Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seriously considering new RS5. Would like some opinions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 03:02 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Seriously considering new RS5. Would like some opinions.

Just as the thread states. I would like to know from owners how they feel about their RS5. I plan to probably keep it for 3 maybe 5 years max.

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2013, 03:06 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
A lot of reviewers seem to think the non adjustable suspension is too firm. This is my main concern.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:19 PM
30 review no opinions?

Old 12-18-2013, 07:31 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car but id rather have a gtr for 10k more or one with 500miles on it for the same price

Old 12-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
Nice car but id rather have a gtr for 10k more or one with 500miles on it for the same price
GTR is 20-30k more and has crappy interior quality. Though performance is obviously way better.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:52 AM
INSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to behold
Depends on what you are looking for in a car. 450HP is plenty for me, use mine as a daily driver, love the exterior and the interior is beautiful, somewhat exclusive in that not many running around, like the sports exhaust although could be louder, all-in-all one of the best cars I have owned...

Old 12-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by INSman
Depends on what you are looking for in a car. 450HP is plenty for me, use mine as a daily driver, love the exterior and the interior is beautiful, somewhat exclusive in that not many running around, like the sports exhaust although could be louder, all-in-all one of the best cars I have owned...
How was the ride quality? Reviewers say it boarders on too stiff. I am going to go test drive a convertible tomorrow or today and it is the only one in my area so naturally it will be softer than the coupe.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:52 AM
INSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to behold
I would say the ride quality is very good, best to drive for yourself and don't think the ride would be much different at all cab vs coupe. The settings I use most are "Dynamic" which opens the exhaust valves for a meaner exhaust note, stiffer suspension, tighter steering and so on, "Comfort" on the other hand softens everything and is a joy to drive around in under any road conditions I would say.

Audizine.com is a site dedicated to Audi, so way more info over there to be had on Audi in general as well as any specific model like the RS5.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by INSman
I would say the ride quality is very good, best to drive for yourself and don't think the ride would be much different at all cab vs coupe. The settings I use most are "Dynamic" which opens the exhaust valves for a meaner exhaust note, stiffer suspension, tighter steering and so on, "Comfort" on the other hand softens everything and is a joy to drive around in under any road conditions I would say.

Audizine.com is a site dedicated to Audi, so way more info over there to be had on Audi in general as well as any specific model like the RS5.
Your in California, the US RS5 doesn't have the mag ride adjustable suspension. It has a fixed suspension. So how are you adjusting the ride quality?

Old 12-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Your in California, the US RS5 doesn't have the mag ride adjustable suspension. It has a fixed suspension. So how are you adjusting the ride quality?
Through the MMI... I am sure the suspension itself is not really adjustable something changes the effects ride quality on the settings between dynamic and comfort. I am sure your salesperson can clarify or elaborate.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:10 AM
easy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really niceeasy_button is just really nice
No issues with the ride quality; supple enough for the crappy NoVa roads, yet keeps the keeps the car controlled and planted. Not once have I wished for a softer (or stiffer) setup. For comparison, spent a day in an S4 loaner with the adjustable dampers; too floaty in comfort, too choppy in dynamic. The RS5 is just right for what the car is for; just compliant enough to be comfortable, without noodling up when you toss it around. Probably the biggest surprise about the car.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Well, did you go drive the car for yourself or not ?!?

Old 01-09-2014, 06:35 PM
bhoov14 is on a distinguished road
I considered purchasing an RS5 a couple months ago. It certainly depends on what you are using the car for. Personally, I wanted a fun/weekend sports car that I just loved to drive. The design on the RS5 is beautiful, from the exterior to the interior detail. I made the decision to move in a different direction for a few reasons.
1. Realized that I wanted a true sports car vs. a touring coupe. I enjoy "feeling the road" and stiffer suspensions with steering that is precise- I was impressed by the RS5, but not in love. I was disappointed, it did not feel much different than the previous gen RS4. That being said, if I was buying this as a daily driver for all seasons, I would have considered the S7 instead.

2. Pricing vs. what it can buy in the marketplace. Finding the right pre-owned R8 at a price relatively close to the RS5 was more appealing to me.

3. See the end of pt #1, just did not fall in love.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:36 PM
To each their own, I enjoy driving the crap out of mine....

Old 01-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Audi_Salesman is on a distinguished road
Not an owner I just purchased a 2014 S4 and currently work for Audi and have driven a RS5 and just sold a RS5 Cabriolet. I loved the way it felt driving through the city but the fun was driving through the back roads like 5 minutes from the dealership.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seriously considering new RS5. Would like some opinions.