6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Automobiles For Sale (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale-29/)
-   -   94 FD RX7 LS2 Swap (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/416727-94-fd-rx7-ls2-swap.html)

Rguy 01-17-2018 08:08 AM

94 FD RX7 LS2 Swap

7 Attachment(s)
94 RX7 NO SUNROOF car. 120k on body. This is a 1 of 9 Base Automatic Red RX7 for 94, converted of course to manual including gauge cluster. Car has PS but NO A/C but have all components and was quoted about 1200ish to install.
Gauges dont work, only the gas gauge/signals are functional. The Racepak IQ3s does everything the stock gauges do but add additional functionality like shift lights and warning lights for temps. Stock gauges would be easy to hook up if you wanted to.
Interior is probably a 9 out of 10. Not missing any panels, map holder works, tools are there, spare, etc.
LS2 from 05 GTO 56K miles when put in. Engine was purchased from an eBay vendor with full warranty. All new fluids. Maybe 1000 miles since swapped.
T56 from 200x Camaro.
Pro 5.0 Short shifter
17" BBS LMs with Hankook Ventus RS2, 90% tread life easy.
AP Racing BBK up front with HP+ pads. Rotors/pads/fluid are brand new.
Tein Type NA suspension
Hinson Subframe and swap kit
JTR Longtubes
Super Pro bushings throughout just installed in January 2018
J's auto pillow ball replacements installed January 2018
Custom 3" dual exhaust exiting through two magnaflow round mufflers. Cold starts it barks and settles to a very throaty rumble. Highway is tolerable with little drone but its still loud.
99 Spec tails
Aluminum driveshaft.
Shine Carbon rear lip and side sills (havent installed sides yet).
Sakebomb HID headlights
New Clutch, new flywheel, New starter, wires are heat wrapped, new brake fluid flushed and bled along with new pads, New Mishimoto FD/LS swap radiator and fan kit, new hinson motor mounts, JDM armrest, JDM rear parcel shelf, New OEM R1 front lip, GTO engine covers, NRG quick disconnect wheel and Nardi Deep corn steering wheel, New APR side mirrors (others were fading but included), Red Rear OEM mud guards (not put on), New kenwood HD radio head unit, S2k Radio antennae and adapter (not installed).

Rear trim and exhaust tips added since this was taken

Right after it was running:

dinkman 01-22-2018 06:20 AM

monster ride!
why sell so shortly after the swap was completed?

Rguy 01-22-2018 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by dinkman (Post 4692846)
monster ride!
why sell so shortly after the swap was completed?

My very first car, long thought stolen/stripped after spotting it's special badge on ebay resurfaced only 25 miles from me for sale and i need to clear a spot for it.

bzinsky 01-23-2018 05:10 AM

Rguy your ad makes it look like some backyard homebrew setup.
Rguy is a member of another forum we frequent for the last 15 years and he’s posted about the car throughout the build.
Swap was professionally installed, he’s losing a good chunk of money on it, he was meticulous with the install insuring the shop did it correctly, he’s a mature family man.
He’s selling because he needs a new sports car every 6-12 months.

Rguy 01-31-2018 10:08 AM

Up. Correct, bzinsky. I did this build via a professional RX7 shop. Ive owned a lot of cars, and this is one of those that pulls into a Cars and Coffee and gets a ton of attention. 30mpg, ~450hp in a light japanese double wishbone suspension. And pop up headlights. Everything anyone could want!

Walkaround video

Tmainevent 01-31-2018 01:12 PM

nostalgia---looks awesome man GLWS!

Rguy 02-07-2018 08:41 AM

Price lowered 24k. If it's out of your budget message me and we can work something out.

Myclue 02-07-2018 09:13 AM

I love the FD, but dreams of owning one was shattered 2 years ago when I went to go test drive/ sit in one locally.
I'm 6'1" 190 lbs and I just could not fit in the front seat. I felt like the steering wheel was right in between my legs and I had no leg room to comfortably hit the gas pedal/brake.
Does anyone else have problems with this? Is there a way taller FD owners can mod their seats/steering wheels to alleviate this problem?

Rguy 02-07-2018 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Myclue (Post 4696103)
I love the FD, but dreams of owning one was shattered 2 years ago when I went to go test drive/ sit in one locally.
I'm 6'1" 190 lbs and I just could not fit in the front seat. I felt like the steering wheel was right in between my legs and I had no leg room to comfortably hit the gas pedal/brake.
Does anyone else have problems with this? Is there a way taller FD owners can mod their seats/steering wheels to alleviate this problem?

Im 6'3" and 200lbs and Fit and dont find it annoying at all with the aftermarket hub and wheel.

The steering wheel (because of the aftermarket HUB and wheel) has been moved closer and up away from the floor vs a stock RX7 which allows a few inches of critical room for your legs. If youre in NJ, feel free to come check it out anytime.

You can get even more room with an aftermarket seat.

Rguy 02-19-2018 09:11 PM

23k OBO

Kato 02-25-2018 07:51 AM

Gorgeous! Wrong timing for me but love this! Glws!

Rguy 03-06-2018 09:25 AM

Bumpz!

rayng 03-09-2018 07:27 PM

wow, love the build. i'm interested but wonder if this will pass smog in los angeles.

Rguy 03-15-2018 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by rayng (Post 4702242)
wow, love the build. i'm interested but wonder if this will pass smog in los angeles.

It will be a classic car in a few months....

Rguy 03-28-2018 01:06 PM

Up...Someone is going to get a hell of a car for a deal..