Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2002 Porsche 911 Turbo - LOTS OF MODS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Cossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the rough
2002 Porsche 911 Turbo - LOTS OF MODS - LOWERED PRICE!!!

Year: 2002
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $55000
Mileage: 45200
Color: Arctic Silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NY
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Contact info:
cosseyowns at gmail dot com

Year: 2002
Make: Porsche
Model: 911 Turbo
Color: Arctic Silver
Interior: Black leather
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Mileage: 45,200
VIN: WP0AB29912S687265
Price: $75,000 OBO
***NOW LOWERED TO $55,000 OBO!!!***
WITHOUT BBS WHEELS! THEY HAVE BEEN SOLD SEPARATELY!

Up for sale is my beloved 2002 Porsche 911 Turbo. I purchased it in February 2009 from Ruf Auto Centre in Texas with around 36,000 miles on the odometer, and from them, it had their R Turbo 550 kit installed, hence the R Turbo badge on the trunk lid. This kit included a new clutch, turbochargers, intake piping, and a chip tune and dyno’d in the mid 400’s for wheel horsepower. After having it for a few months, it got a little boring to me, so I decided to change it up a little bit to add some power to it. I brought it to EPL (European Performance Labs) in Connecticut where they installed a bunch of new parts, including turbochargers, fuel injectors, a methanol injection kit, and a fuel pump. They then re-tuned the car, and it made 599.9whp and 643ft lbs of torque using 93-octane fuel. At the time, I was one of of the very first people in the country to use this turbo kit. Shortly thereafter, I purchased new wheels, tires, brakes, and coil overs for the car. It’s currently using Bilstien PSS10 coil overs, Performance Friction 01 compound brake pads, and OEM rotors and calipers. The car rides fantastic. I’d have to describe as smoother, yet firmer than the factory suspension, which will also be included in the car. The wheels on the car are BBS E88 three-piece race wheels, which are ultra-light, durable, and fantastic looking on the car. The tires are Kumho Ecsta XS, which could be replaced in the near future. Together, this wheel and tire combination cost almost $8,000 before any shipping costs. Not only will it come with these wheels which are in excellent condition, but it will also come with Porsche GT3 wheels that were offered in the proper offsets for the 911 Turbo wide body, and are very rare. The have Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires, which also could use replacing. They are in great condition, with no curb markings.
Exterior, the car is a 9/10 with the only exception being a small scratch by the right door sill which I do not have a picture of. The car has the factory aero kit on it, which looks sensational combined with both the factory wheels and the BBS wheels. The car also has factory paint, and has not been in any accidents of any kind.
After hearing some stories online about weak connecting rods in the car from the factory, I went through and had a local race car technician build the motor with custom JE pistons, which have every option you can get from them to make them the most durable piston on the planet for this application. I used Carillo connecting rods for the build and a brand new OEM crankshaft, gasket kit, and engine bearings to remedy any issues that could come about. I also replaced the factory head bolts with EVOms 10mm head studs and their head gaskets, which are said to be the best head studs available for these Porsche motors. I also removed the methanol injection system.

The interior of the car is in mint condition. I am using an Alpine DVD/navigation double-DIN head unit that is both iPod and Bluetooth ready. The car has a JL Audio amplifier, and JL Audio W6 series subwoofers in a custom made enclosure behind the rear seats, leaving a totally inconspicuous install. The amplifier is mounted under the bonnet/trunk, leaving a good amount of storage space available for those weekend or overnight trips. Also, this Porsche has the factory Bose stereo system. The interior has the brushed aluminum trim, emergency brake handle, and gear shifter which are all in mint condition like it was pieced together yesterday.

Buy with confidence. I have lots of feedback on various car and sportsman forums, as well as eBay. I’ve bought and sold many cars over the past several years, but this car I have had longer than any other as it was my first Porsche, and my first super car. This car deserves a great home, with someone who will drive it.
There is very little bad with the car. It currently needs a new tune since I’ve done a lot of motor work to it. I’ve replaced a lot of factory parts, as well as added some more aftermarket parts to get it where it is, so all it needs is a tune, and you will be driving a 600whp pump fuel car capable of running 10 second ¼ mile times, with trap speeds of over 130mph. All with full weight, a sound system, air conditioning, and fuel you can get at any gas station. The car's cruise control does not work for some reason, as it has never worked since I bought it. But it shouldn’t matter, this type of car is not one that you’d just cruise along the highway at a set speed, although it is perfectly comfortable to do so. If you feel the need for more, the freshly built motor can most certainly take everything you throw at it. I built the motor because I wanted a truly bullet-proof vehicle.
The car, when it was tuned, delivered a ride no one could expect for this price. With the torque this car has, and at such a low RPM (3,500), it will put you back in your seat and keep you there until you let off the throttle. The clutch holds the power this car makes perfectly fine, and is incredibly easy to drive. You could teach your kid to drive standard on this car, it’s that easy on both modulation and pressure. Treat yourself or someone you love to a car that will not only give you/them an ego boost, bragging rights, and tons of looks on the street, but also be able to back it all up with just one, firm press of that accelerator pedal. Treat yourself to the adrenaline rush that only super cars can provide, from one of the greatest Porsche cars of all time. Treat yourself to the quality of German engineering and a very well-built car. You owe it to yourself.
Modifications and their prices when I bought them. If no prices, then it was either bought privately or installed when I bought the car:
Tial A28 billet turbochargers - $5,400
FVD intake plenum - $2,000
Agency Power carbon fiber airbox - $675
Agency Power silicone “f-hose” - $110
Bosch 044 in-tank fuel pump - $200
Bosch 72lb fuel injectors - $700
Carillo connecting rods - $2,000
JE pistons - $1,975
EVOms 10mm head studs - $1,400
EVOms head gaskets - $350
Ruf sport clutch
Bilstien PSS10 coil overs - $3,800
JL Audio 10W6 subwoofers (x2)
JL Audio amplifier
Alpine head unit - $1,200
AWE straight pipe exhaust – $350 I am also including:
Ruf performance exhaust ($7,000 from Ruf)
Porsche 911 GT3 wheels in a Turbo offset

OEM Porsche suspension (shocks and springs)
I am sure there’s a few more modifications I may have forgotten, but as you can see with what’s list here, there’s almost $30,000 into the car on top of the $70k I paid for it just a few years, and less than 10,000 miles ago.

Pics, first is with the GT3 wheels:

Attached Images              

Last edited by Cossey; 08-13-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Entered wrong year.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Cossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the rough
Price of course is very negotiable, and I have this listed on eBay as well if you'd prefer that route (though I'd prefer going through here to save hassle, fees, etc.. associated with eBay).

Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Bump!
Got some more photos recently:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	8568471791_b29632cf2b_o.jpg
Views:	5202
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	222335   Click image for larger version

Name:	8569570872_033d6acc47_o.jpg
Views:	5238
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	222336   Click image for larger version

Name:	8568473445_e4b80fe695_o.jpg
Views:	5169
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	222337   Click image for larger version

Name:	8569573120_c901da36b8_o.jpg
Views:	5164
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	222338   Click image for larger version

Name:	8569574680_6de31bd9f1_o.jpg
Views:	5232
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	222339  

Click image for larger version

Name:	8568477729_226d5c1bca_o.jpg
Views:	5116
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	222340   Click image for larger version

Name:	8568478391_2c3a97f2b8_o.jpg
Views:	5136
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	222341  
Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 PM
D1Ahmad is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car, still for sale?

Old 03-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Yup!

Old 03-20-2013, 09:48 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I don't think you'll get back money spent on your build. The price point puts it at par with a clean 997 turbo.

Last edited by djantlive; 03-20-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:59 PM
three6speedTOM is on a distinguished road
Awesome car.... def worth more.... not sure about $75k though.
GLWS

Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Do you have any videos of the car? Very interested.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
want to sell e88?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:41 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
GLWS - great pics!

Old 03-31-2013, 06:41 AM
Thanks guys!
Car's still for sale, I just have been working a ton since I started a new job.

At this point, I don't thin I'd want to separate the E88s from the car, but I'd be willing too for the right price (PM me an offer).

As before, I'm negotiable on price. No expense was spared building this car, and I'm just at the point where I'd like to free up space in my garage since track season is beginning soon and I'd like to possibly get my M3 prepped for full-track duty.

There's a couple cars I'd be interested in trading for (with no cash on my end) and those are pretty much limited to 2010+ GTRs, E9X M3s w/ 6MT (+cash on your end), and maybe one or two others.

There's not a doubt in my mind that this car will go like a raped ape once it's tuned. I can throw a base tune from EPL on the car this week, but it'd still need to be fully tuned in order to get the full experience. I originally planned to build motor then throw on Tial A30s and go for 200+mph at TX mile. Plans/priorities change however.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:14 AM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Is that Lebanon Valley?

Old 04-02-2013, 09:23 AM
What else would be needed to get it to run a30s? Bigger injectors?

Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by sinKing
Is that Lebanon Valley?
Yup. about 40min from me.
Originally Posted by D1Ahmad
What else would be needed to get it to run a30s? Bigger injectors?
Bigger injectors, second fuel pump, bigger lines, tune. That should be it. Then 1000whp all day on E85.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Rackthis will become famous soon enough
Awesome photos of the car! GLWS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2002 Porsche 911 Turbo - LOTS OF MODS