Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Anyone Want to Build a Auto-X Beast???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 05:16 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Anyone Want to Build a Auto-X Beast???

I inherited a 76 914, the 76 has a special meaning to me, so I'll have to free up both funds & Space!! With that being said, my trick 71 914 project is now fow sale.
I was building a 4 banger teener for street & auto X fun. It at one time belonged a FL. 914 guru name Jay, who owned RPM in Port Orange. This was the "Turbo Charged 2.0" back in the day, that is until he sold it to a guy who worked for him who blew the engine
A few things make this 914 chassis worth while.
1 71, so it is a lighter teener, with "pulled rear 1/4s" so you can fit much wider wheels in the back & still look stock. .
2 To keep the teener light, stock styled glass bumpers (installed) and glass front & rear deck lids (not installed),
3 Engine, some parts to build up a 2.5 Type IV. Small Earls front oil cooler & lines, never used.
4 Susp & brakes, Konis with raised spindle front struts, front rotors (none of the new brakes are installed) are brand new, German, that were slotted then Cryo treated and 4" 930 wheel studs pressed in (rear hubs too) so when running the stock 2.0 Fuchs,and comes with 7X15 ATS wheels (one is bent though) as well as the 2.0 Fuch, they can be spaced out, giving a wider track. BMW front calipers and fronts moved to the rear, and a reinforsed pair of rear trailing arms, & Welt 22mm front sway bar all included to finish it up.
5 Int. is just plain stock black, with a later 911 4 spoke wheel.
Anyone who remembers Jay & RPM when he and the shop were in the prime know what kind of cars & engines they built, and this being Jay's personal demo car, had lots of neat tricks. I will not part this car and it is not a fire sale. Price reflects the value of the parts. $6,000

Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

I'll have to look for the other lense, stuff vanished while the car was in storage. I have an extra set of US lenses and the car comes with both the new GT racing glass lids & stock steel.

[

Old 12-26-2008, 07:02 PM
This would be a great project for someone!!!