Mileage:

Location (State):

FS REUE Audio/Eclipse Nav system priced reduced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:19 PM
cmont295 is on a distinguished road
FS REUS Audio/Eclipse Nav system priced reduced

I guys, I am reducing my REUS audio system and Eclipse AVN5495 head unit to the first $2,500. The system was on my 04' 911 c4s cab. PM for pics on the car and the unit in the box.. The system is only one year old, the Eclipse unit has a 3 year warranty, you can add sat. rad. and back up camera.The system sounds awesome, the best mod you can do to your 996, if you are into music.

Last edited by cmont295; 08-25-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:03 AM
snapscan is on a distinguished road
Shame your selling the system. Reus Audio is truly the best! I have a system in my 996 TT and absolutely love it.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:14 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
That includes all the speakers, amps, blah blah blah?

Old 08-26-2007, 05:47 PM
It is a great sounding system and it keeps your car looking stock. It includes the Eclipse head unit, amp, subwoofer for the foot well on the passenger side, and tweeters located on the rear view mirror. The stock bose speakers remain.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:50 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Do you think you can have a local shop install it or do I have to call Reuss?

Old 08-26-2007, 05:55 PM
I tried a local shop near my house to install only the head unit, and it was a nightmare!!!! Get Reus, or an equivalent shop to do it for you!! Pm so I can show u pics of the system installed.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:44 PM
sporters78 is on a distinguished road
reus sytems will be in south florida later this week, so if you want it installed be quick ( doing my cayenne system )

Old 08-27-2007, 06:55 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Do it Depdog! You really should have one of Rick's guys do it for you and if the system does not already come with it, make sure you get the midbass driver. Without it, the system really is not 100%. Best sound system for a cab! One time I was in Mexico doing 120+ with Fabspeeds screaming and it was as clear as a bell in my 996 cab!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Bobby G is on a distinguished road
Dep - do it. Carlos is selling his system only because he sold his Porsche and bought another car. FWIW he had it in his cab, too and it sounded great.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Do it Depdog! You really should have one of Rick's guys do it for you and if the system does not already come with it, make sure you get the midbass driver. Without it, the system really is not 100%. Best sound system for a cab! One time I was in Mexico doing 120+ with Fabspeeds screaming and it was as clear as a bell in my 996 cab!
I love speeding in Mexico

Okay, I'm confused. Carlos emailed me the pics of the setup. Right now, I have an 02 cab with the Bose. How much of the stock system is retained?

Carlos said this comes with the headunit, the mirror with the tweeters, and the sub (that I guess replaces the bose sub in the footwell), and the amp.

Where would this mid bass driver go? Reus is so secretive on their website it's hard to tell what is what. I meant to call Rick today and ran out of time.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Bobby G
Dep - do it. Carlos is selling his system only because he sold his Porsche and bought another car. FWIW he had it in his cab, too and it sounded great.
Doesn't Reus have some sort of deal that even if you get another car they put a new system in or something like that so you only buy one stereo for life? Or am I making this **** up?

Old 08-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Bobby G is on a distinguished road
I don't know the answer to that question, but not all speaker set ups are uniform. One car might need 4-5" speakers, while another will accomodate larger mid-range woofers. Plus the subwoofer enclosure is custom. Plus, I think Carlos' new car has nav already.

-Bobby

Old 08-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I got an M6, and the stock stereo is pretty awesome, the nav system in no where near as good as the Eclipse head unit. This is the same unit that Lexus uses in their cars and it is faster and more user friendly than BMW's.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:38 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deputydog95
I love speeding in Mexico

Okay, I'm confused. Carlos emailed me the pics of the setup. Right now, I have an 02 cab with the Bose. How much of the stock system is retained?

Carlos said this comes with the headunit, the mirror with the tweeters, and the sub (that I guess replaces the bose sub in the footwell), and the amp.

Where would this mid bass driver go? Reus is so secretive on their website it's hard to tell what is what. I meant to call Rick today and ran out of time.
A complete system is all new speakers including dash, doors, and rear sides plus a sub in the front trunk. 2 amps, one for the speakers and one for the sub. I am sure there are many options but of the ones I am familiar with, there are the mirror tweets and the midbass driver (adds one more amp). I believe Ryan (Shankenfelter) had a couple of 10" rear seat subs made but that's kind of a custom deal I think and I'm pretty sure that would add another amp.

If the bose sub in my 997S cab sounds anything like the 02-05 Bose tunnel sub for cabs, I can say that there is a difference. The Bose sub is a ported bandpass design so it's a little driver with porting to make a big sound. The Reus midbass driver is a sealed 8" enclosure and it hits really hard and tight. The sound is amazing. My 01 996 cab didn't have the Bose sub because the Bose system came out in 2002 so Rick later added the midbass driver. My system sounded great without the mirror tweets but the midbass driver made all the difference in the world. I also had a McIntosh amp instead of the Reus amp but I don't think it made a difference based on what I heard in a Reus amp only system.

$2500 including the Eclipse headunit is a great deal. I believe my system was around $5-6k without mirror tweeters or the Eclipse headunit! Rick is a class act and the system sounds amazing.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:59 AM
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
A complete system is all new speakers including dash, doors, and rear sides plus a sub in the front trunk. 2 amps, one for the speakers and one for the sub. I am sure there are many options but of the ones I am familiar with, there are the mirror tweets and the midbass driver (adds one more amp). I believe Ryan (Shankenfelter) had a couple of 10" rear seat subs made but that's kind of a custom deal I think and I'm pretty sure that would add another amp.

If the bose sub in my 997S cab sounds anything like the 02-05 Bose tunnel sub for cabs, I can say that there is a difference. The Bose sub is a ported bandpass design so it's a little driver with porting to make a big sound. The Reus midbass driver is a sealed 8" enclosure and it hits really hard and tight. The sound is amazing. My 01 996 cab didn't have the Bose sub because the Bose system came out in 2002 so Rick later added the midbass driver. My system sounded great without the mirror tweets but the midbass driver made all the difference in the world. I also had a McIntosh amp instead of the Reus amp but I don't think it made a difference based on what I heard in a Reus amp only system.

$2500 including the Eclipse headunit is a great deal. I believe my system was around $5-6k without mirror tweeters or the Eclipse headunit! Rick is a class act and the system sounds amazing.
Now I'm even more confused...

What exactly do you have in your car at this point? Piece for piece? You started with the factory Bose setup in your current cab, right? Outside of the factory locations, where else did Reus adds speakers for you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS REUE Audio/Eclipse Nav system priced reduced