Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

BMW e30 325i 1992 Mtech2 Convertible,White/white/white, Clean!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
BMW e30 325i 1992 Mtech2 Convertible,White/white/white, Clean!

Year: 1992
Make: BMW
Model: 3-Series
Price: $4200
Mileage: 176000
Color: White
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Ok, guys. Those of you who are "in the know" won't need much explanation on this car that I'm somewhat reluctantly putting up for sale.

This is a super clean, SoCal, white/white/white (black top) Factory Mtech2 Appearance Package 325i Convertible that is in amazing shape with a working power top in great shape! 176K on the clock with original Auto Tranny (5 speed swap ready and waiting to install if you want it).

Here are some more high-res pics: http://www.dropshots.com/kato4444#da...08-02/19:23:12

Body is super straight, no known accidents, basically 2 owner car, clean carfax, etc., etc....

I bought the car after searching for one for quite some time and have begun going through the whole thing to bring it back to perfect but have decided that I might not have the time or energy right now to complete the project and really enjoy the car. I have work and other life obligations (and racing my other e30) getting in the way so she is up for sale for now if the right buyer steps up.

I've had Castro's go through the motor and do all of the maintenance work needed engine wise (just spent almost 1.5K there alone on this thing)... Been driving her for a few months and she runs smooth and silky! We did all big things including Timing Belt, Water Pump, Ignition wires, checked for all leaks, refreshed all fluids, fresh motor mounts. I basically asked to do "whatever she needs"... I have receipts detailing the work and I am open to a full inspection at your mechanic of choice. Nothing to hide here so take a look!

Needs fresh dash, interior needs love/swap/freshening (I was going to go black) and suspension needs some fresh shocks and some bushings or go nuts and do coilovers or whatever you desire. Other than that, a great, solid platform to spend some time with and you'll have one special car... RARE POWER Top is in wonderful shape as it was replaced not too long back (German), kit is near PERFECT save for a few tiny, minor little scratches and needing a few clips. Underbody is all amazingly clean, straight and complete. Everybody who sees this car is impressed at its raw potential.

This car is super rare in this shape. I have the original wheels, tool kit, many service records, stereo, etc... Car lived in San Diego and Las Vegas but now resides in my garage in SoCal (Santa Monica).

I'm currently putting some tires back on the original wheels so that the car can be taken and driven on with original wheels...

Currently running the factory original Auto but I have a full 5 speed swap available, ready to install if you prefer that... Or I have access to a low mileage S50. I couldn't decide which route to take and how far to go which is part of my dilemma with this car. So many options including complete, OE, original goodness or swapped, slammed, and built up with all of the car bling available-she deserves something nice whatever you decide!!!

If you are serious, please contact me and we can discuss the details and I can show the car once we've established that you are a no BS buyer...

Here's a few pics that I have on this machine that don't do the car justice. It's currently rolling on some black bottlecaps as I had ordered some 17s for her but needed them for the racecar. I have the original, clean white weave (polished lip) wheels available to go with the car and they'll be getting tires this week!

Thanks!

-Kalon

kato4444 (at) hotmail dot com

310 six six three, 9321 (text or call)

To keep things simple, I'm going to drop the price and make it firm. $4,200 FIRM with Auto Trans or $4,600 FIRM with Manual Tranny. If I don't sell the car within the next few weeks, I'll be swapping in the Manual and the price will adjust accordingly.

Last edited by Kato; 08-31-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Boltz. will become famous soon enough
Not interested in purchasing but I am curious what makes the car so rare and desirable? Is it the M-tech package?

Good luck with the sale!

Old 08-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Originally Posted by Boltz.
Not interested in purchasing but I am curious what makes the car so rare and desirable? Is it the M-tech package?

Good luck with the sale!
Yes, the Mtech package is extremely rare. The body kit alone for these cars will sell for over $2,000 alone when a car by itself is typically worth less than that... (late 80's versions). Also, the 1992 was the last year made (with a few leftover 1993's) and it had airbags and most importantly a POWER top. The older versions never offered that...

There is an even more rare Mtech car that also has "Hurricane" Mtech interior and a 5 speed. There is currently a red one for sale for over $14,000 in Northern CA...

Thanks for asking. e30 BMW's are generally worth more than e36's believe it or not. Their prices are rising as their supply diminishes. Finding a clean, white Mtech factory car is much harder these days! I've seen more than a few advertised for twice what I am selling mine for... I'm not that delusional but I do know that I have something moderately special!

Old 08-16-2010, 11:43 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
kalon... fun looking ride. i've always loved these, and if i didn't have 3 cars already, i would buy this just for some summer fun. someone is going to get a great deal on this car... you are seriously tempting me tho. glws!!

Old 08-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by jhuang25
kalon... fun looking ride. i've always loved these, and if i didn't have 3 cars already, i would buy this just for some summer fun. someone is going to get a great deal on this car... you are seriously tempting me tho. glws!!
Thanks, buddy! Yeah, I actually bought it for Summer fun and have enjoyed it for awhile. Now I have too much on my plate with racing the Lemons mobile and work going crazy and some great business investment opportunities looming this week... Time to move out the projects.

Here's a shot of our Lemons car that we finished 18th in last weekend's race after damaging our oil cooler... Theme is GOLDEN GIRLS, LOL.

These e30's are a blast but nowhere near as fun as the Turbo (which I finally got to take out to the canyons again yesterday afternoon). Hope to see you soon out at the track! I want to get you hooked on the crap can racing so you can join us next season or later this year!

-Kalon

Attached Images  
Old 08-16-2010, 11:54 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
lol... i love it. I've wanted to do the crap car racing thing for awhile now. looks like a lot of fun. i need to get some more details about it from you next time we meet up. I'm out of town and will be until mid Sept but we'll meet up when I get back. Take care.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:52 PM
PMs responded to.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:06 AM
Price dropped to $4,200 with Auto or $4,600 with manual.

Sale possibly pending but still available currently (cash means sold)...

Time to move!