Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS REUE Audio/Eclipse Nav system priced reduced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 06:02 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Here are some shots Carlos sent...

Old 08-28-2007, 06:03 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Okay, just one photo It won't let me link for some reason...

Old 08-28-2007, 10:51 AM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
D Dog...I visited Rick Reus' shop here in SoCal before I did my system....He was a good guy but there was one thing he said that put me off....He said "If you listen to R&B or Hip Hop and like a really low bass, this isnt the system for you."....So I passed as I thought for the price...I should be able to listen to whatever I want and it sound good....why couldnt it accurately and faithfully reproduce low frequency? What it consists of is 2 way fronts...a mid bass in the door and tweeters only in the dash, mirror tweeters for center channel, 2 ways in the rear, may only be mid bass or maybe he left the stocks in...he said they were not that important...sub and amp...he uses drivers that he designs and has made for him that reproduce certain frequencies and amps that are made to his specs, his amps are not all that powerful (probably why they dont do low frequencies well) but they reproduce the frequencies he needs...all in all its a very well designed and thought out system, BUT, its nothing that cannot be done with careful planning and selection of components. He seems to have a Bose like theory as he uses smaller drivers and lower power to achieve his results. I am a pretty discerning guy as I am in a studio all day, so I picked my speakers and amp combo very carefully, and I am very happy with my system, and I can listen to all sorts of music without any issues. If you listen to anything but R&B and Hip Hop, its probably one of the best systems out there.....

Last edited by newport996; 08-28-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Unfortunatley I enjoy hip hop and techno. Maybe this isn't the setup for me. I tried calling Reus a bit ago and there was no answer. I'll call back again. I'm not sure how this system will work using all the factory bose speakers and adding two tweeters and upgrading the sub. Doesn't seem like they are changing a whole lot. I'll call him again and see what he says.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:37 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Unfortunatley I enjoy hip hop and techno. Maybe this isn't the setup for me. I tried calling Reus a bit ago and there was no answer. I'll call back again. I'm not sure how this system will work using all the factory bose speakers and adding two tweeters and upgrading the sub. Doesn't seem like they are changing a whole lot. I'll call him again and see what he says.
He doesnt keep the factory Bose speakers....replaces them....so you get new dash speakers, door speakers, rear speakers, sub, and mirror tweeter, with new amp and head unit....I dont think anything from your Bose system is retained....I think the only thing optional is the head unit....Call him, when I was talking about it about a year ago he was using the spare tire sub in the trunk with plastic hose into the cab (didnt seem all that efficient to me)...I told him about my plan for the footwell sub (wonder if he got the idea for it then) and now I see he is using one...it may deal with low end alot better than the old spare tire sub.

Last edited by newport996; 08-28-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I just got off the phone with Rick at Reus.

Here is his latest basic upgrade system for the 996 C2 cab.

You retain your factory bose amp, head unit, bose door speakers and rear speakers.

Reus sends you new dash speakers (mid/tweet), mirror tweets, an amp, and a footwell sub in a sealed enclosed enclosure.

There are numerous upgrades from there. Rick said he prefers to start with the basic system and see if you need more.

Newport, how much would you say you have invested in your setup?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Amp was $1000, Sub $750, Focal 3 ways $600...I also have Focal 2 ways in the rear $300, and Kenwood head unit $1,000.....Thats my COMPLETE system....not uncluding Nav module, Sirius module, iPod interface.....

Old 08-28-2007, 03:28 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Now I'm even more confused...

What exactly do you have in your car at this point? Piece for piece? You started with the factory Bose setup in your current cab, right? Outside of the factory locations, where else did Reus adds speakers for you?
Sorry didn't mean to confuse you. I HAD a reus system in my 2001 996 cab that did not come with BOSE. Stock, I only had a cassette player and no hi-fi sound package so I didn't even have door speakers. Reus came out and installed new dash speakers, door speakers, rear side panel speakers, sub in the trunk with 2 amps (1 McIntosh for the main speakers and 1 Reus amp for the sub). After a lot of *****ing and moaning from me and I'm sure some others, Rick made a special 8" midbass driver in a sealed enclosure that fit inside the center stack. They had to add another amp for the midbass driver as well. The system sounds incredible, I bought it without hearing it and never had any regrets. I'm sure there is someone in your area that can demo it for you because he flies his guys out all over the place to do installs.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:33 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I just got off the phone with Rick at Reus.

Here is his latest basic upgrade system for the 996 C2 cab.

You retain your factory bose amp, head unit, bose door speakers and rear speakers.

Reus sends you new dash speakers (mid/tweet), mirror tweets, an amp, and a footwell sub in a sealed enclosed enclosure.

There are numerous upgrades from there. Rick said he prefers to start with the basic system and see if you need more.

Newport, how much would you say you have invested in your setup?
I would suggest getting the whole system. The replacement speakers are incredible. I was able to get some insane volume levels out of the system without any distortion at all. That was the amazing thing about the system, I could play it as loud as I wanted (which is important with the top down on the highway) without distortion. NONE! I have the Bose cab sub in my 997S and I can say that the Reus midbass driver was much tighter and accurate. IMO, midbass is what gives a system it's punch and accuracy. Low freq bass can be sloppy and still sound impressive but midbass has to be tight as a drum.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Robert:

What do you mean by a mid bass driver in the center stack? I'm not sure I follow you.

Now that you got the 997, why did you not transfer the Reus over to it? It's part of the gimmick, no?

Old 08-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Robert:

What do you mean by a mid bass driver in the center stack? I'm not sure I follow you.

Now that you got the 997, why did you not transfer the Reus over to it? It's part of the gimmick, no?
He is talking about the sub enclosure....its probably tunes higher than a normal sub so it gives you more mid bass...what you hear, vs sub bass...what you feel. And maybe they still have the trunk sub for the low frequency?