Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

in the market for a V8V this weekend...

Old 04-25-2019, 04:17 AM
PaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud of
in the market for a V8V this weekend...

Hi guys n gals,

Ive decided that the v8v will be my next car. I plan on checking out 2 (car lots) this weekend.Both under 20k miles with clean carfax. the only problem is that they are not at an Aston Martin dealer. Im very familiar around cars but wanted to know if there were any "AM specific" things I should be on the look-out for?

Looking forward to joining the group! -pb-

Old 04-25-2019, 05:43 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Ask for the car to be put on a lift. Check for leaks around the time chain cover and anywhere else. On the top of the dash look for shrinking leather between the two strips in the center console and the flat piece of leather on the top. Check for corrosion along the wheel arches and condensation in the tail and running lights. Look to see if there's an Aston oil filter or Jaguar one. Make sure there is one glass, one plastic, and one metal key.

If you don't buy from an Aston dealer and there are no or partial service records; you can bring the car up to date on fluids and filters pretty easily.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:34 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PaperBoy
Hi guys n gals,

Ive decided that the v8v will be my next car. I plan on checking out 2 (car lots) this weekend.Both under 20k miles with clean carfax. the only problem is that they are not at an Aston Martin dealer. Im very familiar around cars but wanted to know if there were any "AM specific" things I should be on the look-out for?

Looking forward to joining the group! -pb-

check for clutch slippage by giving it some gas in a higher gear at a low RPM

Old 04-25-2019, 09:51 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Have a PPI done at a dealer

Old 04-25-2019, 10:48 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
What year and transmission? Big change was 2009... also... get 'the book' If you don't know what that is, check the forum for details and figure out what you really want. While looking at two locally may be convenient, you should really expect to expand your search and inspect/ drive several to find the right car.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:47 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
+1 on the PPi at a dealer.

Drive the car and see if you like it.,
If you are getting serious with the purchase, schedule a PPI with an Aston dealer.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:00 PM
PaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud ofPaperBoy has much to be proud of
THANKS SO MUCH GUYS FOR THE INFO!!
I will "eyeball" what I can but schedule a ppi if the dealer will let me. Im not sure how that would work with the car coming from a different dealership

Old 04-25-2019, 07:40 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You request the seller to transport the vehicle to the dealer, if they agree you male an appt. If they don't offer help to take the car for a PPI then kindly walk away.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Beta Steve is on a distinguished road
Why not look at the dealer... they’re very close to you and have one year extended warranties on almost all of them. You get what you pay for...

Old 04-25-2019, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
You request the seller to transport the vehicle to the dealer, if they agree you male an appt. If they don't offer help to take the car for a PPI then kindly walk away.
Thanks for the advice. The dealer actually offered to take the car in annd pick it up from the PPI. This car has low miles but you never know. its great that they offered before I asked...seems pretty solid and confident about the car theyre selling. it will be inspected tomorrow...excited!!

Old 04-25-2019, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Beta Steve
Why not look at the dealer... they’re very close to you and have one year extended warranties on almost all of them. You get what you pay for...
Ive searched up and down the west coast. inc Arizona , Nevada...this one is the color int/ext that ive been searching for along with low miles.
A (great car!) was found on the east-coast, but i felt a bit uneasy purchasing a car and having it shipped

It wouldve been great to buy one a few minutes away, but its not that far and they have been very accommodating...plus they (Park Place Aston Martin) only had 2 that interested me, however, i thought they were priced a bit high..
-2010 Storm Black/Obsidian Black int DBS @119K with 6K miles
-2010 Jet Black/Obsidian int Black DBS @138K with 2k miles

Old 04-26-2019, 01:19 AM
djo715 is on a distinguished road
A centenary edition just popped up at the Volvo/McLaren dealer in Palo Alto, CA: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/palo-alto-2014-aston-martin-v8-vantage/6873712587.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-29-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:12 AM
euro400 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=djo715;4779225]A centenary edition just popped up at the Volvo/McLaren dealer in Palo Alto, CA:
The automatic transmission usually has lots of problem right?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-29-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:22 AM
whelp, I'm the latest owner of an 09 v8v
a bit over 15k miles,one owner, Merlot with matching top.

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE ADVICE!

Last edited by PaperBoy; 04-29-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:47 AM
Great, I believe that was one of the quickest I'm buying a car this weekend deals on here. You may want to formally introduce yourself on the main AM forum as not many look in the classifieds. Rare color combo you found for sure.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: in the market for a V8V this weekend...