Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo for sale, blown engine - CHEAP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrEdS4
That is a great point. Jason knows about this car and has been thinking about buying it to use as a shop car. He has access to blocks, cranks, etc. from Lamborghini (would probably run about $10k but you will have to get an estimate from him) and the other parts would have been replaced anyway. If you are interested in doing a TT Gallardo, this should easily save you $20-30k versus buying one at market price and then sending it to him.

I will ask him how much getting this car into a running TT car would run.
Please do ask him how much and how many has he built.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:26 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Please do ask him how much and how many has he built.
I am still waiting on his response. He is going to give me a number to fix it back to stock and to turbocharge it.

As far as I know, he has built 3 of them and is working on another 3 right now.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:35 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by riverflyer
So this is a former rental car?
If so, how many of the 23k were done as rental?
The car was used as a rental car for a company that I own. It has been overly maintained and detailed almost daily since I got it. Anyone who inspects the car will attest to its condition. I am not a site sponsor and cannot discuss that business here. I will answer any questions about that privately. I am not trying to hide anything, simply respecting those who do advertise here. My market is very local and I hope to be in a position to benefit from an advertisement here at some point in the future.

I bought the car with 17k miles. I put about 2,000 on it myself and that leaves about 4k that were put on it by others. Almost 3,000 of them were put on it by the person who was driving it at the time of engine failure. He was completely impressed with the car and was trying to buy it when this happened but was unable to come up with the money.

Let me know if there are any other questions but please keep the discussion on this particular car in this post rather than the nature of my business. Thank you for all of the interest thus far. Mods, if there is anything that I should remove from this post, please let me know.

Have a great night.
-Ed

Old 07-12-2007, 09:12 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrEdS4
I am still waiting on his response. He is going to give me a number to fix it back to stock and to turbocharge it.

As far as I know, he has built 3 of them and is working on another 3 right now.

Sounds good since you're not far from him.
I visit Atlanta a lot. May need to look you up for exotic car needs next time when am in town.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:47 PM
biturboamg is on a distinguished road
PM me when you have the price for engine, tt engine and might as well add the newest clutch to the car as well. Send me some pics of the car as well.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by biturboamg
PM me when you have the price for engine, tt engine and might as well add the newest clutch to the car as well. Send me some pics of the car as well.
I will. Clutch will run about $2,500-$2,800 for OEM replacement parts. Labor is effectively nothing because the engine will be out anyway. Normally a Gallardo clutch is $6,000-11,000 depending on who you have do it.

I know of 3 used engines available in the mid-high teens. Negotiating hard is difficult without the exact timeframe. I will get the info that I can.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:33 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Ed, thanks for the complete and open answer to my question. The car looks very clean in the pics so I am sure what you are saying is true. I also, from my viper days, know Jason does some really nice work. Someone could get a really nice keeper car out of this deal. Best of luck. John

Old 07-13-2007, 07:18 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
If it isn't caused externally to be covered by your insurance, why wouldn't it be covered by the warranty? Does the fact that you rent it out (which is pretty scary) void the warranty?

Old 07-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by leftlane
If it isn't caused externally to be covered by your insurance, why wouldn't it be covered by the warranty? Does the fact that you rent it out (which is pretty scary) void the warranty?
The warranties remain intact. Unfortunately Lamborghini warranties are only 2 years. There are some circumstances where Lamborghini will cover it under a program that is unofficially called Good Will. If there is some huge repair that is needed that happened at no fault to the owner, sometimes they will cover it partially. If you have ever had the car maintained anywhere but a Lamborghini Dealer, this won't happen at all. Most dealers have told me that the best that you could hope for is 50% coverage and a lot of time going back and forth with the factory. You also have to pay for the repair in full and then hope for reimbursement. I could easily fix this car for half of what a dealer will charge me to do it so that is not much help. Also, just because my insurance company does not pay out does not mean it was not caused externally. If that is the case, the factory will continue to be unhelpful.

The best option that I have seen is to fix the car with a used engine. That will get someone into a car that they know is fresh and well looked over at the price of a car with a lot of miles and probably some issues. If you want to increase horsepower, it is a great opportunity to save on the redoundant parts for the engine rebuild and save on the typical labor costs of the upgrade by combining the two jobs.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Banned
DMod07 is on a distinguished road
thats funny, how did you blow it?

Old 07-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by DMod07
thats funny, how did you blow it?
Unclear whether it was caused by an internal mechanical failure or if was hit by something coming from the road. The result is the same, hole in the bottom of the block. It appears to have been caused by oil starvation due to the nature of the failure but that could have been caused by a preiminent hole in the engine or by a failure of the oil system. Regardless, thanks for the sympathy.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:36 PM
All e-mails and PM's should have been responded to. Reply here if you have any questions that I have not addressed.

I still have not heard back from Jason Hefner. He is working on the two quotes, back to stock, and to TT form. If anyone is seriously interested in this, contact him via the information on his site:
http://www.heffnersperformance.com/aboutus.htm

Thanks to everyone for looking.
-Ed

Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 AM
I just spoke with Jason Heffner. He said that he would do the tt upgrade for $50k ($5,000 discount over retail) plus the parts that will be needed to be replaced (block, crank, rods). There will be no labor charge to get the car back to stock. That seems like a great deal to me. If I could invest that kind of money into this car I would do it in a heartbeat. Those things are monsters.

Contact me or post here if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Ed

Old 07-19-2007, 06:53 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Damn i almost bought this car 5 months ago. I would have been in tears.
Good luck with sale..

Old 07-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by habitat
Damn i almost bought this car 5 months ago. I would have been in tears.
Good luck with sale..
I know you did. It is cheaper now. Still interested? Hope things are good Kerry.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo for sale, blown engine - CHEAP