6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Automobiles For Sale (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale-29/)
-   -   2009 609whp CTS-V - Black/Black Auto (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/250257-2009-609whp-cts-v-black-black-auto.html)

OhioGT2 07-22-2011 02:37 PM

2009 609whp CTS-V - Black/Black Auto

Hey guys,

So I’m considering selling my 2009 auto CTS-V. We are moving to Tiburon, CA in a couple weeks and after thinking about the hassle of shipping, re-tuning for 91, and all the registration headaches, it seems like it may make more sense to just sell the car before we move. I hate to do it because I absolutely LOVE the V as a daily driver, but the thought of commuting into San Francisco with the horrible parking garages, etc., makes me just want to blend in and get a Prius. :o

It is in absolutely perfect shape inside and out. No nicks, scratches, or chips anywhere. This is partly due to the fact that I had the entire car wrapped in a 3M cleat bra (except roof). As a result, it is practically maintenance free as far as a black car is concerned. It’s loaded with the exception of Recaro seats. I also added D3 lowering springs, powder coated the OEM wheels in black chrome, and tinted the windows (40%). It currently has approximately 9800 miles.

Patrick Sparks of Quality Motorsports did the engine modifications. In addition to the standard V bolt-ons (using some LPE pieces), we changed the cam, springs, and swapped the rear end to a new 3.73 from the 6-speed. We retained the stock downpipes and exhaust (with a cat delete) so it is still very quiet. It dyno’d 609whp on Andy’s dyno down in Dallas, Tx last fall. It’s been to the drag strip once, running a 10.95 @ 125 on its second pass before they stopped me. Oil has been changed 3 times. Factory recall on the rear toe link bolts was completed a few months ago. The only issue I’ve had with the car is the driver’s side magnetic door release was replaced while it was in for the recall. It runs perfect and my wife who occasionally drives it can’t tell it’s not quite stock. :cool:

I’m happy to take some pics and send to anyone who might be interested. I have $18k in mod/appearance receipts. I would sell for $52k for a quick sale. Title in hand.

As a little bonus, below is a short iphone video of me running my friend’s 2011 458 last month from a 40 roll. He shut it down before it got too ugly. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQGOv9UJbhA

MGoBlue 07-22-2011 02:51 PM

damn, great price

Divexxtreme 07-22-2011 03:10 PM

I truly wish I was in a position to get another car right now, as I would definitely jump on this. That car is the perfect daily!

Good luck with the sale, bro.

GTB/ZR-1 07-22-2011 04:24 PM

Dude, you have the coolest taste in cars--like mine... ;)

GLWS & if my wife would let me get your car, I'll snap it up in a heartbeat...

unvmy996 07-22-2011 06:03 PM

damn you just got this monster i cant beleive your selling this already ,what a sick car and sick price.

Dr_jitsu 07-22-2011 08:06 PM

Tiberon....dated a girl from there once. Beautiful. And the girl was pretty hot too.

Marin/SF is paradise, but not a car friendly part of the world.

RFFG 07-24-2011 07:20 AM

Nice car, GLWS.

AceRothstein415 07-24-2011 10:33 AM

Get ready for Marin CHP and Tib PD, could the most bored pigs in the country.

Etchhead 07-24-2011 11:55 PM

Sweet car- I was just complimenting you on this a few weeks back. Can't believe your moving on already.

Yah the are is reapply nice and lots of great drives to experience, not to mention some fantastic tracks out here.

I'm driving ThunderHill for the first time on Aug8th. Then Infineon Sept10. Let me know if either of these work for you.

Welcome to CA!

OhioGT2 07-25-2011 03:17 PM

Thanks guys for the compliments.

I never seem to be able to keep a car for more than a year...ughh!

As for Marin, agree, it's not a car friendly spot. Folks store millions of dollars worth of cars in personal collections, but rarely anything with built motors, etc. I can't wait to see how long it takes for someone to make a phone call after they spot a 55 gallon drum of C16 in my garage, being fed into a car with no cats. I give in one week!

Dr_jitsu 07-25-2011 07:56 PM

Jamie,

The cops in that part of the world will pull you over and use a tail pipe sniffer on the spot.

Its not like here in Tx (and I imagine Ohio as well) where you just get hooked up to the OBD port once a year.

Most-Wanted 07-25-2011 10:10 PM

I love this car. I just sold my C63 and am looking at the CTSV. I am super impressed with these... GLWS....

OhioGT2 08-08-2011 09:46 AM

Below is a link to some quick pictures I took this weekend for those who requested via PM:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1117117...80020062046290

acr-c 08-09-2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu (Post 3269121)
Jamie,

The cops in that part of the world will pull you over and use a tail pipe sniffer on the spot.

Its not like here in Tx (and I imagine Ohio as well) where you just get hooked up to the OBD port once a year.

Let's not get carried away now. :rolleyes: Jamie, the roads out here are not as bad as you are thinking. Certainly, once you down the coast a bit or across the Bay, you will like them. Do a trade plus cash for my E55 -- it seems to do just fine on the roads out here! :cool:

sfhondapilot 08-10-2011 02:14 PM

Awwww, Marin isn't that bad, although the traffic through the Waldo grade / GG bridge / Marina district will drive you batty. The ferry is the better way to go (bloody mary's in the morning and wine in the evenings). The civilized way to commute. All you need is a Smart42 :=)

GLWS