Price: $164999
Mileage: 11080
Color: Volcano Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Unfortunately I have made it a habit to buy only what I can pay outright. But it’s tempting to say the least 😊
Foolish on a deprec. asset esp. a British car.

Nice car. I really want it, but it's not black.

Old 12-22-2017, 03:44 PM
RonMathMD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by s65e90

Wrap it! Any color you want!

Old 12-22-2017, 03:49 PM
ziggityzen is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car! Surprised I haven't seen you around San Diego. A Mclaren is definitely next on my list of cars. Best of luck on the sale!

Old 12-22-2017, 07:49 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
if u sell her what's next for you OP?

Old 12-22-2017, 09:55 PM
RonMathMD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ziggityzen
Beautiful car! Surprised I haven't seen you around San Diego. A Mclaren is definitely next on my list of cars. Best of luck on the sale!
I take the car to quite a few C&Cs and charity events. I do Cruise4kids every year. Going to RSF tomorrow for their C&C and I do the C&Cs at The Lot and Kenamar. Hope to meet ya at an event...

Old 12-23-2017, 04:02 PM
AlvinHuyN is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure how buying only what I can afford instead of borrowing money from a bank is foolish? Speak for yourself instead of commenting on people’s financial decisions. Would it be less foolish if I throw money away at a lease? 🤣

Ps my 991 GT3 doesn’t seem to be losing much value at all. But then again I never consider ANY car to be an financial assets. They’re toys. I have other things that makes money, which don’t include any of my cars.

Old 12-23-2017, 05:08 PM
1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !
^^^ With ya... I buy my cars in cash. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it. I still have money in other markets, making me money and appreciating. Loans or leasing, its not for everyone.

Old 12-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Alan A is on a distinguished road

Wait so paying interest is smarter? Or you think the opportunity cost of the $ tied up is that great?

I pay cash for toys and lease DDs, so I go both ways. I'm just curious how someone else's financial decisions are .

OP that's a really nice car and I hope it sells quickly. The steering rack cost video for the Brit cars on YouTube scared the crap out of me, and has me sticking to Porkers. GLWS.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:06 AM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believed this is still here!
PM sent

Old 12-24-2017, 05:12 AM
hypermac

Originally Posted by RonMathMD
Yes, it is pretty insane. All of these comments have me seriously rethinking the sale.

If you are short, DCU has great financing rates!
need more infos on DCU

Old 12-24-2017, 08:16 AM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan A
Wait so paying interest is smarter? Or you think the opportunity cost of the $ tied up is that great?

I pay cash for toys and lease DDs, so I go both ways. I'm just curious how someone else's financial decisions are .

OP that's a really nice car and I hope it sells quickly. The steering rack cost video for the Brit cars on YouTube scared the crap out of me, and has me sticking to Porkers. GLWS.
Actually yes it is. A long term, low interest loan is cheaper than me investing my money. You can make more with your money in the bank. Cars are silly to waste money on, I use the banks.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by arjayr33
need more infos on DCU
Also look at Woodside and Penfed. Rates just went up a tad but still excellent options.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Not sure how buying only what I can afford instead of borrowing money from a bank is foolish? Speak for yourself instead of commenting on people’s financial decisions. Would it be less foolish if I throw money away at a lease? 🤣

Ps my 991 GT3 doesn’t seem to be losing much value at all. But then again I never consider ANY car to be an financial assets. They’re toys. I have other things that makes money, which don’t include any of my cars.
I guess, but again, you can make more money and offset the loan interest. On a large $$$ money car I wouldn't think twice in using any one of the great credit unions. It's also a write off for business. I don't get leasing, even though it would benefit me re: work costs. Thanks for informing us you own a 991 gt3

Merry Christmas ! Hopeful that no one buys it and maybe I can (w/ my loan lol lol lol)

Old 12-24-2017, 12:05 PM
muccels is an unknown quantity at this point
Great looking car would like to make my way up to McLaren one day but will see. I'm rolling with my 2015 convertible Z06 with the Z07 package!!
On the topic of buying cars I to thought buying a car outright was the way to go. After watching some topics on it and looking at info on buying high priced exotic cars it isn't unless you have a ton of money. Even those that have lots of money have their funds invested in things.
This is the reasoning behind it and I will give an example that I heard. Ok lets say its 100k for the car and you have that in cash. If you pay 100k for the car you have no note but have no money either and own it outright and pay no interest.
Ok so now lets say you finance the car for the 100k and can get a low rate so maybe 2.9 percent or ever better but we will stay with 2.9. So you will be paying 2.9 interest on your loan. You do have to take into account you can afford the monthly. Ok so now if you took your 100k and invested in real estate a good fund even something that pays dividends a small goal would be to make 10 percent on that 100k. Not always the case but doable. So if you made 10 percent on that money but had to subtract that 2.9 percent from the 10 it still leaves you 7.1 percent of money you're making on your money. So if we said you would be making 10k off your 100k and subtracted the 2.9 it would leave you with $7,100 a year. That could be a few car payments back into paying your car or reinvesting that money.
So not are you only driving an exotic or really nice car you're making money also on your money. Sure it feels good to own outright but if you can make your money work for you then that's what I'm trying to do. Hey to each their own I'm no financial wizard and a working class guy for a living but if I can make some money on my money why not..

Old 12-24-2017, 05:54 PM
topcarbon will become famous soon enough
I thought this was a car for sale ad not finance 101
Love the carLet’s leave the financial advise for a different forum

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper800 McLaren 12C for sale