6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Automobiles For Sale (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale-29/)
-   -   2008 MB CLK63 AMG Black Series (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/398056-2008-mb-clk63-amg-black-series.html)

NYC_Z06 10-14-2016 01:24 PM

2008 MB CLK63 AMG Black Series

4 Attachment(s)
Selling my Black Series. Stock, no mods, not tracked, 5th owner. Sale is being handled by Dallas Motorsports. PM any inquiries you may have. Thanks.

http://www.dallasmotorsports.com/web...exas/33444406/

euro400 10-15-2016 11:59 AM

Great looking BS. Number of owners/paint work/accidents?

NYC_Z06 10-16-2016 05:56 AM

2nd owner, no accidents, entire font bumper was replaced including CF brake vents, all MB OEM parts.

Turbopun 10-16-2016 11:40 AM

Your link got chopped up and doesn't work.

This should work

euro400 10-16-2016 12:25 PM

Any reason why the front bumper was replaced and repaired?

NYC_Z06 10-16-2016 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Turbopun (Post 4570976)
Your link got chopped up and doesn't work.

This should work

Thanks.

Originally Posted by euro400 (Post 4570982)
Any reason why the front bumper was replaced and repaired?

Fender liner came loose. Separated from car snapping a piece off the bumper.

dewilmoth 10-16-2016 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
Thanks.Fender liner came loose. Separated from car snapping a piece off the bumper.

Beautiful car.

It looks like there's some marks on the lower passenger side sill behind the front wheel. Is that from the liner that came loose? And if so, why wasn't that repaired when the bumper was? Can you include some better pictures of that area? Any other paint damage on the car? Thanks.

NYC_Z06 10-16-2016 02:37 PM

Thanks. Those marks might be grease/dirt. Wasn't from the fender liner detaching. I don't think the car was detailed before the photos. Any additional photos can be requested from Spencer at Dallas Motorsports. Car is at their facility.

Originally Posted by dewilmoth (Post 4570998)
Beautiful car.

It looks like there's some marks on the lower passenger side sill behind the front wheel. Is that from the liner that came loose? And if so, why wasn't that repaired when the bumper was? Can you include some better pictures of that area? Any other paint damage on the car? Thanks.

dewilmoth 10-16-2016 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
Thanks. Those marks might be grease/dirt. Wasn't from the fender liner detaching. I don't think the car was detailed before the photos. Any additional photos can be requested from Spencer at Dallas Motorsports. Car is at their facility.

Thanks for the fast reply. I'll talk to Spencer.

dewilmoth 10-21-2016 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
Thanks for the fast reply. I'll talk to Spencer.

I'd like to bring to light some shady dealings with the seller and the representing dealer, Dallas Motorsports. My brother offered $50k for the car yesterday morning and his offer was immediately accepted. He provided the dealer with a credit card for the deposit, and we arranged air travel from CA and FL to meet at DFW to inspect the car and finalize the purchase on Saturday. This is his first "nice" car purchase, and I have owned more than a few high end cars, so I offered my help in the purchase inspection. This afternoon my brother received a call from the salesman stating the car was sold to someone else for a better price. This is unacceptable.

Regardless of inventory, I will not be making any future purchases from Dallas Motorsports or NYCZ06. Making an extra few bucks at the expense of your integrity is short sighted. Hopefully this saves someone else the hassle and waste of time. Thanks for reading.

euro400 10-21-2016 01:46 PM

Not sure NYCZO6 was aware of the situation but both selling parties' integrity is very questionable here.

dewilmoth 10-21-2016 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by euro400
Not sure NYCZO6 was aware of the situation but both selling parties' integrity is very questionable here.

I have to assume that he was told about my brothers deal, then later told they had a higher offer. Regardless, he made a poor choice in who represented his car.

NYC_Z06 10-21-2016 03:42 PM

I employed Dallas Motorsports to manage the sale transaction on my behalf. I did not negotiate the terms with any of the prospective acquirers including you or your brother (however, I did agree to include an extra set of rims, were you/your brother to purchase the car). I’ve communicated with the salesperson subsequent to your posting. As my agent, I believe they acted in a fair and rationale manner and certainly consistent with my best interest. Specifically, they accepted the fully committed “as is” purchase as opposed to the contingent offer that could be renegotiated or abandoned altogether without any recourse. They indicated to me that they did not try to persuade you to increase your offer which was below the ask, nor ask you to contractually obligate yourself to a purchase sight unseen. My understanding is that this is scenario is a somewhat unique occurrence, but it’s how they have to handle it in order to protect the seller. I didn’t appreciate this at first, but after having them walk me through it, it reaffirmed my rationale for using an professional agent like Dallas Motorsports because I might have managed (or mismanaged) the process in way that could have left me without a buyer. I understand that might not be the explanation you want to hear, but it’s what happened. Anyone who has done business with me personally would not describe me a shady or dishonest, but I can’t prevent you from posting a critique to the contrary. I’m sorry a transaction could not be accomplished with you/your brother.

Originally Posted by dewilmoth (Post 4572712)
I'd like to bring to light some shady dealings with the seller and the representing dealer, Dallas Motorsports. My brother offered $50k for the car yesterday morning and his offer was immediately accepted. He provided the dealer with a credit card for the deposit, and we arranged air travel from CA and FL to meet at DFW to inspect the car and finalize the purchase on Saturday. This is his first "nice" car purchase, and I have owned more than a few high end cars, so I offered my help in the purchase inspection. This afternoon my brother received a call from the salesman stating the car was sold to someone else for a better price. This is unacceptable.

Regardless of inventory, I will not be making any future purchases from Dallas Motorsports or NYCZ06. Making an extra few bucks at the expense of your integrity is short sighted. Hopefully this saves someone else the hassle and waste of time. Thanks for reading.

GT3 Chuck 10-21-2016 03:55 PM

This is exactly why we don't like consignment sales and will not permit them in the future