2009 Infiniti FX50 - 48k, Premium/Touring/OEM Aero/mods - Page 3 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > The Marketplace > Automobiles For Sale
Reload this Page >

2009 Infiniti FX50 - 48k, Premium/Touring/OEM Aero/mods

Notices
Automobiles For Sale A classified forum for Cars & Trucks For Sale
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2009 Infiniti FX50 - 48k, Premium/Touring/OEM Aero/mods

Old 02-10-2016, 12:26 PM
jbaker1121 is on a distinguished road

Year: 2009
Make: INFINITI
Model: FX50
Price: $17000
Mileage: 82500
Color: Blue Slate
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NY
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Originally Posted by emerica4601 View Post
Is there a reason you're asking almost 10k over KBB in good condition? Best of luck with sale.
#1 I am not sure how you are getting a KBB value of $21k for the car.
#2 KBB is not accurate because you can't even select the proper packages since they changed them around from 2009 to 2010 but KBB has same listed, and doesn't include packages like the $3k aero kit....
#3 KBB is based off of recorded transactions. The problem with the car is there are more for sale through auctions, so more auction sales, than there are dealer sales in the used market. This brings the average price down. As I have said before, you cannot find one of these cars for the KBB price unless you buy it at auction....it simply is not accurate for a car with so few transactions/yr
#4 according to KBB quiz my car qualifies for "very good" pricing.

Originally Posted by tommyboy214 View Post
I usually do not weigh in on private sales. You have a nice FX50, its clean and relatively low miles for the year. It has some aftermarket upgrades as well. You have put some time and effort into this SUV. The reality though is its going to be a 4 owner car that is 8 years old with nearly 60k on the clock. I can buy a ML63 from 09 for similar money as well. I had a FX back in the day as a daily and it was very reliable. It does not sound like you are in a hurry to dump it. I would suggest other forums than 6speed which typically cater to exotics and german cars as well as lowering the price if you are serious about selling. This example might fetch 25k, and that may be optimistic. Its a lot of SUV for the money and a nice vehicle. I hope it works out but you may be better just holding on and driving the wheels off of it.
I appreciate the info. I priced my car according to others for sale within 500 miles - retail sales not auction - which there are FIVE of on cars.com, for example.

The most similar one is an 09 with 45k miles private sale asking $30k.
I have 10k more miles but also have a lot of goodies I am throwing in for $1k.

You are showing auction(?) prices for the car, which are obviously going to be lower than a private sale. People generally buy at auction then resell for a profit. Why would I sell mine at auction price? You're showing me the closest relevant one to my car is one sold in Milwauke for $24k at auction with half the miles of mine - that car/miles would retail for $35k+ at a dealer near me (NYC area) unless there is something wrong with it, which seems to be the case from that sale price and miles, or the fact that this was a Milwauke sale...even looking at the other prices you show it's not hard to see that was a low sale.

Saying you can buy an 09 ML63 for the same price:
-- also within 500 miles on cars.com the closest 2009 ML63 AMG to my price is an 09 with 72k for $32k. for an 09 ML63 with the same miles ~56k it's another $5k.
So you have the ML63 worth 1/3 the original MSRP vs. the FX50 worth about 1/2 the MSRP after the same years and similar miles.... different cars with different maintenance costs and a bit of a different market...

Saying mine would "fetch 25k" in your opinion is fine, but when you look at the retail prices of the cars on different websites, not auction like you have posted, you will see that $25k retail may indeed get you a 2009 FX50, but one with 20k more miles...

It is silly to compare my asking price for a private sale to wholesale auction prices...

If somebody wishes to get the same car at auction price they can go to the wholesale auction and buy it there, and deal with the cards they are dealt.
Plus, an auction involves auction fees, full taxes, etc....

Alternatively, they can buy it from an owner of over 5 of its 7 years of age who has driven it for 90% of the miles on it and has meticulously maintained it at the same dealer for it's entire life and knows the entire history of the car....

You made it a point to say a buyer would be 4th owner, however if you look at the car fax provided, that is not too accurate as the first "owner" was the dealer for one month, then the second owner had it for 1y10m (he was the owner of the dealership and a family friend and used it as his....6th? car and didn't even put 10k on it) and I've had it since then.

So, to summarize:
If you want to spend auction price, go to an auction.
This is a private sale priced according to other FX50 for sale within 500 miles.

The offers I have gotten have ranged from asking price (they could not get financing) to a few dollars off in exchange for removing aftermarket parts (wanted me to take a deposit and wait months), to silly offers of wholesale price. I have also had some trade offers but was not interested.

If somebody is interested in the car, they can PM me to talk about it.
(I am open to realistic offers and trades up towards a less practical car.... ideal for someone who needs something more practical)

Originally Posted by mkzhang View Post
I check this thread every few days just to see what people post lol
At least bump it if you're coming every day

Last edited by jbaker1121; 02-10-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Bump, Price $31k with everything included.

Make me an offer.

Price can be negotiated in exchange for removing certain items from the car....

Old 02-10-2016, 05:30 PM
fishercs is on a distinguished road
NADA books your car at 26k clean retail, you're not going to gain any additional money with mods and frankly I think you're going to turn alot of people off in the market for a reliable DD by posting time slips.

With that said, the car looks sharp and you're not in a hurry to sell you'll find a buyer it just might not be on these forums.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by fishercs View Post
NADA books your car at 26k clean retail, you're not going to gain any additional money with mods and frankly I think you're going to turn alot of people off in the market for a reliable DD by posting time slips.

With that said, the car looks sharp and you're not in a hurry to sell you'll find a buyer it just might not be on these forums.

I appreciate the help.

Once again I have priced it according to ones for sale retail in my area.
NADA, MMR, KBB etc look to national averages and some include auction prices so they are not the most accurate - you simply can't buy one for $26k price retail.
I just got a trade-in offer for $23k towards a $41k 996TT. you're saying that a large car dealer would be willing to only make about $2k off of a car they get on trade? No, because they retail for more.

I do not expect to gain any additional money for the mods, that is why I priced it according to the most similar one I could find for sale locally, and am willing to reduce price in exchange for removing mods if people want to shave a few bucks off - however people will realize they end up spending the difference anyway if they want the same sort of mods done...

time slips from going to the track a couple times (1/4 mile track once, 1/8th mile track twice) and doing a few runs on this sort of car really should not make or break the sale for anyone.
Those track visits were all in 2014 when I was up in Buffalo and I have had zero issues from them besides my brakes and tires getting worn more quickly - both of which I have changed in the last couple months, plus I have had several oil changes and it has been serviced a few times since then, including a new tune to run more efficiently.

This isn't some street-beat daily driven by a wannabe racer. I drive it spiritedly because it's a sporty car, and maintain it accordingly.

I appreciate the help and the thread bumps. I realize this forum is not a place for this sort of car but I was hoping to find someone who needs to get rid of an impractical car for something more practical. it is listed on a few other sites.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:01 AM
bumplestilskin

Old 03-04-2016, 01:02 PM
bump made a mistake - warranty does not expire until 01/17. This is the Infiniti extended warranty and I think it is transferrable......

Old 03-21-2016, 02:00 PM
I've just accepted a job offer and will need something to drive ~25 miles each to work. The miles will be going up...

If someone is interested I will drop the price down but PM me..

Last edited by jbaker1121; 03-22-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:37 AM
bumpage no I will not take wholesale price on a private sale

Old 05-13-2016, 08:26 AM
$29k all included

had a nice fellow come look at it last week but could not get the financing....

I am enjoying driving it to work every day - about to purchase new brake pads and rotors (~$800) and the 60k service is coming up soon so will have that done...

will entertain trades for a 997 C2S, 996TT, AMG, M, etc.

Last edited by jbaker1121; 05-13-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Just ordered new pads and rotors, taking it in next week for the 60k service. ~$1500 the new owner will be saving....

Enjoying driving it every day

Old 12-20-2016, 10:47 AM
just hit 66,666 miles.

Price drop to $25k firm.

Willing to trade for something fun.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:25 AM
Bobby4321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you sold this infiniti?

PM me back at your convenience. I'm interested

Old 01-21-2017, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Bobby4321 View Post
PM me back at your convenience. I'm interested
Your PMs dont work. Yes still available. Mileage now 68xxx

Old 01-21-2017, 11:36 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond repute
He doesn't have enough posts to pm...use visitor messaging...just click on his username...

Old 01-21-2017, 11:38 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond reputeGT3 Chuck has a reputation beyond repute
He doesn't have enough posts to pm...use visitor messaging...just click on his username and select view user profile...there you will see a text box to leave a messge in

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 Infiniti FX50 - 48k, Premium/Touring/OEM Aero/mods

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.