6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Automobiles For Sale (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale-29/)
-   -   2001 911 Turbo with yellow accents (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/423700-2001-911-turbo-yellow-accents.html)

retrospect 08-22-2018 07:13 PM

SOLD - 2001 911 Turbo with yellow accents

Edited: SOLD

I’m selling my beautiful 2001 black metallic 911 Turbo with yellow calipers and seat belts. 69,240 miles with manual transmission. I purchased this last year and we are looking to pay our house off early so it’s got to go. It took me many months of research to find the clean example I was looking for and the yellow calipers and seat belts were rare; I had to have it. The car runs and drives perfect. It has a clean title, no lien and no accidents ever. There are no stories and it’s really bulletproof. It starts perfect every time, idles like new, the oil pressure is great, everything is rock solid. The paint is easily a 9.5, the car’s best trait. The black metallic has a dark gray appearance in full sun. It has never had any paint or body work and it shows beautifully. There’s not a door ding anywhere. It has staggered Champion wheels with Toyo Proxes T1R 315/25/ZR19 and 235/35/ZR19. The tires look like they are 80% or better. It has the factory carbon interior. A/C and sunroof work perfectly. This has the hardback seats which I hear are a nice option. The seats show no real signs of wear; they look amazing. Everything on the car is all original except for a $850 flat bottom steering wheel with matching yellow stitch work. It was made from a factory 996 steering wheel so the horn and airbag work are original to the car and works correctly. I think it’s a subtle addition that really ties the interior together with the exterior. Car comes with the original steering wheel as well. I also added a custom fire extinguisher matching the yellow calipers and Porsche caliper lettering on the side. I mounted the fire extinguisher exactly where the upper and lower floor panels marry so removing it will leave no signs it was ever there. I also added 997 Turbo floor mats with matching yellow stitching. I’ve also replaced small things like the gas cap with OEM replacement because it didn't look good and I also replaced the grommets that hold the battery cover on. I also had the entire rear wing hydraulic system rebuilt ($800) because the left side wasn’t rising completely. When I found out how common this issue is I decided to bite the bullet and fix it once and for all. It works perfect now with all original equipment pump and rams but with upgraded internals. It has JL Audio subs but I don’t listen to anything but the car. All the interior buttons are in like new condition, they are amazing. All that said, there are three imperfect items. There are some minor hairline cracks in the interior carbon fiber epoxy. There is a small raised spot in the dash that you can see in the right light; it is very minor. One of the four brake pad sensors needs replacing because once in a blue moon it states the pads are low. The brakes have plenty of pad left. Just one of the sensors is bad but I have purchased four new brake wear sensors and they come with the car if I don't have them installed before purchase!

Big Swole 08-22-2018 08:34 PM

Well presented!!

GLWS!!

Griza 08-22-2018 10:07 PM

Outstanding condition for a 2001. Very nice, best of luck with the sale.

wolfhedge 08-22-2018 11:12 PM

Brilliantly maintained GLWS

Cummins990 09-04-2018 09:26 AM

the car looks to be lowered, if so what springs or coilovers? Do you have a carfax?

retrospect 09-04-2018 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cummins990 (Post 4736912)
the car looks to be lowered, if so what springs or coilovers? Do you have a carfax?

I think it might be lowered too but I don't know any specifics on that. It has no problems with any speedbumps or driveways that I have been over so I never looked into it. Yes, I have a carfax and I'll see if I can direct message you that.

LukesportsmanX 09-04-2018 07:59 PM

Awesome looking 01!

retrospect 09-19-2018 04:26 PM

I thought the sun coming into the garage this evening looked especially good on the paint so I wanted to share that photo. You can also see it is kept in a heated and air conditioned dedicate garage year round. I'm also attaching some images of the hydraulic ram and pump rebuild details and a photo of the original stock steering wheel that comes with the car.

EDITED - photos deleted

TaxGuy 09-19-2018 06:04 PM

I like your steering wheel. Where did you source it from?

retrospect 09-20-2018 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by TaxGuy (Post 4739735)
I like your steering wheel. Where did you source it from?

John Leather Company, Taiwan

No exaggeration, it is the highest quality feel of anything I have ever purchased. It feels better than the sweet perfection of a new smartphone before adding a case.

retrospect 10-08-2018 01:24 PM

Price drop to $47,900.

Myclue 10-09-2018 09:46 AM

You take great pictures. Amazing car! glws

retrospect 11-28-2018 08:34 AM

I still have this car, price drop to $46,900!

Creatre 11-29-2018 09:11 AM

Free bump. I have been on this site a long time and this may be the best deal on a 996 Turbo I have seen. Great for sale ad and condition of car! Tempting! GLWS!

LukesportsmanX 11-30-2018 06:15 PM

If I was ready for my 4th, this would be a front runner. Though a little too nice for my future intentions of a build. GLWS