Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

How hard is it to change the interior trim?

Old 10-16-2012, 06:55 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
How hard is it to change the interior trim?

I am curious. I have the piano black trim, but am really, really interested in the CF trim for my GTS.

Has anyone switched the trim, and if so, how difficult is it?

J

Old 10-16-2012, 09:30 PM
dyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud ofdyc1077 has much to be proud of
I would be interested in your piano black trim if you do indeed ever figure out how to change it.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 AM
TexasFly is on a distinguished road
I am in the same situation. Have a 2012 PTT with the piano black and would like to change it out. Curious as to how difficult or costly the labor may be.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Surprised we haven't heard anything yet. Figured someone here would have done this already.

J

Old 10-18-2012, 07:37 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
When I purchased my Panamera S, it came with the optional wood trim (not to my liking), so I had the dealer swap it for the standard black trim. All I know is that it took them the better part of a day to complete the swap...something like 14-16 individual panels. It was the first time they had attempted this, so they weren't exactly experienced with this car yet. But that would be a pretty good gauge for any DIY-er.

But from looking at the MA Carbon site for the Panamera (http://www.macarbon.com/index.php?op...mart&Itemid=81), you can see in some of the pics that these parts are snap-in. So, with a decent trim tool set, it may not be all that difficult of a job. You may want to contact them not only for tips on trim removal, but also to purchase the CF Trim as well.

Sorry - I didn't help answer your question regarding HOW to do it, but wanted to give some insight as to the time/effort.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:01 AM
Wow, maccarbon is EXPENSIVE!

Suncoast sells the OEM CF interior for 1700 USD.

Hopefully can find a good DIY tutorial. Or, may just pony up and let stealer do it if I can negotiate a flat cost.

Thanks for the info!

J

Old 10-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
my 2013 Carmine red GTS came with piano black (horrible imo) finger marks, scratches...so i bought thru suncoast the oem carbon fiber full trim package, and couldnt be happier....i want to say i paid north of 15-16$ total plus 500in labor at my local P dealer...oh, this also included the beefier upgraded aluminum shifter @at a nominal additional charge (part only)

i am currently deciding if i should buy the beefier alcantara steering wheel....i already have the sport leather steering wheel (with pdk shifters)

Old 10-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Jason,

As you said we do carry the carbon fiber interior kit for your GTS at just under $1,700. Porsche's MSRP is about $1,825. The kit pieces come individually wrapped for safe transport and we always recommend dealer installation. It's not too extensive but we feel its better to have an experience Porsche technician do the work for you

You can view the CF Interior Kit HERE.

Shoot us an email if you have any question
Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 10-21-2012, 02:20 PM
SunCoast, you got mail man!

J

Old 10-22-2012, 01:50 PM
forerunner is on a distinguished road
Suncoast, I saw the trim upgrades on the website but they say Dash and Console, is the door trim available as well?

Thanks,
Nels

Old 10-22-2012, 08:43 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
I just swapped all my interior wood from tineo to olive because I was bored. The olive is a matt finish. I did it all myself and it took one hour for complete swap. I bought the kit from Ric at Suncoast and their kit comes with all parts needed although it says dash and console. It was pretty easy.

Last edited by dhh; 10-22-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:01 AM
forerunner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dhh
I just swapped all my interior wood from tineo to olive because I was bored. The olive is a matt finish. I did it all myself and it took one hour for complete swap. I bought the kit from Ric at Suncoast and their kit comes with all parts needed although it says dash and console. It was pretty easy.
Dhh, thanks for the info! That's great all the parts are included and makes the price quite reasonable.

Nels

Old 10-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by forerunner
Dhh, thanks for the info! That's great all the parts are included and makes the price quite reasonable.

Nels
Nels,

Yes, all the interior trim pieces, including the decorative trim on the doors, come with the kit.

Pieces include: "the dashboard decorative trim, the decorative trims on the doors, the center console lower section, the decorative plate, the front ashtray cover, the cupholder cover in the rear, and the storage compartment lid on the rear center console."

We also carry the carbon fiber door handle inserts as well. These pieces are made by MA Carbon and are not a factory part. They come in a pair, so for a Panamera you would need to order two sets.

Carbon Fiber Door Handle Inserts

Shoot us an email if you have any questions
Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 11-03-2012, 07:56 PM
2thDoctor is on a distinguished road
Has anyone come up with a DIY for this?

Old 11-03-2012, 08:14 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 2thDoctor
Has anyone come up with a DIY for this?

All the pieces just pull off with a trim tool. The rear door pieces require one bolt removal from near speaker grill. The cup holder pieces slide directly forward toward the hood and slip off - the two folding doors in the rear console are easily removed if open at 45 degrees and the puled toward the midline of the car with a trim tool from behind. The center console trim requires the radio to be pulled which is easily done.

That's it. It took me one hour to change all trim pieces with no clue what I was doing.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How hard is it to change the interior trim?