Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Maserati GranTurismo or Aston Martin V8 Vantage, 2012-2015?

Old 03-12-2017, 04:37 PM
HyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really nice
Maserati GranTurismo or Aston Martin V8 Vantage, 2012-2015?

I've been Internet window shopping for a Maserati GranTurismo Sport or MC and Aston Martin V8 Vantage, 2012 to 2015 model years, and trying to find ones no more than $75K. Visually and emotionally, the Maserati appeals to me more than the Aston Martin, but I still want to give it more consideration. Yesterday I went to West Palm Beach to look at and test drive a '12 Maserati GranTurismo Sport, with the MC Sportline package, 15K-something miles, in Bianco Fuji white (supposedly a $10K factory option), and Rosso red interior. The dealer wants $74K for it. To say it was stunning was an understatement. When I first got into the driver's seat, all I could do was look around and feel mesmerized. The exhaust note music to the ears. Performance wise, it's not going to challenge something like a GT-R, but then that's not the point. Anyway, initially the salesman dropped the price from $74,900 to $74,000, and offered me $39,500 in trade for my '15 Audi S4 Prestige (Nogaro Blue, Stage 2). But after speaking to the owner, they would only give me $37,000 for my S4, so no deal. I'll keep looking around. And I will keep looking at the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, too, in the model years I specified.

I'd appreciate constructive comments from those who have actually owned one of these vehicles, in the model years I'm looking for, and your thoughts on ownership costs and things I should know.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:25 AM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
I used to have an 09 Granturismo. Car was great. Never had an issue with it and enjoyed driving it. Drove it from NY to FL and back twice in my ownership. Larini x-pipe and unplugged muffler valves is the secret sauce for a perfect exhaust note.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:37 AM
HyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really nice
Originally Posted by Cscat
I used to have an 09 Granturismo. Car was great. Never had an issue with it and enjoyed driving it. Drove it from NY to FL and back twice in my ownership. Larini x-pipe and unplugged muffler valves is the secret sauce for a perfect exhaust note.
Thanks for the feedback. Still looking for inputs from anyone that can talk to reliability of both the Maserati GranTurismo and Aston Martin V8 Vantage, as well as costs of daily driving ownership (approximately just over 7K miles anticipated to be driven per year).

Old 03-19-2017, 08:09 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
If you like the Mas more then buy it. Why torture yourself?

Old 03-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by deckman
If you like the Mas more then buy it. Why torture yourself?
Because I'm not 100% certain of the Maserati over the Aston Martin. It may come down to whichever vehicle would serve better as a daily driver (I'm in FL).

Old 03-20-2017, 08:13 PM
Rosso_Corsa_360 is on a distinguished road
I have a 2013 Maserati Granturismo sport. 41k miles and runs like a top. I was comparing the AM Vantage as well before making my purchase, but ultimately went with the Maserati. More of a GT car feel than the AM, which is what I was going for. With that said, two of the best looking and sounding cars on the market IMO, so not sure you can go wrong. Go with whichever one feels right to you.

I will note that a nice +1 for the AM is that you can get a manual trans...

Happy purchasing! Don't get too stressed out with the decision...either way you are buying an exotic car, which is always awesome!

Old 04-29-2017, 09:39 PM
Springer is an unknown quantity at this point

Have Maserati GranTurismo S with MC Sportline package and Aston Martin Virage - get the Maserati and have some fun. Exhaust note will give you an orgasm!

Old 04-29-2017, 09:54 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I drove both and went with the Aston Martin V8 Vantage S Roadster. Both great cars but I loved the lines, the finish and the rarity of the Aston. Have had no issues. You should be able to find one of these in your price range.Name:  D8E_7248-Edit-Edit.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  405.1 KB

Old 06-30-2017, 09:58 AM
Eric 993TT is on a distinguished road
Which one did you end up getting??? I just sold my 2012 Granturismo and am looking for a DB9 now. I loved the Maser. Had it since new and put on 30000 miles, it was flawless. Gorgeous car and the sounds it made were always fabulous. Not the fastest car, but that's not the point. Just wanting something else. I think either would be a win-win. Both great choices for a nice GT.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by Eric 993TT
Which one did you end up getting??? I just sold my 2012 Granturismo and am looking for a DB9 now. I loved the Maser. Had it since new and put on 30000 miles, it was flawless. Gorgeous car and the sounds it made were always fabulous. Not the fastest car, but that's not the point. Just wanting something else. I think either would be a win-win. Both great choices for a nice GT.
I still haven't purchased another vehicle. I still have my '15 S4 (Stage II). I looked at the Alpha Romeo Giulia, both the Quadrifoglio and the Ti model. I would be lucky to find a Quad in the high $70K range with the options I wanted. The Ti trim is a nice looking vehicle, great lines, but I was disappointed with the acceleration (it's a 280 HP four cylinder engine). Don't get me wrong, it's nice, but I know compared to my modded S4, I would be left wanting for more performance.

There are a number of vehicles that would meet my performance criteria, but I want something unique, not something you see everyone and their brother driving. Just like here in Florida, you see Corvettes all over the place, as well as Porsches. I want something different. The Maserati GT and Aston Martin fill those blocks. I'm still leaning towards the Maserati because of the looks, usable back seat, and trunk space. On the other hand, I'm reluctant to spend $70K+ on any vehicle not having any warranty left. I'm guessing that I'd have to find no older than a '14 model to include any remaining factory warranty.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:49 AM
You should be able to purchase an extended warranty directly from Maserati if the car is still in warranty and is inspected by a dealer. I had no issues with mine and felt there was no need for an extended warranty. Newer Masers have tons of issues, but this model is still old school. Very different from the Alfa. The only bad thing about the GT is the depreciation is horrible. So buying used is a very good idea. You will enjoy the Maserati. Good luck in your search.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Eric 993TT
You should be able to purchase an extended warranty directly from Maserati if the car is still in warranty and is inspected by a dealer. I had no issues with mine and felt there was no need for an extended warranty. Newer Masers have tons of issues, but this model is still old school. Very different from the Alfa. The only bad thing about the GT is the depreciation is horrible. So buying used is a very good idea. You will enjoy the Maserati. Good luck in your search.
Wait, what? I thought I'd heard the older GT's (more than five years old) were the ones with issues. When you say newer, can you please specify a year range? Maybe what I'd heard were the older AM Vantage models. The only problem I've heard across the board about Maserati GT's that were produced from, say, 2010 and on, were the so-call "sticky buttons". And is it true that even the newest GT's still don't have backup cameras? Seems strange for such a high end vehicle to not have one. The first vehicle I owed that had a backup camera was an '06 Infinity M35 Sport.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by HyperDrive
Wait, what? I thought I'd heard the older GT's (more than five years old) were the ones with issues. When you say newer, can you please specify a year range? Maybe what I'd heard were the older AM Vantage models. The only problem I've heard across the board about Maserati GT's that were produced from, say, 2010 and on, were the so-call "sticky buttons". And is it true that even the newest GT's still don't have backup cameras? Seems strange for such a high end vehicle to not have one. The first vehicle I owed that had a backup camera was an '06 Infinity M35 Sport.
Sorry, maybe I should've clarified. In newer Maseratis, I meant new generation cars like the Ghibli and Quattroporte. Lots of bugs in those early cars. All of the GTs are old school. Pretty much bullet proof.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:26 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
GT-S. Had two as DD's drive constantly PA to FL w it. does 24-25mpg rides amazing once you get the factory ****ty p zeros off it.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Premium Dealer
OvertonAutomotive is an unknown quantity at this point
I might have one available very soon.

SALES - CONSIGNMENT – LOCATOR SERVICES

Consignment Rate Special for all 6-Speed Members
You keep your car with you.

Phone: 865-850-9199

jon@overtonautomotive.com

Follow us on https://www.instagram.com/overtonautomotivebrokers/ and https://twitter.com/OvertonAutosAudi | BMW | Ferrari | Lamborghini | Nissan | Porsche

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.