6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Parts & Accessories For Sale/Wanted (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automotive-parts-accessories-sale-wanted-67/)
-   -   "Pay It Forward" Community Spirit Thread (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automotive-parts-accessories-sale-wanted/202629-pay-forward-community-spirit-thread.html)

PrecisionPorsch 02-22-2010 08:53 PM

"Pay It Forward" Community Spirit Thread

I saw this going on at another forum and thought this was a great idea.

If you have any spare parts laying around that you don't really need anymore and feel like just giving it out for FREE to those who may need it, post it here and setup a way for the person interested to just pay for shipping!

Please... No wanted items, no items that are priced in any way will be allowed, no trades, no business.

Exercise your community spirit by giving away "freebies" to others that may need some help.

Let's show each other what the 6speed and Porsche community is all about.

What's available:

• 993 cashmere tan interior door panels (x2) - ChrisC-AZ
  • 996Turbo OEM rear brake light - PrecisionPorsche
  • Unpainted rear bumperettes - PrecisionPorsche
  • CD holder and a Tape holder (upper level) - JB Lifeguard
  • Open bin (lower level) - JB Lifeguard
  • Entire substructure for both cubbies, having removed it installing a GT console delete. - JB Lifeguard
  • schnell hemholtz block off plug and cap - nijoma
  • 996 orange sidemarkers - nijoma
  • 996 turbo front & rear full suspension (40k miles) - 1jdm911 (pickup only!)
  • OEM Front & Rear LCA (Lower Control Arms) - 1jdm911 (pickup only!)
  • OEM Rear Dog Bones - 1jdm911 (pickup only!)
  • OEM Rear Toe Links - 1jdm911 (pickup only!)
  • Worn Tranny 996tt -Scottslaw
  • OEM 997.1 C2S air filter - Dinorocz
  • new front plate holder - C4SxM5
  • OEM orange side markers - ChrisC-AZ
  • OEM orange side markers (x2) - aznevoiii
  • 997 turbo y pipe and turbo inlet hoses - Edelectra

PrecisionPorsch 02-22-2010 08:53 PM

I'll start...

I have a stock OEM 996turbo red brake light (missing red plastic cover)

Edwin

ChrisC-AZ 02-22-2010 09:40 PM

I have a set (2) of cashmere tan 993 interior side panels (curved panel below rear side window) I'll pay forward to a good home.

dinorocz 02-23-2010 06:07 AM

I have an OEM 997.1 C2S air filter, never used

leftlane 02-23-2010 06:29 AM

Nice idea - is it possible to do like Rennlist and create a separate forum so each person can start a new thread with whatever it is they have available? That way you can scroll through quickly to see if there is something you can use, rather than having to read an entire thread with a lot of different postings.

heavychevy 02-23-2010 06:57 AM

Great idea, a lot of this used to go on at Corvette Forum. I'll look around see what I can dig up.

PrecisionPorsch 02-23-2010 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by heavychevy (Post 2738660)
Great idea, a lot of this used to go on at Corvette Forum. I'll look around see what I can dig up.

Originally Posted by dinorocz (Post 2738634)
I have an OEM 997.1 C2S air filter, never used

Originally Posted by ChrisC-AZ (Post 2738383)
I have a set (2) of cashmere tan 993 interior side panels (curved panel below rear side window) I'll pay forward to a good home.

Way to go guys!

Originally Posted by leftlane (Post 2738647)
Nice idea - is it possible to do like Rennlist and create a separate forum so each person can start a new thread with whatever it is they have available? That way you can scroll through quickly to see if there is something you can use, rather than having to read an entire thread with a lot of different postings.

Leftlane, can you please clarify? I can see how this would get pretty crazy and I don't mind updating my first post with what's available but if there is an easier and more efficient way, I'm all for it

First post updated

Edwin

///MJFDDS 02-23-2010 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch (Post 2738665)
Way to go guys!

Leftlane, can you please clarify? I can see how this would get pretty crazy and I don't mind updating my first post with what's available but if there is an easier and more efficient way, I'm all for it

First post updated

Edwin

I think what Leftlane is proposing is to create a subforum in the Maketplace area on this site so items can be listed just like in this "for sale" section. This obviously would have to be done by a forum administrator.

C4SxM5 02-23-2010 11:36 AM

I have a brand new front plate holder if anyone wants to drill holes into your bumper;)

seth_horwitz 02-23-2010 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by C4SxM5 (Post 2739025)
I have a brand new front plate holder if anyone wants to drill holes into your bumper;)

Don't tell the cops. My story is that the part is on back-order from Germany. :cool:

gearhead 02-23-2010 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by seth_horwitz (Post 2739092)
Don't tell the cops. My story is that the part is on back-order from Germany. :cool:

hilariousI said the same thing one time. Got off with a warning.

leftlane 02-23-2010 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch (Post 2738665)
Way to go guys!

First post updated

Edwin

Here you go - they have a subforum for folks to post what they have to be given away or recycled. This way, I can scroll the individual threads to see what is listed versus opening 1 thread and paging through what will eventually be many, many pages of stuff.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ways-here-142/

GT3 Chuck 02-23-2010 08:43 PM

Adrian thought this was a good idea..I'll see what I can do...it would be better if it wasn't in the marketplace because anyone with fewer than 100 posts is prevented from starting a thread by the software....perhaps the software could be turned off for a new "Pay it Forward" section

///MJFDDS 02-23-2010 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck (Post 2739852)
Adrian thought this was a good idea..I'll see what I can do...it would be better if it wasn't in the marketplace because anyone with fewer than 100 posts is prevented from starting a thread by the software....perhaps the software could be turned off for a new "Pay it Forward" section

Great! I am sure lot's of us have things just lying around. I know I do. Now I just have to find all of it :)

JoelPirela 02-24-2010 06:03 AM

This is a great idea. Pay it forward forum. Awesome.