Model: 911
Price: $70000
Mileage: 58000
Color: Silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): Can-ON
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Only other pic I have is the guage cluster with km’s. This is not a RUF cluster.
I appreciate your input as I have not sold a car on here before. The car started it’s life as a 996 Turbo Canadian car. Because RUF vin cars are not admissible in NA the only way to get a RUF car was to contact RUF and they would send a RUF technician to carry out all the modification on the vehicle asper the package selected. This specific vehicle received engine, suspension, wheels and aero package. A real vin RUF car would be much more than this and I probably would not sell. I have a 997tt with about 650Hp that is replacing this car. Hope this helps. I don’t have many more pics as it is in storage now but can get more if needed. It is probably the nest best thing to owning a true RUF, it is documented that this car received the upgrade by a qualified tech back in 2002.

[/QUOTE]

Old 11-12-2017, 01:41 PM
Jferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant futureJferrante has a brilliant future
no ruf steering wheel or shift ****...im out.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:13 AM
Technological has a spectacular aura aboutTechnological has a spectacular aura aboutTechnological has a spectacular aura about
This car has a very unique front bumper that I haven't seen before from RUF. What wing is on the rear as well? As that also looks different.

You are 100% correct on the RUF VIN cars not being admissible to Canada. Although now you can get them in under the 15 year rule, but it wasn't the case when the car was new.

Many conversions were indeed done on site by RUF technicians. On top of that lots and lots of cars receive engine packages ONLY, and left everything else as that. What you would refer to as being a "sleeper."

Did this car get the 550hp package? Which was likely the most popular for the 996tt cars.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:28 AM
13blackknight is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Technological
This car has a very unique front bumper that I haven't seen before from RUF. What wing is on the rear as well? As that also looks different.

You are 100% correct on the RUF VIN cars not being admissible to Canada. Although now you can get them in under the 15 year rule, but it wasn't the case when the car was new.

Many conversions were indeed done on site by RUF technicians. On top of that lots and lots of cars receive engine packages ONLY, and left everything else as that. What you would refer to as being a "sleeper."

Did this car get the 550hp package? Which was likely the most popular for the 996tt cars.

you are right now they can be imported but at a much higher price tham this car. The rear wing is RUF and yes it has the engine upgrades. The rear wing is RUF

Old 11-14-2017, 11:55 AM
Technological has a spectacular aura aboutTechnological has a spectacular aura aboutTechnological has a spectacular aura about
Any photos of the car that are from a little further back?

Old 11-14-2017, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Technological
Any photos of the car that are from a little further back?
In storage can’t
Get much further

Old 11-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
I think this car has RUF parts but it is not a true RUF car. It is not on the RUF registry. Careful listing it as a RUF car as opposed to a car with a true complete RUF conversion which I believe RUF even had the serial numbers changed on their cars to indicate they were actually RUF cars.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Marpir821
I think this car has RUF parts but it is not a true RUF car. It is not on the RUF registry. Careful listing it as a RUF car as opposed to a car with a true complete RUF conversion which I believe RUF even had the serial numbers changed on their cars to indicate they were actually RUF cars.

Thanks , I think I have explained that in my posts, confirming the vehicle was converted by RUF as they were not admissible back in 2002 for a 996 Turbo.

Old 11-14-2017, 02:25 PM
Nice looking car in the photos (found the listing website).

GLWS. I'll ask around and see if anyone might be interested out this way.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:38 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Al on this forum has one maybe he can chime in

Old 11-14-2017, 08:06 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
This car is a RuF Conversion, not a RuF VIN car. I had one as well. My car was an Rturbo 550 Conversion and had RuF Turbos, ECU, Exhaust, Suspension, Brakes and a few other bits. Was a hell of a car..fast and smooth. RuF tech flew over and did the install just as stated above. Mine was an '02 Guards Red over Black interior with full carbon and a carbon GT2 wing. Best of luck with the sale!

Old 11-16-2017, 12:34 AM
AudiThunder is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 13blackknight
I apprcicate your imput as I have not sold a car on here before. The car started it’s life as a 996 Turbo Canadian car. Because RUF vin cars are admissible in NA the only way to get a RUF car was to contact RUF and they would send a RUF technician to carry out all the modification on the vehicle asper the package selected. This specific vehicle received engine, suspension, wheels and aero package. A real vin RUF car would be much more than this and I probably would not sell. I have a 997tt with about 650Hp that is replacing this car. Hope this helps. I don’t have many more pics as it is in storage now but can get more if needed.
Thanks for clarifying - if I'm understanding correctly, in theory this can be an actual RUF car? (with the exception of it not being built in-house of course)...would there be any way of authenticating that if possible?

Old 11-16-2017, 03:24 PM
Thanks, I have the bill from RUF with the cars vin confirming what was done.

Originally Posted by AudiThunder
Thanks for clarifying - if I'm understanding correctly, in theory this can be an actual RUF car? (with the exception of it not being built in-house of course)...would there be any way of authenticating that if possible?

Old 11-16-2017, 08:16 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
ruf

Originally Posted by 13blackknight
Thanks, I have the bill from RUF with the cars vin confirming what was done.
that'll do it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.