Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2006 BMW E60 M5 - New Motor, Clutch, Vanos - Safe to own

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 02:09 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
2006 BMW E60 M5 - New Motor, Clutch, Vanos - Safe to own

Year: 2006
Make: BMW
Model: M5
Price: $21500
Mileage: 81593
Color: Silver Gray
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): GA
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I purchased this M5 is January of 2015 with 68,683 miles. In the fall of 2015, my brother needed a car and began driving it. Since then, he has taken a job overseas and no longer requires it so the car is for sale. I looked for months for a V10 M5 that I could own without terrible fear of engine failure or looming transmission calamity and if you are familiar with the cars, you understand those time bomb issues plague the cars.

Fortunately, this car was covered by CPO and by an aftermarket warranty that replaced the motor and authorized over $40,000 in repairs and maintenance during its coverage. The motor was done at 66k miles. Vanos was done at 64k. Clutch was done at 62k. A very comprehensive service was done at 60k. If you are interested in an E60 M5 you should be terrified of rod bearing failure, SMG issues, and these issues which have been addressed. The Carfax is clean and all of the service and history events are comprehensively documented on VINwiki and you can continue adding to this history through the web interface or free phone app.

The car is Silver Gray over Silverstone with exactly the right option configuration – everything except extended leather (which frequently shrinks around the HUD), and no ventilated seats (perforations cause premature wear). It has Heads Up, SMG, Active Seats, Heated Seats, Comfort Access (keyless unlocking and starting), split/folding rear seats, etc. The original MSRP was $90,440 and a full DCS report is included.

It was just serviced at United BMW and all records are included. The only semi-major maintenance issue in the last 2 years was replacing an alternator. The car has books and two keys.

Current mileage is 81,593. Asking price is $21,900. Email me for more info or to schedule a viewing.

Last edited by MrEdS4; 06-20-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:25 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Price update $21,900

Old 06-20-2017, 04:44 PM
Price update - $21,500

Old 06-21-2017, 02:50 PM
NY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud of
This is great buy for someone looking for an E60 M5. I'll see if I can find you some leads.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by NY6SPEEDER
This is great buy for someone looking for an E60 M5. I'll see if I can find you some leads.
Thanks! It will definitely make a great car for someone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.