looks horrible. Is this a well-known issue? Tear the intakes down at 40-60K miles????

Like the result, scared at the indication for it.
It is known, we recommend this procedure be done every 25-30K miles.

Originally Posted by speedking1121
Looks good! Honestly the carbon build up is the only thing keeping me from buying one of these right now!
Don't let it scare you, they're great cars!

Old 09-15-2011, 03:48 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Before you know it.....the high mileage V8 R8's will soon be needing your services as well!

Nice work btw. Can you please pm me pricing for how much you charge for this service? I have a friend in Boston who owns an RS4, and I will recommend this service for him.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by awd
before you know it.....the high mileage v8 r8's will soon be needing your services as well!

nice work btw. Can you please pm me pricing for how much you charge for this service? I have a friend in boston who owns an rs4, and i will recommend this service for him.
ygpm

Old 09-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Nycarrera is on a distinguished road
nice work,,,

not an easy job,

Old 09-17-2011, 12:49 PM
c.fernandez31 is on a distinguished road
i love the rs4 still my favorite audi

Old 09-24-2011, 09:11 PM
996mike is on a distinguished road
Can anyone in the Atlanta area recc. a shop other than the dealers that has experience with rs4 carbon cleaning and who is reasonably priced?

Old 09-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor

Next Carbon Victim This RS4 is in for other things as well.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:20 PM
b45h1r is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kai@ELITEMS
Another RS4 In For The Famous Carbon Cleaning, This One Is From Colorado Going Upto Toronto Canada!

This particular car had 62K miles. It is the one of the worst buildup we've seen, def. in top two.

Dammit. Mine has 63K. Except taking it to NY is not an option. Have to get it done locally (houston).

Old 09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
great job, u def know what ur doing...

Old 09-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Nycarrera
not an easy job,
Originally Posted by todd1010
I just did this myself on my 2009 Audi S5 with 30k miles. It was pretty bad but not like these two RS4's but they had more mileage.

Driving your car hard is not going to clean the carbon out, which was my thinking before and up to the cleaning.

The car feels like a new beast and is the single most definitive way to improve HP & torque!

Looks good guys!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by 996mike
Can anyone in the Atlanta area recc. a shop other than the dealers that has experience with rs4 carbon cleaning and who is reasonably priced?
Would you consider going to Opelika Alabama?

Originally Posted by b45h1r
Dammit. Mine has 63K. Except taking it to NY is not an option. Have to get it done locally (houston).
Ship it up! Only a few Audi dealers will actually do it the right way be careful where you take it. We've had cars from Michigan, Colorado, Canada, Massachusetts and many other states come to us for this service! It will be done correctly and will be done the right way the first time.

Originally Posted by rvhpno80
great job, u def know what ur doing...
Thank you, nice stable of cars. Are you ever around Long Island? Stop by one day!

Old 10-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Opusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to beholdOpusman is a splendid one to behold
anyone known in washington? the closer to spokane the better....but dont mind taking a weekend vacation to seattle.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Peter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Opusman
anyone known in washington? the closer to spokane the better....but dont mind taking a weekend vacation to seattle.
In the Seattle area, Redmond European is a great shop.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:40 AM
sakimano will become famous soon enoughsakimano will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by todd1010
I just did this myself on my 2009 Audi S5 with 30k miles. It was pretty bad but not like these two RS4's but they had more mileage.

Driving your car hard is not going to clean the carbon out, which was my thinking before and up to the cleaning.

The car feels like a new beast and is the single most definitive way to improve HP & torque!

Looks good guys!
can you give us an outline of the process? Not a full on DIY, but more like how long it took you and what tools/products you used.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:00 PM
SevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura about
I may be picking up one of these cars, so thanks for the info. Ive used gun barrel brushes and gas in the past to clean carbon build-up, though nothing quite as bad as some of these RS4 pics being posted. Still, sounds like something that can be done by someone with good mechanical experience and a good dose of patience.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another RS4 In For Our Carbon Cleaning This One Is From West Virginia!